• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Who wins Deflategate appeal?

Who wins Deflategate appeal?

• NFL Wins 2-1

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Cheaters Win 2-1

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Is there any of Rock leftover potato salad left?

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story will never ever ever end.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hate is the argument that everyone cheats and you ain't trying if you aren't cheating, that everyone is just bending the rules and getting every advantage, as that's their job. Come on, if you're caught and you're guilty, you get punished. I know that it incentivizes not getting caught, but no shit, right? You always have the incentive to not get caught. And when you do, you should get punished for that and all the efforts to not get caught. If that's a problem, don't cheat, or find better ways to catch others cheating. Some things are subjective and the punishment should be relative and the vitriol can be too much, but the generality of the defense of everybody's doing it and they were just so competitive doesn't do it for me.

I usually take my lumps when I'm caught speeding.

But I still speed and I own a really good radar detector.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL - 21
Cheddahs - 0
Rock's famous potato salad - 12
I smell something fishy here ...

Edit: add one more vote for Rock's mysterious potato concoction

Last edited:

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polling the Experts: Who Will Win the Deflategate Appeal? polls a bunch of sports lawyers as to who'll win. It's basically 50-50.

The ones who think Brady will win seem to be saying:
  • Yeah, the judges seem to have issues with some of what Berman said.
  • But they only have to sustain on one of his three points in order to for Brady to win.
Steph Stradley's Twitter feed also has something I had difficulty parsing about the NFL's lawyer having misled the court about some facts, requiring some kind of routine process to correct the error. I presume she doesn't think this is a big deal.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL - 21
Cheddahs - 0
Rock's famous potato salad - 12
I smell something fishy here ...

Edit: add one more vote for Rock's mysterious potato concoction

Even I voted 2-1 NFL.

But I've always been a bit of a pessimist.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted that the NFL wins, but then I thought they would win the first go around.:tsk:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised by these %'s??? 16% of Americans believe Brady and Pats, but in NE it's 58%!!!

Poll finds few Americans believe Tom Brady on Deflategate
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2016, 1:21 PM EST
wzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi3mty2mzm1mmmxmtu0njfmmzq5mznjn2findiwmzi3-e1445561750762.jpeAP
When Tom Brady was asked if he’s a cheater in the early days of Deflategate, he answered, “I don’t believe so.” Most Americans don’t believe him.

A scientific survey of American opinion on Deflategate, conducted for Yahoo Sports, found that just 16.3 percent of Americans said they believe Brady and the Patriots when they say they did not intentionally deflate footballs in the AFC Championship Game last year. A plurality, 43.4 percent, said they don’t know who to believe, while 40.3 percent said they believe the NFL’s findings that Brady cheated.

In the New England area, those answers are very different: 58 percent believe the Patriots, just 18.7 percent believe the NFL, and 23.3 percent don’t know.

The poll found that nationwide, Brady faired better among women than men.

Brady and the NFL are still waging legal battle over the league’s attempt to suspend him for four games over Deflategate. Brady went to court and had his four-game suspension overturned last year, but the NFL is still attempting to get the suspension reinstated.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised by these %'s??? 16% of Americans believe Brady and Pats, but in NE it's 58%!!!

View attachment 96081AP
When Tom Brady was asked if he’s a cheater in the early days of Deflategate, he answered, “I don’t believe so.” Most Americans don’t believe him.

A scientific survey of American opinion on Deflategate, conducted for Yahoo Sports, found that just 16.3 percent of Americans said they believe Brady and the Patriots when they say they did not intentionally deflate footballs in the AFC Championship Game last year. A plurality, 43.4 percent, said they don’t know who to believe, while 40.3 percent said they believe the NFL’s findings that Brady cheated.

In the New England area, those answers are very different: 58 percent believe the Patriots, just 18.7 percent believe the NFL, and 23.3 percent don’t know.

Brady and the NFL are still waging legal battle over the league’s attempt to suspend him for four games over Deflategate. Brady went to court and had his four-game suspension overturned last year, but the NFL is still attempting to get the suspension reinstated.

Makes sense. He handled the issue very poorly and most pats fans are homers, much like fans of other teams. Not surprising that he faired better among women.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 96081AP

He cheated and lied about it and ruined good people's lives.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3