• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Play-In games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Mobley’s athleticism would be a better option than LM despite his inexperience. Cavs are on a 9-18 run. Let’s be real. Friday doesn’t look good regardless. Maybe the best way to approach it is to throw Mobley to the wolves and see if he can benefit from the experience of playing against one of the best in what is an oft employed scheme of attack in the NBA. I would use LM’s length on the guy the Cavs staff consider the best threat for Atlanta to shoot and put Mobley on Capela because Capela is the player most often employed in the pick and roll action with Young.
I will be surprised if Moses Brown doesn't play more minutes if JA is out. He is a physical guy, the problem is he isn't great on the perimeter or pick-n-roll. Mobley does guard centers at times but he can't do it for a long time, especially the big bodied guys. So that leaves Markkannen or Love off the bench and both are below average defenders. Not many options at this point. Either way whether it is a center or PF that leaves a hole for a bad defender with JA in the lineup, that allows Mobley to play the natural 4 and Mark to slide to the 3. It makes all the difference in the world...you do realize they are on a 9-18 run is mainly due to the JA injury + Mobley was out for a week too. Before the JA injury, Markkannen was down. It's a never-ending cycle all the season but it is what it is. In reality, they weren't beating a #1 or #2 seed healthy. They just needed experience, if they can win vs ATL it will be a huge step for that experience.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if Moses Brown doesn't play more minutes if JA is out. He is a physical guy, the problem is he isn't great on the perimeter or pick-n-roll. Mobley does guard centers at times but he can't do it for a long time, especially the big bodied guys. So that leaves Markkannen or Love off the bench and both are below average defenders. Not many options at this point. Either way whether it is a center or PF that leaves a hole for a bad defender with JA in the lineup, that allows Mobley to play the natural 4 and Mark to slide to the 3. It makes all the difference in the world...you do realize they are on a 9-18 run is mainly due to the JA injury + Mobley was out for a week too. Before the JA injury, Markkannen was down. It's a never-ending cycle all the season but it is what it is. In reality, they weren't beating a #1 or #2 seed healthy. They just needed experience, if they can win vs ATL it will be a huge step for that experience.
2-6 after the All Star break before JA injury. The collapse was already happening before he got injured. Of course his loss probably exacerbated that though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Brown getting some run but not sure he offers anything other than 7-2 and likely a reason teams keep letting him go.

I wonder what we do with Okoro. Seems like our best 1 on 1 defender among guards/wings (which will be needed with Young) but needs to contribute something on offense. Just hit a few shots as he has done in the past.

way things have gone for us all year wont be surprised if Allen sits and Collins returns for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-6 after the All Star break before JA injury. The collapse was already happening before he got injured. Of course his loss probably exacerbated that though.
I wouldn't say a rough stretch was starting the collapse. They lost to PHI twice, MIN, ATL. They had stretches like that earlier in the season too. The point is instead of going 7-12 they realistically go around 12-7. Allen's impact was giving me vibes of what Gobert means to Utah. Honestly, they are probably a 6 seed, maybe even a 5 seed with Allen but to this point it really doesn't matter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Garland was out for the 1st 2 losses in that stretch. Allen for the last 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say a rough stretch was starting the collapse. They lost to PHI twice, MIN, ATL. They had stretches like that earlier in the season too. The point is instead of going 7-12 they realistically go around 12-7. Allen's impact was giving me vibes of what Gobert means to Utah. Honestly, they are probably a 6 seed, maybe even a 5 seed with Allen but to this point it really doesn't matter.
Hell, if we just had him for that game against the Bulls and win that one we are the 6 seed.

Oh well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy should keep his mouth shut. Stupidity comes out of his mouth all the time

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that nobody is entering covid protocol now but it happens now. Awful timing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the all star break Garland was injured and LeVert was injured and Rondo was injured. They started Goodwin at PG for a while.

The team just cannot get healthy at the same time- and its always been important guys.