• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... just pointing out the hypocrisy of what is and is not considered a crisis by some people. I personally dont consider the border the crisis you apparently do.
Do you live in a border state, and more specifically, a border town?

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, to be absolutely clear on the intent of any and all posts.

It's interesting how something as innocent as "I'm for destroying Michigan" can be seen as a serious threat, worthy of investigation, when there's an incident in that state or any other simply because the intent wasn't made clear from the beginning.
Sorry, I read that three times and don't understand what you're saying.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not both? A wall, and more people, camera, guns, etc.

Remember that part where I stated that there are professionals who insist that there are better ways to secure the border? Well you upgrade where necessary and don't waste where it's not necessary.

I've often stated that I am probably the most economically conservative poster on this site. Not wasting money is the most conservative thing one can be in that regard.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Nope... just pointing out the hypocrisy of what is and is not considered a crisis by some people. I personally dont consider the border the crisis you apparently do.
I have put up numbers that show otherwise from violent crimes to ID theft , to voter fraud to drug importation . To have a view that this is a serious issue doesn’t preclude that gun violence isn’t serious either . Hypocrisy doesn’t apply it’s just a deflection from the issue at hand , border security . Now if you want to talk about guns then we can have that conversation . I have plenty of ideas

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go, the moment has passed!
No.

You made a threat, and tried to mask it as a friendly suggestion. I will say what I want within the frames of the board rules. You're not a mod to imply consequence, hence what you were doing was threatening retribution of a different kind.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that part where I stated that there are professionals who insist that there are better ways to secure the border? Well you upgrade where necessary and don't waste where it's not necessary.

I've often stated that I am probably the most economically conservative poster on this site. Not wasting money is the most conservative thing one can be in that regard.
Insofar as saying there are BETTER ways than a wall to secure the border, I concur. But a wall does work and 50% of the people WANT it, so, it needs to happen, AS WELL as other methods/ways to secure the border.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I have put up numbers that show otherwise from violent crimes to ID theft , to voter fraud to drug importation . To have a view that this is a serious issue doesn’t preclude that gun violence isn’t serious either . Hypocrisy doesn’t apply it’s just a deflection from the issue at hand , border security . Now if you want to talk about guns then we can have that conversation . I have plenty of ideas

And as i have stated, we fundamentally disagree on WHY people want to secure the border. And on what the real intent of the wall is. I have stated, that as the we need to stop people just because wasnt working, things like Drugs human trafficking, ID theft and the like have been tacked on to try and strengthen the initial intent. To prevent change.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then, your opinion shouldn't matter as much as someone who does, right? people that live there want a wall.

Some do, some dont. If the majority of Texans wanted a wall, I get the feeling we wouldnt need the federal government involved to get it done. Same for the other border states. INstead you have people stating they wont give up their land for a wall. SO I guess those people dont want a wall

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

You made a threat, and tried to mask it as a friendly suggestion. I will say what I want within the frames of the board rules. You're not a mod to imply consequence, hence what you were doing was threatening retribution of a different kind.

OK, debate with yourself, you made a threat whether you realize it or not. This is the response of someone who either can't see beyond his own nonsense or simply doesn't know what a "word to the wise" means in a world where social media is constantly being monitored for threats intended or otherwise.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some do, some dont. If the majority of Texans wanted a wall, I get the feeling we wouldnt need the federal government involved to get it done. Same for the other border states. INstead you have people stating they wont give up their land for a wall. SO I guess those people dont want a wall
Which is why I suggest a mine field. No wall on the land, cheaper, you could see where it was most effective, and it'd be one hell of a deterrent.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, debate with yourself, you made the threat whether you realize it or not. This is the response of someone who either can't see beyond his own nonsense or simply doesn't know what a "word to the wise" means in a world where social media is constantly being monitored for threats intended or otherwise.
How is "destroy Michigan" a threat? It's a statement. One obviously meant not to be taken seriously. A joke. The only way it'd be seen as a threat is if I, somehow, had the power or authority to actually, y'know, destroy it? Which I don't.

I'm not new to the internet, thanks. I'm aware the net is monitored by organizations like the FBI for GENUINE threats ....which, again I never made one...I also know social activists, SJWs, etc, are more than ready to try and punish via doxxing those who offend then. Methinks your little comment fell closer to the latter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I suggest a mine field. No wall on the land, cheaper, you could see where it was most effective, and it'd be one hell of a deterrent.

So basically those you cant control, or dont find particularly worthy, you are willing to kill in order to maintain control?? This is your bottom line??

Mind you I am asking for clarification on this stance.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62% don't want it, It doesn't work, where the hell are you getting your information? Fuck it, read this!

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall
www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/24/most-americans
Sorry but polling data is intentionally skewed and misreported to push a narrative. I know you will find it frustrating (I do too, as it becomes harder to genuinely discuss issues) but chances are any cited poll you provide will be highly debatable/suspect, and the reporting on it even moreso.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically those you cant control, or dont find particularly worthy, you are willing to kill in order to maintain control?? This is your bottom line??

Mind you I am asking for clarification on this stance.
Who said anything about killing anyone? Mines are only dangerous if stepped on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about killing anyone? Mines are only dangerous if stepped on.

Anytime I have seen a mine field laid, or claymores deployed, the express intent was to deter or kill an enemy. But usually to kill.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is "destroy Michigan" a threat? It's a statement. One obviously meant not to be taken seriously. A joke. The only way it'd be seen as a threat is if I, somehow, had the power or authority to actually, y'know, destroy it? Which I don't.

I'm not new to the internet, thanks. I'm aware the net is monitored by organizations like the FBI for GENUINE threats ....which, again I never made one...I also know social activists, SJWs, etc, are more than ready to try and punish via doxxing those who offend then. Methinks your little comment fell closer to the latter.

Clearly it wasn't as "obvious" as you claim. Crazy people do things all of the time, so in answer to your question, if there's some event in Michigan that requires federal investigation, it would not surprise me to find out that someone who posted their "obviously" humorless threat of destroying Michigan, on a list of people that needs to be checked out. I'm not sure what world you're living in, but I assure you in the post 9-11 world everything is checked out. You're attempting to make this out to be bigger than what it is and worse personal. It's a fools errand to go personal and not worthy of more debate when the original response was to make clear your intent. I'm done with you, now either play nice or don't, your call!

Status
Not open for further replies.