• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Who will win v2: Patriots or Broncos?

Who will win the AFC Championship?

• Broncos

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • Patriots

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, okay. Because to hear Brady fans tell it, he shines when it matters most. Since that's the case, I'm just confused! Maybe the explanation is that when the Pats win, "Brady is amazing" but when they lose, "it's a team effort?" :noidea:

HD you know the QB gets the credit when his team wins and the blame when they lose. Its the way it is. OF COURSE the fans of said teams arent going to blame their own QB but all other outside people will. If Denver wins tomorrow everyone here will be lauding Manning and downing Brady regardless of how they actually perform and vice versa if the Pats win. Its the blessing and the curse of being a QB.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please tell me why the Patriots haven't won shit in 10 years if Brady is so great?

If winning more games than anybody and going to 2 SB 's and 4 AFCG is shit I'll gladly take shit. Hammer Brady made you his and your team his biatch . You cant seem to think straight. Yor remind me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction and Tom Is Michael Douglas

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is 7-0 vs teams who Jack Del Rio is the DC for.

Manning hasn't lost to the same team twice in a year since 2007. We can find stats all day long that support the Broncos winning and the Patriots winning this game.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If winning more games than anybody and going to 2 SB 's and 4 AFCG is shit I'll gladly take shit. Hammer Brady made you his and your team his biatch . You cant seem to think straight. Yor remind me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction and Tom Is Michael Douglas

If the Patriots are sooooo great, why haven't they won a Super Bowl in 10 years? Stop the lame attempts at insulting me and just answer the question.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny to me is the Patriots have been playing up all week how they are the underdog but this pole and many like it still have them as the favorite in this game. So still not sure which is it at this point. Who is the actual favorite in this game?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who I want in this game.

I know the two best teams are still standing and one must lose.

I really want to say the Patriots are going to win but.....

This game has to be played. All of our wants and talk and bullshit - even our faith, won't shape the outcome.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny to me is the Patriots have been playing up all week how they are the underdog but this pole and many like it still have them as the favorite in this game. So still not sure which is it at this point. Who is the actual favorite in this game?

The Broncos at -5.5

As usual, Vegas made the spread very intriguing. I'll put my vCash on Denver, but not a cent of real cash.

I just don't see any way that this game gets lopsided unless a.) New England wins the battle of possession and marches down the field on the ground, or b.) Peyton somehow manages to brutalize the New England secondary.

I predict one of these QBs comes out of this game tomorrow more hyped than they've ever been. There is zero doubt in my mind that we're in for the best game all year.

If this game doesn't interest you, football doesn't interest you. I get butterflies just thinking about kickoff and I don't even have a horse in this race.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would me betting my house be doing you a favor?? LOL. You seem to be upset. You asked for the link. It was provided. This thread asked for opinions. I gave mine. Clearly you are of a different opinion which is hardly surprising considering you are a Broncos fan, I wouldnt expect you to think the Pats are going to win. Just chill man. As you stated my opinion means squat ( as does yours ). The game will be decided on the field just like ALL the other times Brady and Manning have matched up.

Its the Patriots vs the Broncos. Not Brady vs. Manning. People that watch to much ESPN show there ignorance.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only people with no football knowledge blame QB's and not teams for losses.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of factors at play tomorrow that no one has discussed.

First, Tom Brady is concerned that he doesn't have the Wide Receivers to totally get the job done that he'd like to do. Therefore, he has to play around a bit and get a feel for what he'll be working with. Other than that, he only wants to win the game.....nothing else matters.

Next, Peyton Manning is playing for his legacy, he's playing to not only win the game, he's playing so that when the "greatest" quarterback of this era is discussed, he isn't dismissed. He's played his entire career with teams built specifically for his talents and arm and he's only delivered once in 15 years. He has a reputation of choking in high pressure games especially against Bill Belichick. This game will not be the defining game for Peyton Manning, it is the table setting game. He must win this game so that he has a chance to get his second Super Bowl ring. He loses tomorrow and it's pretty much over for him........Denver will have this team next year and Peyton could be done anyway. He has the pressure of the Denver Bronco faithful fully expecting him to come in to Mile High and crush the Patriots. He has the internal pressure of making himself not do anything wrong in any way that could cost him this game. He has the internal pressure of knowing that if he loses tomorrow he will never be able to be discussed in the same sentence with Tom Brady.

If Manning is too careful and gets picked early, he could implode and try to be even more cautious which will take him completely out of his game and the Denver Broncos totally out of theirs. If Manning comes out and doesn't let any of the pressure get to him, he has all of the tools at his disposal to just play ................... play his type of game and put the Patriots on their heels.

If I had to bet my 401K on this game straight up, I'd go with half on the Broncos and Half on the Patriots, because I think this game is going to one where the team with ball last wins.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of factors at play tomorrow that no one has discussed.

First, Tom Brady is concerned that he doesn't have the Wide Receivers to totally get the job done that he'd like to do. Therefore, he has to play around a bit and get a feel for what he'll be working with. Other than that, he only wants to win the game.....nothing else matters.

Next, Peyton Manning is playing for his legacy, he's playing to not only win the game, he's playing so that when the "greatest" quarterback of this era is discussed, he isn't dismissed. He's played his entire career with teams built specifically for his talents and arm and he's only delivered once in 15 years. He has a reputation of choking in high pressure games especially against Bill Belichick. This game will not be the defining game for Peyton Manning, it is the table setting game. He must win this game so that he has a chance to get his second Super Bowl ring. He loses tomorrow and it's pretty much over for him........Denver will have this team next year and Peyton could be done anyway. He has the pressure of the Denver Bronco faithful fully expecting him to come in to Mile High and crush the Patriots. He has the internal pressure of making himself not do anything wrong in any way that could cost him this game. He has the internal pressure of knowing that if he loses tomorrow he will never be able to be discussed in the same sentence with Tom Brady.

If Manning is too careful and gets picked early, he could implode and try to be even more cautious which will take him completely out of his game and the Denver Broncos totally out of theirs. If Manning comes out and doesn't let any of the pressure get to him, he has all of the tools at his disposal to just play ................... play his type of game and put the Patriots on their heels.

If I had to bet my 401K on this game straight up, I'd go with half on the Broncos and Half on the Patriots, because I think this game is going to one where the team with ball last wins.

Lots of funny stuff here. The last sentence has to be the funniest, though. Betting like that would only insure that you pay the juice on both bets, with the winning and losing bets canceling each other out.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

go with either the spread or consider it a pickem. Because in reality I don't think any of the teams this week is a strong favorite. All 4 are pretty evenly matched.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go with either the spread or consider it a pickem. Because in reality I don't think any of the teams this week is a strong favorite. All 4 are pretty evenly matched.

Oh I agree they are all very evenly matched at this point which is what you hope for come Championship week. Just remember earlier in the week Brady and other Patriots were trying to play up the underdog role in this one yet I continue to see especially in the media them picking the Patriots. Not so much on anything they see on film but more just on Brady and Belechick. Which both are good reasons just think this is a very different Patriots team than before and this isn't a home game. It just seems to me the media can't get past Brady and BB and there at least to me is so much more to this game than those two alone.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Patriots are sooooo great, why haven't they won a Super Bowl in 10 years? Stop the lame attempts at insulting me and just answer the question.

I didnt insult you, just stating facts. If you watched the last 2 pats SB, you know that the offense gave the defense a lead late in the game,only to see the D give up late TD's/ Not gonna make excuses and say if Samuels makes an easy int, Eli is in grasp or Tyre doesnt make a helmut catch. It is what it is. Just like if Caldwell makes just 1 of the 3 drops in the 06 AFCC game, Peyton is like Marino with no rings. I rather lose like that then have Brady throw a pick to porter to lose a SB, Ill advised across body throw to lose to Ravens etc etc. Brady has put team in position to win every SB, instead of giving the game away. Dont boil any rabbits Omaha Omaha Omaha I expect Denver to win tomorrow only to lose to Seattle in SB, just my prediction. So you can than a Patriot ( Caldwell) to help give Manning his 1 ring in 15 years

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver the line has jumped from 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 Denver with the 4 real good receivers vs Edelman and now a running game. Remember Patriots lost their top 5 receivers and in Denver so easy pick. If Pats still had Gronk,Hernandes,Lloyd,Welker and Woodhead and Denver Lost their top 5 receivers, Pats would be Fav

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree they are all very evenly matched at this point which is what you hope for come Championship week. Just remember earlier in the week Brady and other Patriots were trying to play up the underdog role in this one yet I continue to see especially in the media them picking the Patriots. Not so much on anything they see on film but more just on Brady and Belechick. Which both are good reasons just think this is a very different Patriots team than before and this isn't a home game. It just seems to me the media can't get past Brady and BB and there at least to me is so much more to this game than those two alone.

To the media, its the sexy pick. But Vegas and the public knows better, Manning and Broncos at home. The no# 1 scoring offense ever at home, Pats should be a 7-9 point dog

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver the line has jumped from 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 Denver with the 4 real good receivers vs Edelman and now a running game. Remember Patriots lost their top 5 receivers and in Denver so easy pick. If Pats still had Gronk,Hernandes,Lloyd,Welker and Woodhead and Denver Lost their top 5 receivers, Pats would be Fav

So now are we going to get into the excuse game? Yes Denver is favored by Vegas and probably rightly so since they are the #1 seed in the AFC and playing at home. I said the media though seem to be favoring the Patriots in this one. Looking at this pole on here it looks like the fans are pretty close to what the media is saying. Now I have seen other poles where it is closer to 70% in favor of the Broncos winning so I guess it just depends where you look.

Now yes if the Patriots still had all those weapons my guess is they would be the favored team in this one but that is how the NFL works in every year teams will lose certain players that either they had the year before and lost to FA or will lose to injury. For the Broncos they have lost 6 starters on the defense to IR. On offense they have lost 2 starting OL players and their top RB from last year to Free Agency. IF they had all those players I don't think this game would be picked by anybody but Patriots fans for the Patriots to win.