• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Positions that need to be addressed pre draft edition

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's just a guard. Wait till the 3rd round.

Need those first two picks for CB or DL.

No offensive toys the golden boy this year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew loves himself some offensive skilled players. So I am not as sure as some. I think a RB in the 1st or 2nd is a distinct possibility.

I do think Gurley at 23 is a good value but can't say I wouldn't be disappointed a position of greater need was not addressed.

And Mayhew can kiss my ass with BPA. The degrees of separation at any spot in the draft is slight so to say Gurley was best player available as opposed to Flowers is a huge pile of steaming shit served with spin by Mayhew. BPA is code for the guy he likes regardless of need.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have so many picks to fill several huge holes. At this point I think you have to seriously consider signing Wis and look to Swanson for the LG spot.

That opens the door to flowers, Collins, or Humphries in the 1st for us. That should create quite a bit of versatility among the players and spots that ultimately fill. I don't see any other way to at least try and improve there.

I think Coleman is there for us in the 2nd rd. if they go that route then maybe it forces Mayhew to make what is now clearly his best option and bring Mosely back for depth at DT.

No idea as to their 3rd pick
Im not against any of the guys you named. But I think Flowers is waaaay gone by the time we pick in the 1st and Coleman we'll have to trade up for. Or trade back for.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you lumping them. This test this time was to read the question and answer. The OP was
imying a GM only. I did not want to get in trouble, yet again.
Too late.

Your knuckles have already scheduled an appointment with a ruler.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late.

Your knuckles have already scheduled an appointment with a ruler.

nun-flick-the-bird.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayhew drafts a RB, in the first or second round, it will be his 3rd running back selected with a high pick. It looks like RB has been a priority for the Lions.
I don't think that's an entirely fair statement. It would be his 3rd RB taken in the 1st or 2nd round over 7 drafts. I'm not sure that qualifies the position as that high pf a priority...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew loves himself some offensive skilled players. So I am not as sure as some. I think a RB in the 1st or 2nd is a distinct possibility.

I do think Gurley at 23 is a good value but can't say I wouldn't be disappointed a position of greater need was not addressed.

And Mayhew can kiss my ass with BPA. The degrees of separation at any spot in the draft is slight so to say Gurley was best player available as opposed to Flowers is a huge pile of steaming shit served with spin by Mayhew. BPA is code for the guy he likes regardless of need.
Even though he's drafted more linemen in the top 3 rounds than he has offensive skill players?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he's drafted more linemen in the top 3 rounds than he has offensive skill players?

False.

Suh, Fairley, Reiff, Warford, Swanson, Ansah 6 lineman in rounds 1-3

Stafford, Best, Pettigrew, Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, Mikel Leshoure, Ebron, Derek Williams 8 offensive skilled players drafted in rounds 1-3

Not to mention he traded away picks to move up for a couple of those skilled players.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False.

Suh, Fairley, Reiff, Warford, Swanson, Ansah 6 lineman in rounds 1-3

Stafford, Best, Pettigrew, Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, Mikel Leshoure, Ebron, Derek Williams 8 offensive skilled players drafted in rounds 1-3

Not to mention he traded away picks to move up for a couple of those skilled players.

Did you just refer to Mikel Leshoure and Derrick Williams as skilled? :eek:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's an entirely fair statement. It would be his 3rd RB taken in the 1st or 2nd round over 7 drafts. I'm not sure that qualifies the position as that high pf a priority...

I view RBs like QBs you just should not be drafting many of them in the first and second round.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did they trade up for those first two backs? Makes it seem a little more important in my eyes when you give up some picks for two RBs. Not getting much legacy from those two picks.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they trade up for those first two backs? Makes it seem a little more important in my eyes when you give up some picks for two RBs. Not getting much legacy from those two picks.
The trade up for Best had me pulling my fucking hair out. He got another concussion walking to the podium. The Leshoure pick(and trade up) wouldn't have seemed so bad if the issues with Best ended better. Leshoure being a bust made it fucking outrageous but that's with the luxury of hindsight.

Best probably just got another concussion.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view RBs like QBs you just should not be drafting many of them in the first and second round.
I'd stay away from them at almost all costs in the 1st, but I made a post earlier that the Pats seem to grab a RB on day two every couple of years (James White- 4th round 2014, traded a 2013 7th rounder for Blount, Shane Vareen- 2nd round 2011, Stevan Ridley- 3rd round 2011), which seems to keep their RB corps versatile and well-stocked. I'm not opposed to taking a back in the 2nd round at all, since that's when they've been starting to come off the board over the last couple years, and with our spot we might be able to get one of the best two or three backs in the draft...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. A solid rotational DT. Even if Walker pans out the Lions will need a guy to keep the 31 year old Ngata fresh and be able to step in if an injury occurs. I think a solid player keeps the unit above average and the defense a really good unit. I would actually like to see 2 DTs but a guy that gets consistent minutes and contributes is the most important thing. Very, very, important.

I would like us to look at Da'Quan Bowers DT/DE from Tampa he should come pretty cheap and would give us a poormans 3 tech next to Ngata's 1/2 tech on passing downs.