• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play of the week?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the best play you saw all weekend?

I saw three games this weekend and IMHO, it was the 49er TD right at the end of the second quarter. The one that the ref ruled as 'out' but turned out the guy was in.

He had to make a great catch and keep his feet in on that.

Runner up on that is the INT the Chargers had against the Broncos where the ball was tipped and the defender had to make a sick adjustment to his body AND manage to keep both feet in.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the best play you saw all weekend?

I saw three games this weekend and IMHO, it was the 49er TD right at the end of the second quarter. The one that the ref ruled as 'out' but turned out the guy was in.

He had to make a great catch and keep his feet in on that.

Runner up on that is the INT the Chargers had against the Broncos where the ball was tipped and the defender had to make a sick adjustment to his body AND manage to keep both feet in.

Both good plays, but I have to quibble with your description of the SD INT. Looked to me as if the first thing that that ball "tipped" was Decker's chest.

My favorite play, though, was the third and seventeen that Denver converted when PFM hit Julius Thomas on the sideline to extend the drive that ended the game.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play of the week...drawing the chargers into neutral zone infractions on fake calls that they thought they had figured out....5 times

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that hit decker in the chest. Should have caught it.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably being biased but the Baldwin catch on 3rd and 3 in the 4th quarter was pretty damn good.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both good plays, but I have to quibble with your description of the SD INT. Looked to me as if the first thing that that ball "tipped" was Decker's chest.

My favorite play, though, was the third and seventeen that Denver converted when PFM hit Julius Thomas on the sideline to extend the drive that ended the game.

Still a great INT, though. That ball was tipped in the air and the guy making the INT made a GREAT move to keep his feet inbounds.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play of the week...drawing the chargers into neutral zone infractions on fake calls that they thought they had figured out....5 times

This

I also have to give props to San Diego's onside kick conversion. It set up a chain of events that led to San Diego only being down 7 with plenty of time.

Just glad that PFM was there to finish it off.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston with the best pass of the day.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colston with the best pass of the day.

LOL!!!

The thing about it, the thought was great. the execution was poor.

Had he thrown it backwards (and the guy he was throwing to was behind him) it may have went for 6........

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought was worse than the execution. Step the fuck out.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The onside kick by the Chargers was perfectly executed.

My favorite play (and also a great play) was the 21 yard completion to Julius Thomas on 3rd and 17. The play design and call were excellent. The Broncos said after the game that it wasn't a blown coverage by the Chargers, but that they knew it was an open spot in their defense and called that specific play to beat it. Manning had a little pressure and had to move in the pocket and really couldn't step into the throw, so it was all arm strength and a little off target. Thomas made a heck of a catch making sure he dragged his toes. Really well executed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The onside kick by the Chargers was perfectly executed.

My favorite play (and also a great play) was the 21 yard completion to Julius Thomas on 3rd and 17. The play design and call were excellent. The Broncos said after the game that it wasn't a blown coverage by the Chargers, but that they knew it was an open spot in their defense and called that specific play to beat it. Manning had a little pressure and had to move in the pocket and really couldn't step into the throw, so it was all arm strength and a little off target. Thomas made a heck of a catch making sure he dragged his toes. Really well executed.

This play gave me confidence in this team moving forward. Last year in a similar situation where we had 3rd and 7 we decided to run the ball to try and work the clock. Loved that we put the ball in Peyton's hand and let our best player make a play for us.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me as if the first thing that that ball "tipped" was Decker's chest.

It was thrown behind him and tipped off his left (trailing) shoulder. Just watched it last night on TIVO as my son missed that game. If you have it recorded, go look at it again. Prolly should have caught it but it was far from well thrown.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked to me as if the first thing that that ball "tipped" was Decker's chest.

It was thrown behind him and tipped off his left (trailing) shoulder. Just watched it last night on TIVO as my son missed that game. If you have it recorded, go look at it again. Prolly should have caught it but it was far from well thrown.

I've watched the play 10 times already today and it hits him right in the middle where that NFL symbol is at on the jersey. I could see you arguing that it was high but have no clue how you are seeing it go off his left shoulder. Plus might want to work on your right and left...His trailing shoulder would be his right shoulder not his left. Again though unless my eye doctor lied to me and I don't have 20/20 vision I don't see how you see anything but it hitting him right in the middle.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it personally, it just wasn't a sharp throw.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my play of the week was niners first series..3rd and 12...kaepernick to patton on the sideline for a 1st down...set the tone for the offense the rest of the game..pattons only catch but a big one...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought was worse than the execution. Step the fuck out.

precisely

If I am a Saints fan, I want Brees throwing the last pass......not a WR

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take it personally, it just wasn't a sharp throw.

It was a perfect throw. Foolish to throw into that tight coverage, maybe, but the throw was as close to perfect as you can get.