• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible 7th round safety

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of this guy before, I don't think he's still around in round 7

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7th Rd picks are worth taking fliers, just not 4th rd. AOA immediately comes to mind :gaah:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Safety I was high on & wrong about was Pat Watkins from FSU.

I thought Watkins had potential. He is 6'5", I was hoping he could use that great height and length to be a ball hawk.

As for AOA, I posted a lot of crap over on ESPN hyping that guy up. I thought he was going to be a pro bowl type. Shows what I know since he turned out to be fools gold.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Watkins had potential. He is 6'5", I was hoping he could use that great height and length to be a ball hawk.

As for AOA, I posted a lot of crap over on ESPN hyping that guy up. I thought he was going to be a pro bowl type. Shows what I know since he turned out to be fools gold.

You have to :laugh3: to keep from :bawling: as a Cowboys fan when you think about who we have had @ Safety since Woody. Alan Ball was a starter for goodness sake :L

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to :laugh3: to keep from :bawling: as a Cowboys fan when you think about who we have had @ Safety since Woody. Alan Ball was a starter for goodness sake :L

That's why I am all for getting a 1st round Safety this year. I am starting to get the feeling Dallas won't draft a Safety in the first three rounds, though.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the first 3 rounds have to be defense. The Cowboys are in desperate need for a playmaker on that side of the ball. Outside of Lee who imo can't be counted on because of health we lack playmakers and haven't had any for a long time except for Ware and he's gone. I thought Claiborne could be that guy if he doesn't make huge strides this year than he will have been a bust and maybe we don't pick up his 5th year option.

After the 3rd round i'm all for going OL, QB, RB, or a WR who can take the lid off the defense and stretch the field. I'm so excited hopefully this is not on of those :wtf2: drafts that we get seemingly every 3 or 4 yrs.

I put this in the wrong thread lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely thought Watkins was the next great safety.

I like Watkins turned out to be a bomb and i'm afraid Claiborne might be that guy. My fingers are crossed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or a WR who can take the lid off the defense and stretch the field.

I am always a little curious to hear why people think Dallas needs a speedster at WR?

Romo throws a horrible deep ball! How many times have we all watched him under throw Dez on the deep stuff, when Dez is 5+ yards behind the defense? There were probably at least 3 sure fire TD's Romo missed to Dez last year because the ball was under thrown. When Romo proves he can hit our guys in stride first, then maybe I would be a little more pressed for a burner at WR. Besides, Williams is plenty capable of getting behind the defense. Romo missed him a few times last year also.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Sharper is also from WM. Will you ever tale another player from Sonoma St?

I want an actual safety. LOL and currently we have 5 Free Safeties on the team. Don't need a 6th for depth. We need someone to come in and fight for the job

I'd rather use those late round picks to try to develop linemen.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Romo's deep ball but you still want that threat. If that speedster goes deep 4 times a game and Romo can hit him 50% of the time is it worth it. Defenses can't role the coverage to Dez or Witten if the guy is on your team. That's my reason. It also can cause mismatches.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been one that wanted a burner. A good route running is a must though ( explains why im not as high on Dez as most)

That 90s Cowboys team didn't have a burner.......