• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of those guys for Jagr? Umm yeah Id do that in a heartbeat.

Good thing this guy doesnt run the Avs though. 2 of those guys are pretty big reasons that team is in the position they are right now.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This article really screams credibility. Lol. You would have a hard time getting Ryan O'Reilly for Adam Larsson, let alone a 40+ y/o rental. However, if they were offered, I would definitely take it.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The writer probably got fired by now.
This trade works if you can subtract 15 years from Jagr's age.

However, I see Cups point. Its time to start fielding offers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article but found no offer..... not even a guess who to send for Jagr...

and I doubt we get anything we like/want...

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This isn't even a rumor. It's somebody writing a fan blog. I could say we're trading Jagr for Crosby, Malkin and Letang and it would have just as much validity as that. Regardless, unless we're within 3-4 points of a playoff spot at the break, lou's going to need to move some guys like Zids, Jagr, Fayne, Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read the article but found no offer..... not even a guess who to send for Jagr...

and I doubt we get anything we like/want...

Last paragraph. We know this will never happen.

Paul Stastny, P.A. Parenteau, Ryan O'Reilly - I don't want to say a single one of them is expendable. To get Jaromir Jagr, though? Send all three, even though just one of their salaries would cover Jagr's.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a good fit for him would be pitt. i doubt the devils deal him to a division rival though.

i think a playoff bound team would pay more. but the return would be less.

a fringe playoff team would offer less but possibility of being a better value because if they dont make it

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a good fit for him would be pitt. i doubt the devils deal him to a division rival though.

i think a playoff bound team would pay more. but the return would be less.

a fringe playoff team would offer less but possibility of being a better value because if they dont make it

I think a team looking for offense would make the most sense for him. Of course he can prob fit in anywhere. LA could use some scoring on the wing. We'll see.

Current Playoff Teams with weak offenses:
Detroit
Montreal
Minnesota
Los Angeles
Vancouver

Teams Looking to make it w/ weak offenses:
Carolina
Nashville

Some of those teams might be really desperate to get some O help, and might be willing to part with a 1st.

Anaheim is the only team with 2 1st round picks ATM. However, one is 7th ATM (From Ott, Bobby Ryan trade). The other is 30th. Kind of hoping to get something in the teens for Jagr. Maybe their own 30th for Zids. We'll see.

We better hope that we win both games this weekend, OR everyone comes back from the Olympics healthy and ready to go.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats why i think you target a fringe playoff team looking to have jagr put them over the top. team like the canes would love to get back into the playoffs even if its just a 1st round ko. target someone like that and then lets root for them to not make it.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats why i think you target a fringe playoff team looking to have jagr put them over the top. team like the canes would love to get back into the playoffs even if its just a 1st round ko. target someone like that and then lets root for them to not make it.

I agree, a team like Car fighting for the 16th spot could have a 1st Rnd Pick go from 15th overall to 5th overall over a span of three games.

Not to mention ANY non playoff team can win the lottery now.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree, a team like Car fighting for the 16th spot could have a 1st Rnd Pick go from 15th overall to 5th overall over a span of three games.

Not to mention ANY non playoff team can win the lottery now.

exactly and i think the nhl might "owe" the devils the #1 pick if they do get into the 1st round this year. winkwink