• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE WAS ALL THIS LOVE AND RESPECT FOR SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN IN 2008 WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR POTUS?????

Am I the only person who remembers that in 2008 the press wrote 4 times more negative stories on McCain than it did on Obama and Obama received more than 2 times as many positive reviews as McCain received. It seems rather odd that President Trump is being lambasted by the press these days for speaking his mind on the subject of McCain and his bitterness over his failure on the national stage in both 2000 and 2008 when he ran with Palin for President. In 2008 McCain could not buy fair press coverage and was labeled a racist, war criminal and a corporate shill but today he is remembered fondly as a true American hero and nothing else.

What is funny is that I never was much of a McCain fan but I voted for him in 2008. The main stream press never voted for McCain but today hail him as a wonderful fair and balanced politico who healed all ills.

The fact remains that McCain endorsed all the agenda items that Trump campaigned upon but once Trump was elected the bitter McCain reversed field and voted against all Trump campaign promise efforts.

Trump needs not fight with McCain's family but remember who started this BS in the first place. Meghan McCain has to speak up and be loyal to her father. I don't and won't!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Claims to care about truth and strong reliable sourcing*

*Doesn't provide sources*

*Shares James O'Keefe videos*

Delusional.
Yeah who cares what’s said on tape right?

I have provided sources . You don’t post anything but emotion with no sources at all to boot.

Maybe you should fix yourself and hold yourself to the standard you hold me too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you still haven' t posted the source.
I fairly certain I did .but I won’t continue to chase my tail about it

The video is what it is

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trump Administration has made it pretty clear that the environment is not a priority, or even a concern really. Sure there is a random positive move he has made, such as the one posted previously, but most all of his moves have been with little regard, or in some instances blatant disregard, to the environmental impact.

As for the Feds they have done a fantastic job of cleaning our waters, making the air cleaner etc. I remember when the Potomac smelled like a sewer, it's so much cleaner now and the state of Maryland would not have been able to make that happen without federal funding and that's the case across the country. The EPA is responsible for huge improvements in our environment. A Look at EPA Accomplishments: 25 Years of Protecting Public Health and the Environment | About EPA | US EPA
How do you define a "fantastic" job? who was the last President to make the environment at priority? What are other options are you comparing these great strides to? IF none, then how can you define the effort as fantastic?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE WAS ALL THIS LOVE AND RESPECT FOR SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN IN 2008 WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FOR POTUS?????

Am I the only person who remembers that in 2008 the press wrote 4 times more negative stories on McCain than it did on Obama and Obama received more than 2 times as many positive reviews as McCain received. It seems rather odd that President Trump is being lambasted by the press these days for speaking his mind on the subject of McCain and his bitterness over his failure on the national stage in both 2000 and 2008 when he ran with Palin for President. In 2008 McCain could not buy fair press coverage and was labeled a racist, war criminal and a corporate shill but today he is remembered fondly as a true American hero and nothing else.

What is funny is that I never was much of a McCain fan but I voted for him in 2008. The main stream press never voted for McCain but today hail him as a wonderful fair and balanced politico who healed all ills.

The fact remains that McCain endorsed all the agenda items that Trump campaigned upon but once Trump was elected the bitter McCain reversed field and voted against all Trump campaign promise efforts.

Trump needs not fight with McCain's family but remember who started this BS in the first place. Meghan McCain has to speak up and be loyal to her father. I don't and won't!
The fact is McCain is dead and any President with any class would let the dead lie in peace. These are the actions not of a leader, but of a petulant child. This is why I can no longer support Trump for re-election. Until then, he is my President, unfortunately.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another GOP move where the will of the people only matters when its the people they like

Florida GOP pushes ugly scheme to stop black people from voting

Florida Republicans are doing all they can to keep more black people in their state from voting.

In the 2018 election, Florida voters overwhelmingly passed a measure that restored voting rights to people convicted of felonies after they have served their time. It was a huge win for racial justice; because black people are arrested and jailed at a disproportionate rate, keeping former felons from voting also meant keeping nearly 20 percent of African Americans in Florida from voting.

The new law restores voting rights for nearly 1.5 million people in Florida, 418,000 of whom are black.

But now Republicans in the state legislature are attempting to trample on those rights, with a proposal that would force Americans who have served their sentences to pay back all court fines and fees before they can register to vote.

And for the record, while the article points out how Black voters will be directly impacted. To me its more about the GOP doing whatever they can to prevent people who might vote against them from voting at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing to see here ? look at the drone freezing these people . Notice the cameras blocking their way . Look how they are wrestled to the ground with technology . All liberal buzz words for “ dont do nothing we want open borders “

The cold hard truth that even Ex vets like shark and sty should easily know is border security entails several layers. Barriers , boots on the ground , technology and enforcing laws on the books as well as making new ones ( e verify ) . Take anyone of those things away and security fails

And to civilians who know nothing about security , read and learn

This is the baffling thing about the pro wall folks, their inability to see the flaws in their argument as outlined by you. Please take note of the use of sarcasm to make one point and fact to contradict the original point.

While you're correct in sarcastically making the point about drones, cameras and technology, you could also note that walls weren't chasing people back to their homes either. So much for fantasy huh?

Now, there's a reason why people are against building a wall and that because there are already walls built where they are useful, fencing where its useful and natural barriers. Why build what's already there? After all, the layer that improves effectiveness of the "boots on the ground" isn't what's already there, but what can be added to help the men and women making the ACTUAL stops. To be clear, that's not a wall, but those things that we aren't currently employing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restoring the Great Lakes | US EPA

Here is what is being done now , and I find it funny that DGF failed to even mention Canada in this latest attack .

Nope only the US federal govt can do it .

Hell the US pays for pollution clean up all over the world but DGF gets offended when I bring up China .

And god forbid asking private big business to clean things up . It has to be Trump and the federal govt

Canada’s action on climate change - Canada.ca
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the baffling thing about the pro wall folks, their inability to see the flaws in their argument as outlined by you. Please take note of the use of sarcasm to make one point and fact to contradict the original point.

While you're correct in sarcastically making the point about drones, cameras and technology, you could also note that walls weren't chasing people back to their homes either. So much for fantasy huh?

Now, there's a reason why people are against building a wall and that because there are already walls built where they are useful, fencing where its useful and natural barriers. Why build what's already there? After all, the layer that improves effectiveness of the "boots on the ground" isn't what's already there, but what can be added to help the men and women making the ACTUAL stops. To be clear, that's not a wall, but those things that we aren't currently employing.

Quiet as its kept, the whole point is to build the wall. Put the boots on top of the wall and shoot to kill anyone who approaches said wall.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you miss the whole thing shark . i could care less about ones race . what i care about is taking care of americans first , and having an immigration system that works and keeps us safe

i want people here who obey our laws and love america . i dont want immigrants voting and canceling out the will of americans . . i want people to assimilate, and i am tired of some leftist americans who do nothing but hate on the country

Dammit Dad, you were doing so well in this post, until the last line. Any chance that we can add something like these to our emoticons?

th
upload_2019-3-20_23-52-23.jpeg upload_2019-3-20_23-54-35.jpeg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany says it will abandon its NATO spending commitments | Daily Mail Online

So the Germans pretend that they’ll pay their agreed upon share so we protect them from the the Russians who they pay billions to in gas deals and then want to reneg while we still protect them from the Russians. Ok, got it, makes sense? With friends like these who needs enemies.

We should simply pull out of NATO . Take any bets they would come to our aid ?

WWI and WWII were in fact reasons why we pay for the defense of other nations. Simply put, we trust our defense, not their intentions when they build their own. Farkin' history huh?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hillary Clinton had won two percentage points more of the vote in MI, PA, WI, NC, and FL, would we still be hearing calls to abolish the Electoral College?

Probably, it's way past time to do this!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we're going to be honest, McCain as a prez candidate was essentially the male version of Hilliary. Bland, boring and quite frankly not a very good candidate. BTW: I'm not comparing the two based on their historical deeds and misdeeds, just as presidential candidates.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we're going to be honest, McCain as a prez candidate was essentially the male version of Hillary. Bland, boring and quite frankly not a very good candidate. BTW: I'm not comparing the two based on their historical deeds and misdeeds, just as presidential candidates.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another GOP move where the will of the people only matters when its the people they like

Florida GOP pushes ugly scheme to stop black people from voting

Florida Republicans are doing all they can to keep more black people in their state from voting.

In the 2018 election, Florida voters overwhelmingly passed a measure that restored voting rights to people convicted of felonies after they have served their time. It was a huge win for racial justice; because black people are arrested and jailed at a disproportionate rate, keeping former felons from voting also meant keeping nearly 20 percent of African Americans in Florida from voting.

The new law restores voting rights for nearly 1.5 million people in Florida, 418,000 of whom are black.

But now Republicans in the state legislature are attempting to trample on those rights, with a proposal that would force Americans who have served their sentences to pay back all court fines and fees before they can register to vote.

And for the record, while the article points out how Black voters will be directly impacted. To me its more about the GOP doing whatever they can to prevent people who might vote against them from voting at all.
Foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.