• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFFS!: Bengals @ Texans

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dalton I think the key is improving the running game. takes pressue off him and gives him some easy throws

Maybe we can have some hot cocoa waiting for him on the sidelines too?

He's a god damned pansy! Fuck him!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How did we not throw it one time to Green in the 1st half?

not entirely defending the playcalling, but they only had 15 or so plays in the 1st half and im sure Green was doubled everytime

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How did we not throw it one time to Green in the 1st half?

honestly, his wideouts lost in the first half on most plays. I think you gotta chuck it up there to AJ...but his gyys were not getting open in the first. Second half is a different story.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not entirely defending the playcalling, but they only had 15 or so plays in the 1st half and im sure Green was doubled everytime

Oh stop. We don't need Mikey reading comments like this.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a ILB, QB and O linemen. Any better QBs out there in FA or in the draft that could turn into better QBs than Dalton?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a ILB, QB and O linemen. Any better QBs out there in FA or in the draft that could turn into better QBs than Dalton?

Alex Smith. Matt Flynn thru trade.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know who it would be, unfortunately. We have to think like Mike Brown, and realize he thinks Dalton is his guy for the future. We need to find a better backup than Gradkowski, then hope Dalton misses a few games with injury next year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who it would be, unfortunately. We have to think like Mike Brown, and realize he thinks Dalton is his guy for the future. We need to find a better backup than Gradkowski, then hope Dalton misses a few games with injury next year.

I'll sew up a voodoo doll. Dalton blows. I guarantee Mikey thinks he's the answer, though. We're probably fucked.

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll agree Dalton played terrible, but Gresham didn't help him at all. Threw to him twice that I remember and he dropped the ball. Having only one WR to throw to consistently on the field makes it hard. I like Hawkins, but the guy is a gimmick. On normal plays he's too short to be effective. Our running game has been iffy all year. The law firm had a decent year but is not a number one RB. He's a change of pace back. Then you have Gruden who is a pile of shit. Dalton was getting pressure all game and Gruden didn't call one roll out play the entire game. Dalton should have been rolling out of the pocket some, should have called some screen passes because Houston blitzed the entire game. Gruden did absolutely nothing to put Dalton in the position to be successful

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree Dalton played terrible, but Gresham didn't help him at all. Threw to him twice that I remember and he dropped the ball. Having only one WR to throw to consistently on the field makes it hard. I like Hawkins, but the guy is a gimmick. On normal plays he's too short to be effective. Our running game has been iffy all year. The law firm had a decent year but is not a number one RB. He's a change of pace back. Then you have Gruden who is a pile of shit. Dalton was getting pressure all game and Gruden didn't call one roll out play the entire game. Dalton should have been rolling out of the pocket some, should have called some screen passes because Houston blitzed the entire game. Gruden did absolutely nothing to put Dalton in the position to be successful

I agree that Gruden is a bum. So is Dalton.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see the two screen passes that the Bengals called that ended up with a total of -8 yards?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was gonna say the same. We tried screens....they were blown up.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sew up a voodoo doll. Dalton blows. I guarantee Mikey thinks he's the answer, though. We're probably fucked.

And this is the problem that simply cannot be overcome.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll give him another year. He played his worst game on the biggest stage...but he is not as bad as he played tonight. To the Texans credit, theri D won most matchups consistently. But there were huge plays that Dalton left on the field.

Why does this seem to be becoming a trend against any decent defense?

The announcers showed one play where Hawkins was wide open and Dalton started scrambling for a sack. Another play that wasn't shown, the announcer mentioned he thought Dalton had Green, but again Dalton either took a sack or threw it away (don't remember). My question is, how often is this happening that we aren't seeing? How many players is he spotting too late or late to throw to allowing defenses to close in? And how many pass attempts is he not attempting that any decent QB would attempt?

All of the above have the makings of losing matchups.

The Bengals receivers have talent. AJ is one of the best in the league. Marvin has speed. For all of Gresham's mistakes, he creates mismatches on the field. The o-line today was very inconsistent, many times not holding up at all, but also at many times giving Dalton plenty of time. These aren't the makings of an offense losing matchups "consistently".

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With Dalton I think the key is improving the running game. takes pressue off him and gives him some easy throws

This is what killed me the most. It was a one possession game most of the time. Read the game thread, I was screaming to run the ball more. Not once did the Bengals run the ball on both 1st and 2nd down. Not once. BJGE would run for 5 yards on 1st down and then wouldn't see the ball again unless they got a 1st down. 5.7 ypc and he only got 11 carries. Unacceptable.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We've seen this consistently the last few weeks. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and now Houston. Double Green and send a blitz. Dalton won't have Green to bail him out, he'll feel rushed in the pocket and won't be able to make a play, and you'll be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whether it can or can't be worse is debatable, but Alex Smith is not the answer. This is a fact.