• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade or not, he's not in a QB battle here this year. He's the guy. That's not a guarantee anywhere else.

He could start on better teams for more proven offensive play callers in Denver or New York.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Bradford camp has already leaked out that he's going to request a trade.

Hopefully it lights a fire under his ass enough that he turns in a good season, then we can move him next off-season for a high draft pick.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still does not answer the question. You suggested that the Eagles are going to take Tunsil. To me that makes no sense. My rebuttal there is no way that anyone would make a trade of that magnitude to draft an offensive lineman. I understand your point about having good bookend tackles but that does not support your argument of why the Eagles would trade so much just to draft a lineman.

I did throw this out there yesterday as a theoretical possibility, with what Howie has already done to this point ANYTHING is possible.

With that being said, I just can't see how you give up as much as they did for anything other than a QB, regardless of if he justifies the draft slot or not.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Flacco spent some time at a real Div 1 football school first. Also a little faster is different than a lot faster. If he's used to being able to make slow reads then he's already that far behind Goff and has that much more to unlearn first. He never looks like he's dominating that level either, he's basically just the starting QB on the best team in the league. Which is a pretty easy job.

Flacco just held a clip board at Pitt ... he wasn't behind Center aside from practice there, his experience came from Delaware ... Steve McNair from Alcorn State was another example. I also don't think Wentz makes slow reads either, sometimes people take other people's opinions as fact. If you listen to his coaches they paint a different picture ... the kid calls out all the protections on every snap and had the freedom to audible on any play in a pro-style Offense. In the film room he was like another coach which you can clearly see in his white board time with Mooch.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really stop and think about it it makes no sense for the Eagles to keep Bradford now. He has value right now to trade him. If he would blow out his knee in week 2 he will retire and he's worth nothing. If they Really plan on sitting Wentz for a year Chase Daniel can do the same thing. Not to mention all the drama it's going to cause you can avoid.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunsil is that much better than the rest? I dunno, but I never said they would. Just being hopeful. Picking the wrong QB destroys franchises and many do not recover. People want to point to the Redskins but they took 2 QBs and hit on one.

I see your point. If you want the Eagles to take Tunsil nothing wrong with that. He is the top rated tackle in the draft. However there is no way you trade that much to take a lineman. That just is not done. Orlando Pace seems to be the exception but in 97 he was the top rated player in the draft most boards IIRC and the Rams did not give up near what we did.

As far as the Redskins are concerned they mortgaged the franchise for RGIII and utterly failed. They got lucky with Kirk Cousins as he was drafted in the 4th round. I can assure you the Skins did not plan on getting their franchise QB in the 4th round.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really stop and think about it it makes no sense for the Eagles to keep Bradford now. He has value right now to trade him. If he would blow out his knee in week 2 he will retire and he's worth nothing. If they Really plan on sitting Wentz for a year Chase Daniel can do the same thing. Not to mention all the drama it's going to cause you can avoid.

Bradford to the Broncos probably makes them Superbowl favorites.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it lights a fire under his ass enough that he turns in a good season, then we can move him next off-season for a high draft pick.

That's eaiser said then done. How often do you see a team trade a QB after a good season to start an unknown?

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's eaiser said then done. How often do you see a team trade a QB after a good season to start an unknown?

Not often, but the Eagles didn't make this move to have Wentz sit on the bench beyond 1 year either. Bradford remains an asset they can flip at some point, even better for us if he has a decent season. Bradford would have to be astronomically good for them to keep Wentz on the bench in '17, odds are that ain't happening.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really stop and think about it it makes no sense for the Eagles to keep Bradford now.

It actually makes sense because the division sucks and if Bradford plays like a franchise QB we can make the playoffs. Daniels is NOT leading this team to the playoffs. And we have no first rounder next year so not playing for draft position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco just held a clip board at Pitt ... he wasn't behind Center aside from practice there, his experience came from Delaware ... Steve McNair from Alcorn State was another example. I also don't think Wentz makes slow reads either, sometimes people take other people's opinions as fact. If you listen to his coaches they paint a different picture ... the kid calls out all the protections on every snap and had the freedom to audible on any play in a pro-style Offense. In the film room he was like another coach which you can clearly see in his white board time with Mooch.

All that does is make each play easier overall for him. It may indicate he is ready pre-snap for the pro game, but it just creates more questions about his post-snap abilities when he's utilizing pro concepts to gain an advantage against inferior competition.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. If you want the Eagles to take Tunsil nothing wrong with that. He is the top rated tackle in the draft. However there is no way you trade that much to take a lineman. That just is not done. Orlando Pace seems to be the exception but in 97 he was the top rated player in the draft most boards IIRC and the Rams did not give up near what we did.

As far as the Redskins are concerned they mortgaged the franchise for RGIII and utterly failed. They got lucky with Kirk Cousins as he was drafted in the 4th round. I can assure you the Skins did not plan on getting their franchise QB in the 4th round.

No, but they did end up with a QB that helped them win the division last year. No Cousins, no playoffs. So if we miss on "our Griffin" we are way more fucked than them. That was the point. Teams get absolutely fucked when they miss on QBs. Look at the Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Bills. They're all on different coaches than when they missed on a QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually makes sense because the division sucks and if Bradford plays like a franchise QB we can make the playoffs. Daniels is NOT leading this team to the playoffs. And we have no first rounder next year so not playing for draft position.

What would be wonderful is if we're the worst team in the league and the Browns get the #1QB to pair with Elliott and now we're looking up at the freaking Cleveland Browns.:doh:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be wonderful is if we're the worst team in the league and the Browns get the #1QB to pair with Elliott and now we're looking up at the freaking Cleveland Browns.:doh:

You do realize you are talking about the CLEVELAND Browns right? Haven't they been picking top 5 for about 100 years now?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you are talking about the CLEVELAND Browns right? Haven't they been picking top 5 for about 100 years now?

Until that day that the Eagles helped end their struggles.

First we didn't hire Hue, then we handed them all our picks.

Aye yi yi

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but they did end up with a QB that helped them win the division last year. No Cousins, no playoffs. So if we miss on "our Griffin" we are way more fucked than them. That was the point. Teams get absolutely fucked when they miss on QBs. Look at the Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Bills. They're all on different coaches than when they missed on a QB.

Drafting a QB is a crapshoot to be honest. Most QB's taken in the first round do not live up to expectations. However teams have to keep taking shots until they get it right.

Here are the QB's taken in the first round since 2000 - a total of 41. I bolded those that IMO met expectations which is subjective to opinions.

Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Manuel, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Bradford, Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Ryan, Flacco, Russell, Quinn, Young, Leinert, Cutler, Smith, Rodgers, Campbell, Manning, Rivers, Roethlesberger, Losman, Palmer, Leftwich, Carr, Harrington, Ramsey, Vick, Brees, Pennington