• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position coaches thread

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up for him would be massively stu
Yeah, I'm not sure attaining CW would necessarily be stupid. The kid has legit skills n KK's biggest selling point is his QB whisperer skill. But if KK is supposed to be the carrot that lures CW. I see this as more of the same ol' Skins. Trying to take higher risk shortcuts as opposed to doing things in a more measured n positive manner. And as chiller has alluded to. Getting in some hissy fit war of words with Johnson isn't gonna benefit the Skins in anyway except to enforce the business as usual cluelessness that's been a staple of several Skins FO units dating back to the early 2000s.

And the Quinn hire hasn't exactly warmed by cockles either. They cut loose one defensive minded HC with questionable schemes n gameplans. For another defensive minded coach with a better grasp of today's game. Yet was unable to get solid play from his defensive unit. Unless playing with a lead big enough allowing his front four to pin their ears backs n his coverage guys to take better calculated risks. Their signature wins were against a bigger pretender team than themselves in the Dolphins n their only win against a legitimately good team in Det. Where a solid arguement could be made that it was Det that beat Det not Dallas.

Far as whether or not the Glenn interview would've been legit or not. Or the Skins decided well beforehand to not interview Glenn. I'm not sure that matters much. The perception that the Glenn interview was nothing more than window dressing has been put out in the atmosphere. That will be enough to fuel more negative speculation n really. Given the way the Skins brass has conducted itself of late. They aren't really deserving of getting the benefit of doubt.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea wtf I did, but what looks like a mic icon with a single slash line ŕ is showing up in all of @kbso83432 posts n says I'm ignoring him. I've never put anyone on ignore. Help a brotha out. How do I un-ignore the homey.

Free kb! Free kb!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next big coach hire will be the Oline coach AND the DL coach ..has anybody heard anything ??

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it when people say kliffs offense was rated 16 20th 18th 17th 14 th and are mad but yet Manders offense in 6 years never cracked the 21 rate mark

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea wtf I did, but what looks like a mic icon with a single slash line ŕ is showing up in all of @kbso83432 posts n says I'm ignoring him. I've never put anyone on ignore. Help a brotha out. How do I un-ignore the homey.

Free kb! Free kb!
Lol....i have no idea breed. Probably gotta ask @skinsdad62

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were going to interview Glenn too, and was wondering why they turned the plane around mid flight.

If the skins brass did that as a response to BJ’s immaturity, then it doesnt make the skins out to be any better, that’s for sure.

Maybe they decided on not interviewing Glenn beforehand?

BJ should have taken the interview anyway once the skins were in the air, then he could have politely declined the position if offered afterwards, and nobody would have been the wiser.
yup. The professional thing to do was to continue with the interview as you said. but maybe he was afraid the offer was something he couldn't turn down. Can't help feeling we dodged a bullet with Johnson. if he doesnt feel he is ready to be a HC, then we sure has hell didn't want him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim apparently said that some position coaches will be announced this week and full staff should be in place by next Tuesday.

That seems pretty fast to me, but Quinn is not playing around.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim apparently said that some position coaches will be announced this week and full staff should be in place by next Tuesday.

That seems pretty fast to me, but Quinn is not playing around.
Probably want to check guys on the 49ers staff and chiefs staff

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y'alls eyes remain solely fixed on all things Dallas.

and it's still funny to me.
Add in 49ers Pday...add in the 49ers...

When is your interview?

My guess is Quinn brings 2 more DAL coaches. We will see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y'alls eyes remain solely fixed on all things Dallas.

and it's still funny to me.

No worries. We will fire them before the playoffs start so we can win in the playoffs. It is like the Dallas staff can coach the hell out of the game in the regular season but have no idea what they are doing in the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. We will fire them before the playoffs start so we can win in the playoffs. It is like the Dallas staff can coach the hell out of the game in the regular season but have no idea what they are doing in the playoffs.
pretty funny.
Now it's playoffs!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you all hiring at DC?
not sure who takes this job when the head coach is basically on a one year deal...other than the coaches set for interviews. I think maybe a guy who's played for or coached with McCarthy. Al Harris is mentioned.