• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Porzingas potentially wants out too

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks just cleared enough cap space for 2 max free agents. Kyrie and KD?

I like Kemba better for that team than Kyrie.

Still, people need to stop acting as if it's free agency or bust for the Knicks. They came to the realization that they were never going to be a title contender for the duration of Porzingis' time there, so what they did is stockpile draft assets for the future to go along with a potential #1 pick this year.

And if the free agents happen to come, it would just be a nice bonus for them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks also have a miserable, no good organizational culture. If KD learned anything from his stint in GS it should be the importance of a positive culture.

Is that the current guys though? Fizdale was just hired, and the GM the year before. Their previous GM (and exec vice pres) was elevated to president, so he's still there. The problem is the owner IMO, who needs to let his baskeball people run the team and be seen, not heard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, people need to stop acting as if it's free agency or bust for the Knicks. They came to the realization that they were never going to be a title contender for the duration of Porzingis' time there, so what they did is stockpile draft assets for the future to go along with a potential #1 pick this year.

It's NY. They are planning on free agents coming for sure. Doesn't mean they'll get them.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the Kemba sentiment. I wrote as much in another post somewhere on here.

But I disagree with your free agent assessment. I think it's vital to their franchise to be able to lure a superstar player to their franchise. Otherwise they still need to spend that cap space that they've opened up and if they pick the wrong players, it'll handcuff their franchise again for years. Then you can have a rinse-repeat situation with their new potential #1 pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO you seriously don't think Brooklyn's roster is much better than the Knicks?

They only been one of the best teams in the league for the last 2 months now

without Lavert

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO you seriously don't think Brooklyn's roster is much better than the Knicks?

They only been one of the best teams in the league for the last 2 months now

The Spencer Dinwiddie disrespect is real.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you project a lottery pick to be #1 when it only has a 14% chance of landing at #1?
The same as two other teams.....
Should be rephrased as most likely top-4.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premature post: @bksballer89

Because they are such a mess that Kristaps requested a trade before he even hit RFA. That is unprecedented for a player of his caliber. The fact that the Knicks actually moved him implies that Porzingas may have told them he would have turned down the max extension and tried to force his way to unrestricted free agency after 1 more year. Also unprecedented.

Sorry, but if your franchise is such a disaster that you can't keep an elite RFA, you defintely aren't signing the cream of the crop unrestricted free agents.

It just is not going to happen. No way, no how.

Ok.

I may have to walk this back a bit after seeing the AD, Kyrie + KD rumors.

I don't think it will happen... but it actually does make sense.

A trade package of DSJ + Knox + this year's unprotected first + 1 more future first (top 5 protected in case the Knicks strike out) could be a really intriguing package for NO. If NYK are serious about going all in, they should try to get that deal done before the deadline and before the lottery.