• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitching peripheral help

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically they are groundball pitchers and flyball pitchers. Some do both. Smart ones(like Kershaw) pitch based on the matchup. Flyball pitchers have a better chance at striking out flyball hitters than a groundball pitcher does against groundball hitters.

Personally those that do both and are not smart are the pitchers I prefer to stay away from. Some teams hit groundballs at home and hit flyballs on the road(Detroit for example).

And I think its pretty easy to note that Toronto, Houston, and KC are the most difficult teams to prepare for road or home. Boston and NYY at home will hit you anyway they can.

But when looking at a pitchers stats, and you see the amount of groundballs he allowed in a strong pitching game. Does this mean he threw more groundballs or did he throw more flyballs but struck out hitters.

I'm also assuming groundball pitching is a slider and flyball is a fastball and curveball.

This is more of a DFS matter than anything.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a very useful statistic for DFS, but there is much more to it... Do you really search for the diamond in the rough when it comes to pitching... With Wins meaning so much(4 points in fanduel) you should really be basing your game on Strike outs and likelihood to win... don't search too hard for pitching!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can't really read anything into hitters tendencies as a team road/home or whatever. Lineups are flexible as are the pitchers thet face.

You can't over think a matchup based on ground ball fly ball alone.

I'd prefer to seek out slumping teams and use that as a guideline for the best pitcher at the best price.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that was the case look at Mike Bolsinger against the slumping mets last Sunday.

But it helps in some cases to use those tools.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that was the case look at Mike Bolsinger against the slumping mets last Sunday.

But it helps in some cases to use those tools.

Yeah. Bolsinger doesn't really make your point. I'd never use him in DFS.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i must say, the pitcher fly ball statistic is more useful for offense than it is pitching... Really for pitching, if you are not chasing the win then you will likely not win...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a bad week this week. Got up to $90 and since Wednesday lost $60. I was using the strategy of one ace each with a cheaper number 2 with the best possible matchup and stacking teams. I started thinking stacks weren't working but I was stacking the wrong teams(braves twice against rockies Thursday and Friday, brewers against Bolsinger which idk how that failed, dodgers against whoever was pitching Thursday). Maybe I should have stayed with the strategy over the weekend. Instead I went cheaper on pitching and one change Sunday blew up in my face(Heaney to Wood).

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillman against Detroit yesterday is an example of flyball vs groundball situations. Tillman is a flyball pitcher and he faced a groundball hitting team at home. What's worse,ignoring that stat, I stacked four tigers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... I've decided to dip my toes into Fanduel. I know, shame on me.

I'm 0 - 1. Had Jaime last night too. Finished with 39 points overall.

Tonight's potential lineup....

SP - Josh Tomlin - slumping Twins, vs Duffey. Tomlin doesn't walk anyone.
C - Posey - at home vs Gio Gonzalez.
1B - Goldschmidt - getting hot again.
2B - Altuve - not scared of Verlander.
3B - Chisenhall - Indians hitting well lately, and I think Duffey gets rocked again.
SS - Correa - not scared of Verlander.
OF - CarGo - the old CarGo is back? Home vs Cashner.
OF - Puig - Home vs David Holmberg.
OF - Almonte - riding him while he's hot, and did I mention the Duffey thing?

Might make another lineup with an ace, but I seem to think I'll be going low on pitching more than the average player.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal.

Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done it in weeks. I had lost all the money and just took a break. Personally I was worried about the w2 form and considering the bankroll that would be bad.