• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Picture

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES to any of these guys... especially the CHISOX!

For right now Imma say no to the rest...

My childhood team...I'm excited although I'm sad the A's are playing them first round, I like when they do well too.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Fleming calling the A’s/Sox game on ESPN.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also watched Sergio Romo give up the walk to put the Astros up. I thought that dude retired.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY over Tampa sucks. No question.

Houston over Oakland is like Hitler defeating Bin Laden. You know one has to win, but you are going to hate the result either way.
To use your analogy, Hitler has a lot more ability to create death and destruction than does Bin Laden, so if someone has to win, I'll go with the lesser of two evils. Then let the good guys win the next round (if its not Stalin in the next round).
Of course, I don't see the A's as Bin Laden. More like the annoying little brother that you outwardly get bothered by but secretly root for, because he's your brother. And he's taking on the class cheat, who no one but his family are rooting for.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Oak and Hou are solid teams, though. It isn’t like one is so much better than the other. And in the AL, I am rooting for TB, so I don’t necessarily want the bigger threat to emerge from Oak/Hou.

I dislike all of NY, Hou and Oak, but I think Houston winning it all will actually create a fun storyline. The Spanks will be disgusting because they are the Spanks. The I’s will act like they are the clear best org in the BA (annoying but like you said, just an annoying little brother). Houston will piss everyone off, and I am OK with that. Baseball deserves it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Oak and Hou are solid teams, though. It isn’t like one is so much better than the other. And in the AL, I am rooting for TB, so I don’t necessarily want the bigger threat to emerge from Oak/Hou.

I dislike all of NY, Hou and Oak, but I think Houston winning it all will actually create a fun storyline. The Spanks will be disgusting because they are the Spanks. The I’s will act like they are the clear best org in the BA (annoying but like you said, just an annoying little brother). Houston will piss everyone off, and I am OK with that. Baseball deserves it.
My continuation of the Hitler/Bin Laden analogy was purely based on how I feel about the two organizations, not how good they are compared to each other.
Houston winning it all wouldn't just tick off people because of the cheating scandal. It would tick off people because it would be the first time a team with a losing record won the World Series. I do wonder if the flak created from that scenario would cause the commissioner's office to back off on the permanent expansion of the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My continuation of the Hitler/Bin Laden analogy was purely based on how I feel about the two organizations, not how good they are compared to each other.
Houston winning it all wouldn't just tick off people because of the cheating scandal. It would tick off people because it would be the first time a team with a losing record won the World Series. I do wonder if the flak created from that scenario would cause the commissioner's office to back off on the permanent expansion of the playoffs.
Another reason to root for Hou...

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This motherfucker right here... he salted the earth...

Go Padres...?