• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Play-In games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte wasting time in the play-in for the 2nd straight season

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion looks great… worth every penny.

If only the Knicks got him , damm he good!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans going to be a problem next year if Zion can stay healthy

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: Believe it or not, C.J. has not scored 40 in a game yet this season…

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bizarre offense from the pelicans in the 4th. Slowed everything down and it has allowed the spurs back into the gm

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans offense has been an absolute joke the entire quarter.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte wasting time in the play-in for the 2nd straight season
I told ya they already checked out and were going through the motions. Just missed an 8 leg parlay scratch off ticket in this game. Ironically only thing I missed was Trae Young getting 30. Trae assists, Capella rebounds, Hawks ML, over total, Ball assists, Hunter points, Rozier points all hit. FML. Ha

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets need to fire their coach. Their defense was pitiful.

Hawks-Cavs - Hawks seem to be playing better of late and if Trae and their shooters are on fire they are a very dangerous team. If CLE doesn't have JA I don't see them winning.

Clips-Pelicans - I think the Clips have a solid enough defense to pull through. Should be a fun matchup tomorrow.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets need to fire their coach. Their defense was pitiful.

Hawks-Cavs - Hawks seem to be playing better of late and if Trae and their shooters are on fire they are a very dangerous team. If CLE doesn't have JA I don't see them winning.

Clips-Pelicans - I think the Clips have a solid enough defense to pull through. Should be a fun matchup tomorrow.
How have the Cavs played pick and roll defense this year? I learned this lesson the hard way this time last year. Trae Young is a great talent but what makes him special is his pick and roll decision making. Unless a defense can take away his drive, the lob to the roller, and get out on the shooters spaced around the floor, Young is going to make the right decision. When he is in that zone the only chance of beating Atlanta is to outscore them. Which absolutely can be done. They have a ton of players that you can isolate and work on that end. Cavs are going to have to be efficient and shoot really well and hope that Trae Young is not as disciplined and doesn’t stay with a pick and roll attack.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have the Cavs played pick and roll defense this year? I learned this lesson the hard way this time last year. Trae Young is a great talent but what makes him special is his pick and roll decision making. Unless a defense can take away his drive, the lob to the roller, and get out on the shooters spaced around the floor, Young is going to make the right decision. When he is in that zone the only chance of beating Atlanta is to outscore them. Which absolutely can be done. They have a ton of players that you can isolate and work on that end. Cavs are going to have to be efficient and shoot really well and hope that Trae Young is not as disciplined and doesn’t stay with a pick and roll attack.
Well with JA out it has been bad. Markkannen is a bad on and off ball defender most of the time but Trae gives the Cavs fits. When they had basically their full team and they were playing great team defense they could limit the pick-n-roll but not so much the last 20 games or so.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with JA out it has been bad. Markkannen is a bad on and off ball defender most of the time but Trae gives the Cavs fits. When they had basically their full team and they were playing great team defense they could limit the pick-n-roll but not so much the last 20 games or so.
You would think Mobley’s athleticism would be a better option than LM despite his inexperience. Cavs are on a 9-18 run. Let’s be real. Friday doesn’t look good regardless. Maybe the best way to approach it is to throw Mobley to the wolves and see if he can benefit from the experience of playing against one of the best in what is an oft employed scheme of attack in the NBA. I would use LM’s length on the guy the Cavs staff consider the best threat for Atlanta to shoot and put Mobley on Capela because Capela is the player most often employed in the pick and roll action with Young.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA needs a new nickname in a league where Ja is an MVP candidate.