• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

plans at OG?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what are they?

are we rolling the dice on our untested 2nd year man kilgore or going FA route or draft route?

the fact this isn't filled yet is a bit concerning to me considering how heavily our offense relies on our line. Not to mention that our line is not very deep at all...we were incredibly lucky with injuries last season and i dont expect that again this year

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't really anything in free agency or the draft. konz and zeitler could step in from day 1 but i'm thinking they're gone before we pick. imo davis at guard and boone on the outside is better than kilgore/davis.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle from Des Moines, Iowa, asks what the San Francisco 49ers should do at right guard. "Are they better off drafting to fill that gap and having an even younger and less experienced line," he writes, "or filling it with a veteran who might not have the same skill level but can provide leadership with fewer mistakes?"

Mike Sando: The 49ers have shown a willingness to invested high draft choices in offensive linemen. Joe Staley, Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis were first-round picks. The two right guards last season, Rachal and Adam Snyder, were relatively early choices as well.

Now would be a good time for the 49ers to show they can develop a later-round choice at guard.

They are proceeding at right guard as though confident in Daniel Kilgore's ability to take the job. Kilgore was a fifth-round pick from Appalachian State in 2011, known for his toughness and tenacity. He played left tackle as a senior in college, but the interior is where he projects in the future. I think the 49ers should sign a lower-priced veteran for insurance, then prove they were right in trading up for Kilgore.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us did like what we saw in Kilgore in Preseason... hopefully Kilgore is taking this time to get stronger and more durable for an upcoming run at the Super Bowl.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Castro and Glenn are clearly going in round 1. They wouldn't even make ti to pick # 30. So I'm still open towards bringing in someone to compete with Kilgore (2nd round or later):

Kelechi Osemele, Tony Bergstrom, Brandon Brooks, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Miller and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone with talent...!?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there isn't really anything in free agency or the draft. konz and zeitler could step in from day 1 but i'm thinking they're gone before we pick. imo davis at guard and boone on the outside is better than kilgore/davis.

There aren't any OGs in the draft who could step in and start? Ok. It's not like OG is one of the easier positions to find a later-round player who can contribute immediately.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't any OGs in the draft who could step in and start? Ok. It's not like OG is one of the easier positions to find a later-round player who can contribute immediately.

read the whole thing....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castro and Glenn are clearly going in round 1. They wouldn't even make ti to pick # 30. So I'm still open towards bringing in someone to compete with Kilgore (2nd round or later):

Kelechi Osemele, Tony Bergstrom, Brandon Brooks, Kevin Zeitler, Ryan Miller and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone with talent...!?

Amini Silatolu is a prospect that's getting some late buzz heading towards the draft.

If Decastro or Glenn fall enough, I say we make that trade up.

Cause our 2nd rounder is nearly an early 3rd so, what G will realistically fall that will clearly be better than Kilgore?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you mentioned two interior OL capable of starting.

Again, if Snyder was SO bad, any POS late-round pick should be able to upgrade the spot, no?

snyder is a solid back up who can play multiple positions. we need a real starter. the guards later in the draft seem rather weak this year.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There will be some veteran guards cut, we'll snap one up.
Plus we'll draft at least one as well.
And we do have the option of playing Davis at RG and Boone at RT.
Kilgore will be in the mix.
So I'm not really concerned about it.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There will be some veteran guards cut, we'll snap one up.
Plus we'll draft at least one as well.
And we do have the option of playing Davis at RG and Boone at RT.
Kilgore will be in the mix.
So I'm not really concerned about it.

I have seen this statement from a few people and I don't get it.. Not that Boone would not be an effective RT or Davis RG but wouldn't it be harder to find a swing OT to replace Boone than to find a a RG?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amini Silatolu is a prospect that's getting some late buzz heading towards the draft.

If Decastro or Glenn fall enough, I say we make that trade up.

Cause our 2nd rounder is nearly an early 3rd so, what G will realistically fall that will clearly be better than Kilgore?

Yeah I've been reading A LOT about him for the past two weeks now. I've never seen him play so I my opinion of him is 100% subjective. Based on report he sounds like a poor man's Iupati.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have seen this statement from a few people and I don't get it.. Not that Boone would not be an effective RT or Davis RG but wouldn't it be harder to find a swing OT to replace Boone than to find a a RG?

I want to see Davis at RT for the next 8-10 years.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've been reading A LOT about him for the past two weeks now. I've never seen him play so I my opinion of him is 100% subjective. Based on report he sounds like a poor man's Iupati.

Yeah.. could be tempting... how many teams could say(if) they have 4 first rd picks on their starting OL?:heh:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1...

and there goes my 5k post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

Congrats on the milestone! Now, its up to us to determine whether it is more like 3000 hits milestone or 3000 strikeouts milestone.

You have earned yourself a llama:llama:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yup same here. Havent seen him play but he's getting a lot of hype lately and theres quite a few articles on him that I've read. A poor mans Iupati with a nastier streak is what I've taken from them.