• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plays of the Game

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Game Winner (no need to explain)
2. Alex's Rushing TD
3. 12 Men in the Huddle (Would have run it if 3rd and 7? What if we were stuffed? OT?)
4. NO's first fumble. (Without that, we'd have trailed 7-0, force the issue)
5. Davis' first TD. (Set the early tone)
6. Crabtree's TD/Brees' first INT. (10-0 is MUCH different than 14-0)
?. _____ sack of Brees.
?. _____ Int of Brees.
?. _____'s fumble.
?. Stopping New Orleans from scoring after Smith's fumble.

Having trouble placing the defense and TOs, just for conversation, what do you guys think?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson's INT was big, but I guess you included that with the "first INT" part. That bullrush by Justin Smith where even though he didn't get a sack, he still drug Brees down and forced an incomplete... that play where he got up bleeding.

I guess it wasn't a game changing play, but I loved that hit by Brooks on the Saints RB where he cut to the right but ran into his own guy... and then Brooks did like a Ninja move sort of popping otu of the bushes and just drilled the RB... had Brooks realized that the guy didn't see him, that might have been a big fumble as he easily stripped it... because that Saints RB had no freaking clue he was there.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Game Winner (no need to explain)
2. Alex's Rushing TD
3. 12 Men in the Huddle (Would have run it if 3rd and 7? What if we were stuffed? OT?)
4. NO's first fumble. (Without that, we'd have trailed 7-0, force the issue)
5. Davis' first TD. (Set the early tone)
6. Crabtree's TD/Brees' first INT. (10-0 is MUCH different than 14-0)
?. _____ sack of Brees.
?. _____ Int of Brees.
?. _____'s fumble.
?. Stopping New Orleans from scoring after Smith's fumble.

Having trouble placing the defense and TOs, just for conversation, what do you guys think?

#4 for the reason you mentioned and that it took New Orleans' best RB out for the game. I'd add the defense's performance in the 3rd quarter where they finally got a pass rush.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
#4 should be #2 imo.

#4 kept the Saints from scoring what was looking like a surefire TD on that drive and it just set the tone for the entire game and it seemed like the Saint's offense wasn't the same after that hit.

Reminded me of that Chinese proverb "Kill 1 to warn 100"

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 should be #2 imo.

#4 kept the Saints from scoring what was looking like a surefire TD on that drive and it just set the tone for the entire game and it seemed like the Saint's offense wasn't the same after that hit.

Reminded me of that Chinese proverb "Kill 1 to warn 100"

If they scored, we would have said, "Deffered? You deffered to the Saints?"

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A single hit that prevented a touchdown, turned the ball over, and knocked one of their key players out of the game? Hard to say that's not the most important play of all.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you think of another 49ers game that had so many big plays by so many players when the team needed them the most?

• Whitner's vicious hit that caused the fumble at the goalline and set the tone for the 1st quarter domination
  • Gore recoving Smith's fumble after Harper hit him helmet-to-helmet
  • Aldon Smith getting the big sack on 3rd down to force a three and out
  • Smith hitting VD, and then VD breaking that weakass tackle attempt and turning itnto a 49 yard TD
  • Goldson's INT and taking it to the goalline
  • Crabtree catching the TD on 3rd down, when we were all thinking, oh shit... not a FG
  • Madeu Williams stripping the KR, and Costanzo recovering it
  • Terrell Brown intercepting Brees
  • Costanzo forcing a fumble on the Punt, Jones recovering it
  • Justin Smith's big sack, and big pressures that forced incomplete passes
  • Ahmad Brooks' sack and big hit on Ivory in the backfield
  • Soap constantly breaking through and forcing Sproles or Ivory to cut early and right into Willis or Bowman
  • Rogers with that PD that saved a TD
  • Gore busting out that 40 yard run when the offense was doing nothing
  • Staley out there getting the last block to free Smith for a TD run instead of just a 1st down
  • And of course, the big passes from Smith to Davis at the end, the sideline grab and the TD to win it

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can you think of another 49ers game that had so many big plays by so many players when the team needed them the most?

• Whitner's vicious hit that caused the fumble at the goalline and set the tone for the 1st quarter domination
  • Smith hitting VD, and then VD breaking that weakass tackle attempt and turning itnto a 49 yard TD
  • Crabtree catching the TD on 3rd down, when we were all thinking, oh shit... not a FG
  • Soap constantly breaking through and forcing Sproles or Ivory to cut early and right into Willis or Bowman
  • Staley out there getting the last block to free Smith for a TD run instead of just a 1st down
  • And of course, the big passes from Smith to Davis at the end, the sideline grab and the TD to win it

Great list. That int by Brown was an awesome play, great catch. Brees receivers ALWAYS catch those.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goldson's INT was big, but I guess you included that with the "first INT" part. That bullrush by Justin Smith where even though he didn't get a sack, he still drug Brees down and forced an incomplete... that play where he got up bleeding.

I guess it wasn't a game changing play, but I loved that hit by Brooks on the Saints RB where he cut to the right but ran into his own guy... and then Brooks did like a Ninja move sort of popping otu of the bushes and just drilled the RB... had Brooks realized that the guy didn't see him, that might have been a big fumble as he easily stripped it... because that Saints RB had no freaking clue he was there.

That play right there!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play right there!!

JustinSmith3.jpg

This next one kind of makes me laugh too, "Fee-fi-fo-fum, Justin is about to squash tiny Sproles"
justinsmith.jpg

I like Aldon's 'Superman' sack too.
Aldon2.jpg

Aldon.jpg

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GREAT SHOTS!!!...Whatever recognition Justin Smith and the rest of our D gets - It is not enough!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all these great pics coming from?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine how ape-shit our board would get if Alex had run it out like planned/assumed to be available and we settled for a field goal? (Even after first down marker) It gives me nightmares. In the past and even this season we've left opportunities out there. It wouldn't have surprised me. I'm glad he was greedy/aware. Plus, what if he had played it safe with the Davis TD at the end. Harbaugh is safe, but under Singletary (even if we got there) he would have pulled that pass and we'd go into OT.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Nolan liked the Sproles TD more than the Graham TD? Which play triggered a bigger dump?