• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between a true Franchise QB and a guy like Sam Bradford is that with Sam you need a lot of other pieces to play at a high level to be a realistic contender. If the D plays much better under Schwartz and Jason Peters gets back to his old self under the more traditional system ... I think Sam can lead us to the playoffs and maybe even win a game. A Franchise type keeps you in contention year in and year out even when all things don't go as planned ... that's what the Eagles are hoping Wentz becomes. The Birds want to be in the thick of the playoffs year in and year out ... they obviously don't see Bradford as a guy they can trust to do that, so they are getting a guy they hope can.

Last edited:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, like the one that produced Gannon, Favre, Montana, Rodgers and a bunch of others.

It's not one sided. The offense didn't produce elite QBs, just like the QBs wouldn't have been able to maximize their potential without an offense suited to their strengths. When you have a great QB and a great coach, you get great results.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is really Sam's first chance to show his worth. After his ROY first year he was hurt twice and stuck in a shitty O. He's a genuine #1 pick with talent. You guys that are sold on Wentz but view Bradford as junk are hilarious.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is really Sam's first chance to show his worth. After his ROY first year he was hurt twice and stuck in a shitty O. He's a genuine #1 pick with talent. You guys that are sold on Wentz but view Bradford as junk are hilarious.

Look, I've said this for the last few years. I was a huge Sam Bradford fan at Oklahoma. I thought the Rams would finally get a franchise QB. I've made the same excuses for him in past years regarding injury issues, crappy offensive coordinators, no weapons to throw to, poor o-line, etc. It is all valid. Sam Bradford had a really rough go at it in his NFL career. Not all his fault, but you have to face adversity much better than he has shown. I've watched a lot of Sam Bradford in 2013 and 2015. You can't just hang your hat on his excuses, look at his poor plays as well. Sure he has flashes here and there, but at other times the dude is completely lost, his accuracy gets inconsistent, he misses wide open reads, he gets shaky in the pocket, he's proven to be injury prone. I don't think the guy is junk. I think he's an average to a below average NFL starting QB with injury concerns. I don't believe he's the guy to take us where we all want to go. I want to be a serious contender. I'm over being around 7-9 to 10-6 and being middle of the pack, and draft, and maybe getting into the playoffs and winning a game before probably get knocked out by the real teams like the Panthers, Seahawks, Cardinals, or even the Packers. Guess what, they all have stud QBs too.

Sure their is risk in taking a QB high, but if the reward is to become a serious contender I'm all in. It helps when Wentz is one of my favorite prospects, but I understand people not wanting him because their evaluation says he won't become a franchise QB….but at the end of the day let's stop pretending Sam Bradford is going to all of a sudden become a stud and take us deep into the playoffs.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view Bradford as junk ... I think he can be a steady QB whom I would have been ok with as long as we were able to build a strong team around him. I don't see Sam ever being a playmaker though ... a QB who can stretch out plays and make something out of nothing. He's going to make some plays, but if the play called breaks down or isn't there you won't see an Aaron Rodgers / Ben Roethlisberger / Cam Newton type play out of nowhere. You probably get a sack or a throw away. To me Sam just doesn't have the "it" factor you see in Franchise type guys ... maybe that changes this year since he seems to be pissed off?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was more seriously hurt more recently than Bradford. Wentz is injury prone, considering he was also hurt his junior year in high school which is one of the reasons he ended up at lil ole North Dakota State playing against high school level talent. He only played 23 games in college and only like 33 games overall since 2009.

Brock Jensen, starting quarterback for the Ottawa Redblacks, won 3 championships at NDSU. Wentz won 2.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By week ten Bradford will be like a number 1 pick if he stays here. Wentz will be firmly carrying a clipboard.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't dislike Wentz. I have no clue how he's going to do. I just know with Bradford and the picks we could win. Wentz has a tremendous work ethic and seems to have the tools. He also has a huge test moving up to NFL speed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't dislike Wentz. I have no clue how he's going to do. I just know with Bradford and the picks we could win. Wentz has a tremendous work ethic and seems to have the tools. He also has a huge test moving up to NFL speed.
Way too big question marks with Wentz to like him at #2. Some people want to bring up McNair, but McNair had 3 times as many passing yards as Wentz at that level.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bradford does fantastic and makes the Eagles regret taking Wentz ... it would be a great problem to have. Just in case it doesn't happen though, the Birds have their plan 1a ready to go in 2017. They have put themselves in a great spot at QB which you need to have to win in this league.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too big question marks with Wentz to like him at #2. Some people want to bring up McNair, but McNair had 3 times as many passing yards as Wentz at that level.

They didn't need Wentz to pass for a ton of yards ... it was a balanced pro system. Most of these prospects with big passing #'s have them due to these gimmick college offenses where they don't even need to read a D.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By week ten Bradford will be like a number 1 pick if he stays here. Wentz will be firmly carrying a clipboard.

Hope so. And then we'll get a 1st round pick for him next year.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bradford does fantastic and makes the Eagles regret taking Wentz ... it would be a great problem to have. Just in case it doesn't happen though, the Birds have their plan 1a ready to go in 2017. They have put themselves in a great spot at QB which you need to have to win in this league.

I agree 100%, best case scenario is Bradford plays well this year gets his trade value to a point where we could get say multiple picks for him like the Alex Smith trade in KC. I think no matter what in 2017 Wentz or Goff will be the starter for the Eagles.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he's ever shown anyone at this level was junk <shrug>

But THIS time it'll be different.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't dislike Wentz. I have no clue how he's going to do. I just know with Bradford and the picks we could win.
Yep we'd win 6 to 8 games the next 5 years.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was more seriously hurt more recently than Bradford. Wentz is injury prone, considering he was also hurt his junior year in high school which is one of the reasons he ended up at lil ole North Dakota State playing against high school level talent. He only played 23 games in college and only like 33 games overall since 2009.

Brock Jensen, starting quarterback for the Ottawa Redblacks, won 3 championships at NDSU. Wentz won 2.

Good points as things to consider, but definitely not worth writing him off.. All those things you can say about different QB's. And no offense but Wentz broke his wrist last year, and looks fine since, and his thumb his junior year in high school on defense as a 170 lb linebacker/safety.

Not going to argue that is more of a red flag than 3 injuries to the SAME throwing shoulder and 2 ACL tears to the SAME knee. And only is most recent as long as concussions aren't serious.

And that's fine that his team didn't win as much as someone else's. Brady couldn't win as much as Brian Griese in college, Peyton couldn't win like Tee Martin, Carson Palmer couldn't win anywhere near like Leinart. I'll take the more skilled QB over the one with a ring more often than not. But 2-0 Wentz over Romo if that's what you are looking for.

It takes good scouting, because things like "hey Flacco only played 26 games at friggin Delaware, only went 16-10 there after he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and lost the national title to QB Armanti Edwards, who can only be a CFL Wide receiver, unlike Delaware Champion QB Andy Hall" isn't enough.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points as things to consider, but definitely not worth writing him off.. All those things you can say about different QB's. And no offense but Wentz broke his wrist last year, and looks fine since, and his thumb his junior year in high school on defense as a 170 lb linebacker/safety.

Not going to argue that is more of a red flag than 3 injuries to the SAME throwing shoulder and 2 ACL tears to the SAME knee. And only is most recent as long as concussions aren't serious.

And that's fine that his team didn't win as much as someone else's. Brady couldn't win as much as Brian Griese in college, Peyton couldn't win like Tee Martin, Carson Palmer couldn't win anywhere near like Leinart. I'll take the more skilled QB over the one with a ring more often than not. But 2-0 Wentz over Romo if that's what you are looking for.

It takes good scouting, because things like "hey Flacco only played 26 games at friggin Delaware, only went 16-10 there after he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and lost the national title to QB Armanti Edwards, who can only be a CFL Wide receiver, unlike Delaware Champion QB Andy Hall" isn't enough.
The point isn't that he's worse than Jensen it's that doing what he did in college is in no way special. When you play against shit competition you should dominate and he didn't. He throws for 200 yards and the team wins around him.

Not sure where you're going in the end there. These factors are all in addition to the negatives he shows on tape- sloppy footwork and late throws.