• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been in a WCO.

What will his excuse be next year? It was only his first year in a WCO, first year in Doug Pederson's epic QB friendly offense.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's facts. He was very good his rookie year and third year. He was injured the rest. He played very well for a team that quit last year. You can call them excuses if it makes you feel better.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point isn't that he's worse than Jensen it's that doing what he did in college is in no way special. When you play against shit competition you should dominate and he didn't. He throws for 200 yards and the team wins around him.

Not sure where you're going in the end there. These factors are all in addition to the negatives he shows on tape- sloppy footwork and late throws.
We'll save you a seat on the Wentz band wagon when you eventually join, but it'll be the one on the hump.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked about getting Wentz ... I've listened as much as possible to Mayock and Jeremiah's evaluations of him and I don't hear these concerns about footwork being anything significant; Jeremiah actually praises his "crisp" footwork when dropping back from Center. The kid's the prototype QB you want not just physically with an excellent arm, release, size, strength and mobility ... but squeaky clean off the field, drive to constantly improve in the film room and very high football IQ. He's also very confident in his abilities yet doesn't come off as cocky at all. Anything's possible, but once this kid adjusts to the speed of the game I think the sky's the limit. I think he's coming into a great situation with the Eagles where he can sit back and learn year one as opposed to being thrown right into the fire like Goff will be with the Rams.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stoked about getting Wentz ... I've listened as much as possible to Mayock and Jeremiah's evaluations of him and I don't hear these concerns about footwork being anything significant; Jeremiah actually praises his "crisp" footwork when dropping back from Center. The kid's the prototype QB you want not just physically with an excellent arm, release, size, strength and mobility ... but squeaky clean off the field, drive to constantly improve in the film room and very high football IQ. He's also very confident in his abilities yet doesn't come off as cocky at all. Anything's possible, but once this kid adjusts to the speed of the game I think the sky's the limit. I think he's coming into a great situation with the Eagles where he can sit back and learn year one as opposed to being thrown right into the fire like Goff will be with the Rams.

AMEN!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has the luxury of sitting back and learning behind veteran QBs, especially nice when you have Chase Daniels who is like another coach on the field and he already knows the offense. He will also have Pederson, Reich and DeFilippo as coaches -- that's a rare and blessed situation to be in. You take a kid with all the physical tools, combine that with his work ethic/character, intelligence and all the intangibles you look for in a QB -- there will be plenty of room on the Wentz bandwagon in the near future.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell and Mayock drool over the top two every year. Ask them how Lynch went from the top of the first to the bottom and Wentz went from second round to top pick since they stopped playing.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosell and Mayock drool over the top two every year. Ask them how Lynch went from the top of the first to the bottom and Wentz went from second round to top pick since they stopped playing.

I'll call them immediately.

On a more serious note, player evaluations are a long process and change during the course of the off-season. There's a ton of prospects and these guys have to watch a ton of game film on all of them. That requires time. Adjustments will have to be made in your evaluations.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the clip I posted from BGN Rey? I can't remember which thread I posted, but I love what Mayock was saying about this guy from the Mid-west. I like a lot of what Mayock says.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the clip I posted from BGN Rey? I can't remember which thread I posted, but I love what Mayock was saying about this guy from the Mid-west. I like a lot of what Mayock says.

Found and read it ... thanks