• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoff team post game lions

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played better and put up some big numbers, but I don't really think he played anything better than so-so. There were many times he appeared jittery and missed some wide open easy passes because of it. He also gave up a critical sack where every first year QB should know you read and get rid of it in that situation. Even if the getting rid of it is out of bounds.
We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. I mentioned earlier that I thought he looked shaky to start and MWAB and I thought he looked a little shaky late when trying to come back but in the end he did help the team to come back. I am giving him credit for that.

I do not think he is the long term answer. I would not mind him being here to help a young QB. Apparently the young QB that was so appreciative of the help Alex gave him last year did not pick up on the work ethic. I'd like to see one who actually uses the advice like a young Mahome's did.

So while not Brady-esque I think he brought the team back and gave him credit for it. You also have to give the D (which sucked in the 1st half) credit for playing much better.

I have several posts that addresses that 1st half's versus 2nd half's. That goes for all three QBs, and everyone on the team and coaching staff.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those 38 completions, how many were check downs, 30? AS was serviceable yesterday, not great.
About the same amount as DH had against the Ravens when he averaged 7.0 yards per pass while Smith averaged 7.1 yards per pass yesterday.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same amount as DH had against the Ravens when he averaged 7.0 yards per pass while Smith averaged 7.1 yards per pass yesterday.
Was there a real difference in play ? The ravens are a far better team then the lions .

Now on the flip side who cares about the check downs ? They worked for the most part for CDC

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you read the previous posts on this site . They are there

I read all the posts from cover to cover and I can still find only one homer so please tell us who all of these homers are that you speak of.

As sportster suggested, enforce your source rule and name the homers.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read all the posts from cover to cover and I can still find only one homer so please tell us who all of these homers are that you speak of.

I’m just guessing here...but I’d assume Dean as the homer

Then...not homers but more super negative Nellie and poop posters such as the coaches (tho spurrier is often hilarious imo), country and the misc very infrequent posters who seagull post (shit and fly off)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must have missed it . Am I a journalist ? Did I proclaim to be one ? . My profession is retired army and a radiation protection tech .

Now I am sure you should be able to figure out that your talking point doesn’t apply because when I speak of my belief in UN named sources I speak of that in the terms or context of journalism

And if you read through each drama ridden post then I am sure you can pick up more then one . Or maybe there is just one ? Or maybe there is a couple . I am sure there are people who are straight up homers and they are easily found if you look really hard .

But since all homer posts are written down by the persons own hands I am certain they are sourced directly . That means a name is in the public forum and hence no need to re name them .

The homers know who they are . The people who read their posts also know who they are.

Who else needs to know ? and maybe the homers should step forward and make themselves known for the curious people who can’t seem to figure out who they are

Now if this is so important to you then I will say dig a little deeper or go with what you think you know and use that as your answer

I see no reason to do your legwork for you

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just guessing here...but I’d assume Dean as the homer

Then...not homers but more super negative Nellie and poop posters such as the coaches (tho spurrier is often hilarious imo), country and the misc very infrequent posters who seagull post (shit and fly off)

Upon further review Dean is is only homer I can find.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m just not understanding here. When I’m claiming victory on my point of view...(which hopefully I don’t do too often cuz it’s sorta lame tbh). I just @ that poster. That’s why we have an @.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed it . Am I a journalist ? Did I proclaim to be one ? . My profession is retired army and a radiation protection tech .

Now I am sure you should be able to figure out that your talking point doesn’t apply because when I speak of my belief in UN named sources I speak of that in the terms or context of journalism

And if you read through each drama ridden post then I am sure you can pick up more then one . Or maybe there is just one ? Or maybe there is a couple . I am sure there are people who are straight up homers and they are easily found if you look really hard .

But since all homer posts are written down by the persons own hands I am certain they are sourced directly . That means a name is in the public forum and hence no need to re name them .

The homers know who they are . The people who read their posts also know who they are.

Who else needs to know ? and maybe the homers should step forward and make themselves known for the curious people who can’t seem to figure out who they are

Now if this is so important to you then I will say dig a little deeper or go with what you think you know and use that as your answer

I see no reason to do your legwork for you

As dad suggested, please step forward homers and make yourself known since we can't find you.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, just watched this...was actually thinking of another play...lol. So many mistakes yesterday...they all blurred together.

And tend to agree with ya Breed but it is in slo mo here and I did see an earlier late ‘similar shove’ to AS that wasn’t called...

Chase took multiple steps and imo it didn't even look as if he was going full speed at the time. You what I hate most about that play though. Was RR trying to excuse or justify it. Saying they did the same thing to our guy and the Skins were playing 2 teams out there, the Lions n refs. That's not the shit your HC needs to be saying as it sends a terrible message to your team. I agree with RR that the Terry Mac fumble was a bad call, but so was the defensive against Terry Mac on 4th n 4 on the Skins last drive.

I'm getting the impression RR is coddling certain players, the entire DL, blaming the LBs for all the running woes last week. Haskins on the other hand received no such coddling, It was all ass0s n elbows for him. Man, I can't express how disappointed I am in the coaching this year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Calling it right now. The moment we manage to score the league average ‘30 points’ and more...is the moment we start pulling wins from the jaw of losses...

Scoring is definitely up. https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/...asons-for-scorings-record-setting-pace-in-nfl Congrats NFL owners. Your desire to turn the NFL into Arena League Football is working. Not quite 30 per..........yet. It's getting there though.

Be nice if the Skins would stop giving up 30 or more points per to every team not in the NFC East though. If I hear/read anyone say the Skins have a top anything on defense again. I'm beelining directly to the adult depends in Walmart and Maryland or wherever they may be. Here I come nonstop.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase took multiple steps and imo it didn't even look as if he was going full speed at the time. You what I hate most about that play though. Was RR trying to excuse or justify it. Saying they did the same thing to our guy and the Skins were playing 2 teams out there, the Lions n refs. That's not the shit your HC needs to be saying as it sends a terrible message to your team. I agree with RR that the Terry Mac fumble was a bad call, but so was the defensive against Terry Mac on 4th n 4 on the Skins last drive.

I'm getting the impression RR is coddling certain players, the entire DL, blaming the LBs for all the running woes last week. Haskins on the other hand received no such coddling, It was all ass0s n elbows for him. Man, I can't express how disappointed I am in the coaching this year.
The thing with RR is hard for me to figure. I think you’ve made some spot on assessments tho regarding special treatment for some of the players...and the dog house for others... one thing I do give him credit for...I’m seeing more TEAM stuff and they definitely like him. There is fight in the team too...tho I’d like to see a first drive score and a decent first half, lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with RR is hard for me to figure. I think you’ve made some spot on assessments tho regarding special treatment for some of the players...and the dog house for others... one thing I do give him credit for...I’m seeing more TEAM stuff and they definitely like him. There is fight in the team too...tho I’d like to see a first drive score and a decent first half, lol

Well it’s year one , a different one at that , so we will see . DH isn’t his guy and I think he is sending a message to Danny . Stay the hell out ! From what I have seen from the defense I see the wrong guys playing and they aren’t doing what the coach wants from them

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that wins the NFC East will qualify for the playoffs. How sad is that?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins should be quarter backing this team, period. We need to see if in fact he is the future (know way of knowing at this point) and why would you play AS at this point anyway? We know what he is, not our future.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins should be quarter backing this team, period. We need to see if in fact he is the future (know way of knowing at this point) and why would you play AS at this point anyway? We know what he is, not our future.
Problem is, you’ve got to have a qb good enough to evaluate the other players around him to see if in fact they’re the future

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, you’ve got to have a qb good enough to evaluate the other players around him to see if in fact they’re the future
WTF? There is very little to no talent on offense right now. What are you really trying to say? 1. Haskins has no talent around him so... evaluating becomes some what difficult and 2. There is no way in 4 games, shortened to no off season you can say what Haskins really is at this point. RR has made a mess of the QB position starting with Allen whom never should have been brought into town.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? There is very little to no talent on offense right now. What are you really trying to say? 1. Haskins has no talent around him so... evaluating becomes some what difficult and 2. There is no way in 4 games, shortened to no off season you can say what Haskins really is at this point. RR has made a mess of the QB position starting with Allen whom never should have been brought into town.
What was wrong with signing allen? What is wrong for a team to sign a QB that knows the offense and could play if your starter gets hurt? Especially since, at that time, we didn't know the status of Alex Smith so we had no backup QB. Oh yeah he came pretty cheap, also.

What, were we supposed to go with out a backup QB so we didn't hurt Haskins feelings?

While you think Haskins should play so we can see what we have, clearly RR disagrees with you. He already has made his mind up with what we have. Now, who should we trust more to evaluate Haskins? RR, who has been in football his whole life, a head coach for many years and a guy who actually brought a rookie QB into the league and playing at a pretty high level? Or posters on a fan forum who are upset because they hasn't seen enough of Haskins to make a determination?

Until proven otherwise, I will bet that RR is fully aware of what is going on and has a very valid reason, in him mind, for how he handling the situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting or trading CDC and DH costs you 20 mil in dead cap space signing Allen would cost about 10 mil . Drafting a qb adds another 14 mil . 44 mil at the position and half not even being used