• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins(1) vs. New York Rangers(2) | Round 2

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan presser, you can see the dread in his eyes...his days, er, hours are numbered.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can wrangle Billy Guerin into being an assistant in the inevitable new regime. If anything, having him around puts Sid at ease...dunno why, but it does. If Blysma is fired, it's not because he's a bad coach and doesn't understand the game, it's because he's stubborn. He refused to wander from "their game" for years, other coaches figured it out and shut them down. It would appear that the team has "tuned him out", although that's simply impossible to really know that. They need a guy to take charge and lead, IMO, and that's simply not Blysma. I thank him for leading the team to the Cup in '09, but in every year since then (with injury year exception) he's been embarrassed when it comes to a 7 game series. I thought he turned the corner this year when games 3 and 4 happened, but I'm pretty confident that was Jacques Lemaire getting to run things for a bit.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB knows he is a lame duck he should have a Jim Mora type press conference as his swan song. Not this press conference.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can wrangle Billy Guerin into being an assistant in the inevitable new regime. If anything, having him around puts Sid at ease...dunno why, but it does. If Blysma is fired, it's not because he's a bad coach and doesn't understand the game, it's because he's stubborn. He refused to wander from "their game" for years, other coaches figured it out and shut them down. It would appear that the team has "tuned him out", although that's simply impossible to really know that. They need a guy to take charge and lead, IMO, and that's simply not Blysma. I thank him for leading the team to the Cup in '09, but in every year since then (with injury year exception) he's been embarrassed when it comes to a 7 game series. I thought he turned the corner this year when games 3 and 4 happened, but I'm pretty confident that was Jacques Lemaire getting to run things for a bit.

Barry Trotz, Bill Guerin and Jacques Martin would be a good start to a new coaching staff

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is from game 2 I think, and it's one tiny clip, but that doesn't scream that there's a good player/coach vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive: MAF was far from the issue on this team. Far from it. He took some games in the series, and the offense never really returned the favor.

True, but... until they move on from him I think he is going to hold the team back. He hasn't finished among the better half of playoff goalies - not top 2-3, but better half of goalies - in about half a decade. Lot of guys that can do that job for less than $5 mil. Lot of guys that can inspire confidence with their puck handling skills.

I've never liked MAF. I think he's a mediocre goalie who sold the fan base with one great playoff run and they took the statistical anomaly as him being a "gamer." His extensive track record at this point shows otherwise.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbed down for humorous effect. ;)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Keith Jones just say Joel Quenneville....oh god that would be like Tortoralla this year in Vancouver.

Or maybe that is the plan to get the first pick next year for Connor McDavid?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jacques Lemaires play crap trap boring game stifle Crosby and his lamp posts. Bring Iron Mike in MAF on short leash equal crap disco era dead

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just some of the thoughts on twitter

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stubborn for sure, and too friendly with the players. No accountability, and he always goes to veteran grinders - like himself - over young guys with potential. Glass in for Bennett? LMAO...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Trotz, Bill Guerin and Jacques Martin would be a good start to a new coaching staff

I don't know enough about Trotz's style to really comment. All I know is that he gets good results from teams with limited talent...and with that in mind, the idea of him having talent to work with is intriguing. Seems that most of the guys on the market are fairly conservative/defensive minded, which is probably a good thing. Need someone who's a bit of a hard ass too. I like Dan the person. He's a happy guy, loves the game, enjoys himself...but sometimes you need the grump to yell at you and get pissy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just some of the thoughts on twitter

LOL that is funny.

I am not sure Eloco or any of the other Caps fans would agree with the second tweet.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stubborn for sure, and too friendly with the players. No accountability, and he always goes to veteran grinders - like himself - over young guys with potential. Glass in for Bennett? LMAO...

That was a complete and utter waste in this game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His handling of personnel has been straight shit. We all recall last year's fiasco, and good call on handling young guys. A guy like Craig Adams or Rob Scuderi can do nothing bad enough to get scratched, but the young guns like Despres, Bennett? Sit 'em. Gotta EARN your way! Except sometimes talent should win out... You PLAY TO WIN THE GAAaaaMME. So, put out your best possible roster.