• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Polumbus

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, this guys worry's me and I don't feel he is the answer now or later. Do we keep our eye of the most recent cuts or look to make a trade for a bonafide RT now? :noidea:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely the weakest link on the offense. This is the preseason though when they don't really game plan or try to mask guys like him. Regular season last year they did a lot to move the pocket and the read option helped him. They'll do the same this year.

I doubt they'll have an opportunity to sign anyone that's starting caliber.

This will have to be a primary area of focus next off season. When we have the salary cap space back and can afford to REALLY address the position.

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^^^^^ Agreed, next year we'll make a push for a starting caliber RT or see if we can draft one at least....Polumbus is the weakest link and I know Kyle will move the pocket on roll outs or add an extra blocker on Polumbus's side to help him. I just don't trust Polumbus protecting Bobby from that side at all and will sh*t bricks everytime we can a pass play without an additional blocker on the right.

Hail!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Polumbus is a liability. But there is something to be said for continuity. Bringing in someone with a week before the week starts really won't help. We need to just work through it for one more year and address is as a priority next year.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have is what we have at this point. Too late in the game and we have zero cap space. Otherwise they may have given Winston a spin.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have is what we have at this point. Too late in the game and we have zero cap space. Otherwise they may have given Winston a spin.

i was holding out hope all offseason we would sign Winston

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that we've run so many pocket-oriented plays in the preseason, I think the O-line has done a damn good job even with Polumbus. You are always gonna have a weakness somewhere and RGIII does so much to lessen the importance of the O-line that I'm not worried. Better at RT where he can see them coming than from LT.

I'm worried about our offense a grand total of NADA right now. The D side of the ball is where any focus on improvement needs to be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have to go with this guy for another season . you cant fix everything in one off season and we gambled we could live with polumbus

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polumbus is the weak link and we all know it and knew it. The coaches also know this. They didn't see an affordable way to address it so we have him again this season.

Even with this weak link, we were a top five offense last season. Not every position can be a strength...you just have to learn to mask the weaknesses.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely sticks out like a sore thumb but as others have mentioned, we are stuck with him through this year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game once more last night, it painfully obvious even to Polumbus just how bad he really is. He was awful on Monday night. Just how bad is Pashos and Trueblood? Why is it that Compton can back up Trent, but not be a viable candidate at RT? I still think we have issues at Center as well as WR, but I for one would want the RT spot addressed immediately.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game once more last night, it painfully obvious even to Polumbus just how bad he really is. He was awful on Monday night. Just how bad is Pashos and Trueblood? Why is it that Compton can back up Trent, but not be a viable candidate at RT? I still think we have issues at Center as well as WR, but I for one would want the RT spot addressed immediately.

While I agree that we definetly need to get a new RT next year...I disagree with the fact that we need receiver help....I believe we have a nice bunch of ball catchers on the team....WR is definetly NOT a high priority next year!!! comparred to others areas of NEED.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that we definetly need to get a new RT next year...I disagree with the fact that we need receiver help....I believe we have a nice bunch of ball catchers on the team....WR is definetly NOT a high priority next year!!! comparred to others areas of NEED.

When I say "issues" Lonewater, I mean areas that we could use an upgrade. I realize we have MORE pressing issues to address before WR like, ILB, Safety, DL etc. However, our RT position is a dire need and hopefully it doesn't cost us our future QB this year by not addressing one, if not the most important need we had going into the offseason. We obviously addressed the secondary with the draft but have lost one of those pics to injury. The other (Rambo) just doesn't appear to be ready and Merriweather can't be counted on. So yes, still a position of need but if necessary, we can always move Hall back to FS. I believe Hall and Merriweather would resolve our immediate need while Rambo learns OTJ.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polumbus is trash. Idk why the team has so much faith in him... Winston >Pashos/Trueblood

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say "issues" Lonewater, I mean areas that we could use an upgrade. I realize we have MORE pressing issues to address before WR like, ILB, Safety, DL etc. However, our RT position is a dire need and hopefully it doesn't cost us our future QB this year by not addressing one, if not the most important need we had going into the offseason. We obviously addressed the secondary with the draft but have lost one of those pics to injury. The other (Rambo) just doesn't appear to be ready and Merriweather can't be counted on. So yes, still a position of need but if necessary, we can always move Hall back to FS. I believe Hall and Merriweather would resolve our immediate need while Rambo learns OTJ.

I pretty much agree with what you have said here.....but I take exception to your having issues at WR....I believe WR is a very low priority for the skins and a position they dont need to necessarily make upgrades next offseason....that was what I was getting at....

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with what you have said here.....but I take exception to your having issues at WR....I believe WR is a very low priority for the skins and a position they dont need to necessarily make upgrades next offseason....that was what I was getting at....

Next off season I would trade Cap't Kirk straight up for Larry Fitzgerald. That's an upgrade my friend...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next off season I would trade Cap't Kirk straight up for Larry Fitzgerald. That's an upgrade my friend...

who wouldnt ? but the cards arent doing that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do that trade for Fitz. He's going to command close to 15 mil/season.

The Cards won't do that either. They just traded for Palmer.