• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

plans at OG?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we go with a rg in the 1st. It wouldn't make sense to not address a position of need with a late 1st round pick, especially since we've basically covered all the rest of the slots.

I'm calling it now, Kevin Zietler at #30.

Kevin Zeitler highlights Nebraska and Penn State.wmv - YouTube

He fits perfectly with our run heavy wco.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We brought in Lutui today. Don't see that as an answer, per se, but it's something.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we draft an OG in the first 3 rounds, I would STILL expect them to sign an average OG in FA or after June cuts. Going into the season with two young players with limited snaps in the NFL would be silly for this team given where we were at the end of last season. Then again, wtf do I know?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lutui on the move?
9:32AM ET
Deuce Lutui | Cardinals | Interested: 49ers?

Veteran OG Deuce Lutui was an effective inside presence for the Arizona Cardinals during his tenure there, though he had issues at times with his offseason conditioning habits. The Cards have elected to go another direction, but that doesn't mean that Lutui isn't drawing interest elsewhere.

According to what a source has revealed to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, the San Francisco 49ers hosted Lutui for a visit on Monday. For the Niners, Lutui would provide some competition at RG for Daniel Kilgore.

ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando offers his appraisal of what Lutui can bring to the table:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Mike Sando
Lutui is plenty talented

"He can be a good starting guard. Lutui has not been consistent enough in his approach to stay in the lineup, however, and his relative lack of versatility makes him less valuable as a backup."

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know man. If you have plans then I think you should go somewhere other than Olive Garden. That place aint that great...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...we're basically going to exchange underachieving RG's with the Cards?

Just might, but i see us signing Lutui for much cheaper then Snyder.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So...we're basically going to exchange underachieving RG's with the Cards?

If he's motivated, Lutui is a better starting OG than Snyder IMO. He's obviously less versatile. My concern would be the same as with Rachal in there next to Davis: Lutui is talented, but he's inconsistent and not all that assignment-sound. Rachal and Davis next to each other was a disaster last year. Davis may just need a more heady vet next to him for now.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we draft an OG in the first 3 rounds, I would STILL expect them to sign an average OG in FA or after June cuts. Going into the season with two young players with limited snaps in the NFL would be silly for this team given where we were at the end of last season. Then again, wtf do I know?

Unless one of those young rg's was a Badger. Those guys are so well prepared on the o line. I personally would be 100% secure as a fan knowing we're plugging Zietler or Konz into the starting role.

NFL Draft Prospects Continue Wisconsin Offensive Line Legacy | Cheesehead TV

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Cordy Glenn fall to us. I think it's possible giving that Guards are not usually high priority targets. Glenn would give us a massive and powerful body to run behind. This would create quite a force on the left and right side of the line with him and Iupati in the running game.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see Cordy Glenn fall to us. I think it's possible giving that Guards are not usually high priority targets. Glenn would give us a massive and powerful body to run behind. This would create quite a force on the left and right side of the line with him and Iupati in the running game.

I do think that we could get a "good" guard in the 1st round. I think though as others iut would be beneficial to sign a veteran to a 3 year deal! Go 49ers!!:peep:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Higher contracts for good OG's on the open market have forced teams to consider drafting G's higher in the draft. The days of watching solid guards fall in the draft simply because they are Guards, are over...

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeitler is the real deal. He's not in DeCastro's league, but he should be the 2nd OG off the board.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wisconson offensive linemen are like qb's from the manning sperm club, u can't go wrong