• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Should David Blatt keep his job?

Should David Blatt keep his job?

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win now and nothing against Blatt but a coach with experience would be much better option then he is. You don't have to agree but let's not act like he is a good coach in this league. He still has years of experience to go and failed to make adjustments on iso's and running the clock down to 5 seconds before making a move. If he can't control the players (Lebron) then he's jsut a puppet anyways. Get a guy in there that knows the NBA!
if you want to win now - then get some better players. The Cavs should have kept Wiggins. By now he would be ready to contribute and will a fantastic player by next year contributing while Love will be sitting on the bench injured again.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to win now - then get some better players. The Cavs should have kept Wiggins. By now he would be ready to contribute and will a fantastic player by next year contributing while Love will be sitting on the bench injured again.
Hindsight 20/20 lol

Love had a freak injury although I hope his back gets better

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight 20/20 lol

Love had a freak injury although I hope his back gets better
Love spent an entire season on the dl list - I remember this because I had him on my fantasy team and got burned by him - HE IS INJURY PRONE. Wiggins will be old and retired before that dude is able to play

Word

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love spent an entire season on the dl list - I remember this because I had him on my fantasy team and got burned by him - HE IS INJURY PRONE. Wiggins will be old and retired before that dude is able to play

Word
U just mad cause I live in Phx :)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I care where you live? Arizona is a very nice state to live in even though it's a bit hot. I will take what we have in California for politicians over McCain though:lol:
U want Sheriff Joe, dont lie!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes no one is disputing that. I question his experience which we don't have the time to test out and grow right now. He should have sat on a bench as the assistant for 2-3 years before ever being considered for the HC job.
He had LBJ and a bunch of midgets. Winning 2 games against Golden State was impressive considering the circumstances.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe take a chance on Marion, Miller, and Perkins???
I mean they do have 6 combined Finals series experience and can still play a little bit.

The coaching disparity was evident and got worse as the series prolonged.

Kerr was not so obstinant to bury seldom used David Lee forever when it was apparent change was needed.
Kerr trusted lesser guys like Speights and Barbosa with minutes as well.
Heck Kerr gambled with Festus Ezeli in games that were 1 possession games.

Guys like Smith, Jones, Deladova, Shumpert played like complete garbage for long stretches.
Yet Blatt stubbornly refused to play anyone else when energy was lagging and play was bad.

Yes, he had a limited roster for the Finals, but overall he got badly outcoached by being stubborn.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for LeBron James that I really hope he'll field someday.

A question that can be asked a variety of ways.

What kind of coach do you want?

Who out there is a coach you'd actually like to play for?

Who could ‎the Cleveland Cavaliers hire that you'd give some meaningful backing?

I don't have the answers to any of those queries. Cavs assistant coach Ty Lue is my best guess.

I know this much, though: LeBron James is too brilliant as a basketball player, too truly great, to behave the way he did toward David Blatt during the NBA Finals.

We literally saw peak LeBron and the corresponding LeBron nadir over those six gripping games with Golden State. He ‎had staffers from the 67-win Warriors almost quaking at night in fear of the havoc he was wreaking, such was his genius in controlling tempo and carrying a skeleton of a roster to a 2-1 lead that actually made you think the Cavs could win it all with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and his beloved Anderson Varejao all sidelined.

And we likewise saw LeBron emasculate Blatt in ways that are simply unbecoming of a player of James' legend-in-the-making stature.

I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine.

Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else.

Full article on espn.com

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the iso. Stop taking the shot clock down to 5 seconds then chucking up a brick.

During the first 3 games, the iso's and running out the clock was working. It also worked in the second quarter of game 6. Assuming the plan was Blatt's, it worked. Players started missing because they were tired and in unfamiliar territory as far as playing time.

It would be especially unfair to fire him considering all of the injuries. Not sure the Cavs
U want Sheriff Joe, dont lie!

Love me some Sheriff Joe. He'd be way better than who we've got in Riverside County.