• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Politics thread gone

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok people , i wrote these rules in 2003 with the help of some administrators

these rules have kept the ESPN stuff and stuff from other boards off this board

we dont have every thread ruined by trolls

its been a board that everyone can use and talk about redskins football and football

i didnt have to allow politics on this board , but i decided to be democratic and try it

for awhile it was working but then slowly the insults started coming in and charges people were racist

now some people (the offenders ) think its ok to call each other racist but that in fact suppresses
the free thought you say you want

i have banned people for insulting and in fact some of you didnt like it when i started insulting (rightfully so) and i then posted a thread apologizing for my part in it and i then said i would enforce those rules hard with no objections

now either i am the damn moderator or i am not the damn moderator and what i say goes period . you cant please everyone but i am not going to justify anything especially when i told you several times what would happen

instead i got arguments and challenges . one challenge in particular sent me over the edge and that is normally the thing that gets me to ban someone .

now i have someone who is in the slot to be banned . keep poking at me and i will follow through

i have also found another tool that i am using and that is me approving your posts . basically it means no one can see your post until i decide its cool . and believe me i am in no hurry to draw my attention to it so it could be weeks before i approve it . so if you have questions about how i wrote the rules and why i am enforcing it or want to play some game with me feel free to do so but my patience is growing thin and i am not tolerating people disrespecting me which really pisses me off

and the people who have pissed me off and disrespected me know who they are . i am not going to change the way i do business

i will tell you this , your levels of disrespect will determine whether i let the thread back and give you all a second chance . so far it doesnt look good

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad has been a good mod. Most of us that were around in the ESPN days are glad the board isn't like that. This is a football forum.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad has been a good mod. Most of us that were around in the ESPN days are glad the board isn't like that. This is a football forum.
amen to that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banning is always a last resort . Show me you can be respectful and not name call and I might reconsider . So far I am not seeing what I need to see

My suggestion would be go to the political forum.

This is s skins football forum

Getting upset because you lack discipline to be civil isn’t on me

You all knew the conditions coming in , I gave you chances , you ignored them , what did you expect ?

Sorry because I liked talking there and posted there often

But the false accusations and the constant 2nd guessing. And the disrespect shown by some people here have resulted in my action to remove it and I won’t change my choice until it stops

It was against my better judgement to allow it in the first place and all that has happened confirms it