• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play-off Tie breakers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To Break A Tie Within A Division​

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs​

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers control the West but should they lose to Seattle, then a tie for 1. and 2. is still possible. If we go to tie breaker 3., the common games are Denver, Chargers, Panthers, Chiefs, Raiders, Tampa Bay, and New Orleans. As far as the potential 3rd tie breaker is concerned, this Miami game isn't as big as TB and Raiders.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Two Clubs​

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory in all games.
  5. Strength of schedule in all games.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs​

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 1 of three-club format.)
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. Strength of schedule in all games.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Just in case the 49ers tie with Minnesota, Dallas, or even Philadelphia. :-)

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Niners currently in the #2 seed, we'd be playing either the Packers, Seahawks, or Lions. Which would you rather face in rd 1?

I'm not sure I have a preference. On the one hand, we've already beaten Seattle twice, but being a divisional rival, they know us very well. We've handled Rodgers and the Pack in the past even when we've played poorly on offense, but the Packers are really hot right now and they're in a win-and-in game. The Lions just have such an explosive offense and after seeing what Vegas did to us, I'd rather not see that until we have to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the Niners currently in the #2 seed, we'd be playing either the Packers, Seahawks, or Lions. Which would you rather face in rd 1?

I'm not sure I have a preference. On the one hand, we've already beaten Seattle twice, but being a divisional rival, they know us very well. We've handled Rodgers and the Pack in the past even when we've played poorly on offense, but the Packers are really hot right now and they're in a win-and-in game. The Lions just have such an explosive offense and after seeing what Vegas did to us, I'd rather not see that until we have to.
I'd prefer the team with the worse QB, or at least the QB with the least potential to get 'hot' throwing downfield. Since Rodgers has proven the ability to throw downfield, i prefer the Lions or Seahawks. Between these two teams not a big difference but i'll say Lions is my preference. This said, don't see the Seahawks nor Lions getting in.

Either way, we'll face good offenses if we hope to win the SB. Either way our entire defense needs to remain consistently good once we enter the play-offs. Defenses can no longer shut down an offense, but our D just needs to slow everybody down. Giving up yards isn't so bad just don't give up a lot of points, force more field goals.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the NYG winning against the Vikings, that means the Niners will play the winner of teh Monday Night game between the Bucs and Cowboys. Do we ahve any preference?

Honestly, I'd much rather play the Bucs again. We beat them pretty soundly the first time, so I give us a good chance in a rematch.

Even so, we match up well with Dallas, so I am not afraid of them either.

Well, what do ya'll think? Any preferences between Dallas and Tampa and why?

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the Cowboys next up on the hit parade.

It's always icing in the cake to see a sour pussed face of Jerruh after a big loss

I don't see the Bucs as much of a balanced team as the Cowboys can be

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the NYG winning against the Vikings, that means the Niners will play the winner of teh Monday Night game between the Bucs and Cowboys. Do we ahve any preference?

Honestly, I'd much rather play the Bucs again. We beat them pretty soundly the first time, so I give us a good chance in a rematch.

Without looking at stats, both seem to have good defenses. Offensively, they seem about even too, granted Dallas had a few games with high scores. I don't think TB scored a lot of points all season?

Its close for me but i'll say Tampa Bay too because the odds of them scoring over 30 is less. Whereas I think we can score around 30 points, against either team.

By playing on Saturday we have an extra day of rest and then the opponent has to travel. We have no excuses for playing a poor game on Sunday. If we flat out get beat thats fine, but don't beat yourself. "Flat out get beat" is like Seattle playing the 2nd half like they did the 1st, mistake free and they might've won.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stopped having preferences after we got bounced by Flacco in the Harbowl... our defense should have stomped them out of existence, and instead Flacco had the best game of his career. I was rooting hard to play the Ravens that year.

I like our chances no matter who we face... TB seems like a better match up overall, but a few plays that don't go our way and a close 4th quarter, I don't wanna see Brady in the huddle. The football gods (and refs) will give him every benefit of the doubt. I'll take whoever they matchup with, knowing that if the 9ers dictate the game flow, they'll be extremely hard to beat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I stopped having preferences after we got bounced by Flacco in the Harbowl... our defense should have stomped them out of existence, and er. I was rooting hard to play the Ravens that year. instead Flacco had the best game of his care

I like our chances no matter who we face... TB seems like a better match up overall, but a few plays that don't go our way and a close 4th quarter, I don't wanna see Brady in the huddle. The football gods (and refs) will give him every benefit of the doubt. I'll take whoever they matchup with, knowing that if the 9ers dictate the game flow, they'll be extremely hard to beat.
Yes, on paper we should get to Philadelphia but "on any given Sunday", chit happens. If a QB gets hot that day - could be either Brady or Prescott - we can't stop them. Even Flacco can have a hot day.