• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Picture

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Houston is still in the playoffs.
And there is a reason baseball is normally 162 games. The difference between team 1 and team 30 is pretty minuscule.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Houston is still in the playoffs.
It was just a guess... but seriously if they play a whole 162 game season I'm sure they, the Astros, would have been in the mix at the end anyway.

They played just over a third of a season and they were already one of the better teams. They may have faded, and maybe the Rays would have too, but who knows?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a guess... but seriously if they play a whole 162 game season I'm sure they, the Astros, would have been in the mix at the end anyway.

They played just over a third of a season and they were already one of the better teams. They may have faded, and maybe the Rays would have too, but who knows?
The way that the Astros have played in the postseason, they certainly could have been one of those 2nd half surge teams. But if they even make the WS, there will always be the stigma of first team to play in the WS with an under .500 record, even if there is an asterisk, simply stating "2020", next to that.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game not quite over, but it looks like a safe bet to say that the Braves won't sweep this series.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers may make a series out of this, but have to win the rest of the games. Three. What is the chance? Slim, I would say. But, it could happen. Personally, I hope not.
And Kershaw is his usual post season joke. But the bullpen has sucked too. Clayton can never be on the level of Sandy Koufax. Never. Mookie Betts, nothing to speak of so far in this series. But the Dodgers definitely have the talent to still come back and win those three games and prove everyone, sportswriters included, correct, and go on to the World Series. Ought to be interesting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers may make a series out of this, but have to win the rest of the games. Three. What is the chance? Slim, I would say. But, it could happen. Personally, I hope not.
And Kershaw is his usual post season joke. But the bullpen has sucked too. Clayton can never be on the level of Sandy Koufax. Never. Mookie Betts, nothing to speak of so far in this series. But the Dodgers definitely have the talent to still come back and win those three games and prove everyone, sportswriters included, correct, and go on to the World Series. Ought to be interesting.
The Giants came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Cards in ‘12. It can happen. It is rare. It is hard. But it is possible.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I realize that seven games in a row makes it a whole new way to manage pitching. But both teams have the same problem.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man! Will Smith just hit a 3 run home run off Will Smith and now the Braves are losing.

Will Smith Movie GIF by Gemini Man

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I could be wrong, but you never know. If the Dodgers would come back from three games down to take the series, I will not hesitate to post that I was wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I could be wrong, but you never know. If the Dodgers would come back from three games down to take the series, I will not hesitate to post that I was wrong.
If that happens, I suspect you will be talking to yourself, as everyone here would have committed harakiri..