• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pierre McGuire Says To “Beware Of The Rangers”

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While on TSN 1050 this morning, Pierre McGuire opened up his segment by telling the two Toronto hosts to “beware of the Rangers.”
Mike Richards, the host, then asked McGuire about the Rangers and Pierre said, “beware the Ranger. Look out. Power play is working. Last night was the best that I have seen Rick Nash play all season long. He really had jump in his step, he was challenging Corey Crawford, he was challenging the Chicago defense. The PP over the last couple years under John Tortorella and Mike Sullivan was anywhere between 20th and 25th in the league. They are 8th in the league under Scotty Arniel and it’s a completely different PP. Ryan McDonagh has elevated his game. Derek Stepan has elevated his game. They have more of a four line attack. They have moved Brian Boyle from center to wing and that has made a difference, so more of a checking role. They have become more comfortable in Alain Vigneault’s man to man system inside the blueline where at the beginning they were having a real tough time and losing men in coverage all the time. Now they look more comfortable in it and they look better in it.”

On Rick Nash, “Rick Nash has had two concussions in a six-month period. That is tough. I think he is just starting to reel it in now and that is good news for him and good news for Canada.”
On Henrik Lundqvist, “I asked Ryan Callahan after the game why it’s been a roller coaster year for Henrik Lundqvist and he said that as a team we don’t worry about Hank, his words not mine. That being said, you see the Brandon Bolling goal and Bolling can really snap it off, he can really shoot the puck but that is not a goal that Henrik Lundqvist is used to giving up. Getting beat short side from almost outside the circle, that is not a good goal. I think he is reeling it in. I think he had a lot of pressure to deal with in terms of the contract. He has had some pressure because there is a new coaching staff and he is getting more comfortable with them. There was also the change in system which saw him seeing more good scoring opportunities against than he has in previous seasons because the Rangers went from a shot blocking team to more of an offensive flow team. I think he has gone through a lot of adjustments too.”
On Sweden, “I think they are definitely a contending medal team.

Read: Pierre McGuire Says To ?Beware Of The Rangers? | SNY Rangers Blog

Spot on, yesterday was a great game for us and everything was working. This could be the turning point to our season. Last night was a HUGE win.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BlackHawk game was good for the Rangers YES but they were up 2-0 on chicago and let themmback in the game, there is a mystery factor here. That first period play should have carried over in the second and it didnt. The Rangers should have beaten them like 3-1 but they were not back in control of the game until the 3rd goal was scored late in the third period

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a very dangerous team when Lundqvist & Nash are on their game. Those games have been far in between and few this season, but are becoming more common as of late.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a very dangerous team when Lundqvist & Nash are on their game. Those games have been far in between and few this season, but are becoming more common as of late.

it was 1 game until a see a consistant winning streak with Hank in net I will believe it, I know they can go on a winning streak with talbot

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was 1 game until a see a consistant winning streak with Hank in net I will believe it, I know they can go on a winning streak with talbot

I'm just saying if Lundqvist & Nash could play up to expectations then the Rangers have a very good team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont get me wrong the kids has skill but I have more faith in the people who have done it for years then I do with a goalie who has a hand full of starts

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong the kids has skill but I have more faith in the people who have done it for years then I do with a goalie who has a hand full of starts

Thank you. Spot on. It's okay to blow Talbot when he has a good game, but when Hank does, it's kind of ''fluky'' unreal.

And to add onto this post, here's more.

Are The Rangers About To Turn The Corner?

Ryan Callahan was asked by Pierre McGuire, after the Rangers beat Chicago, if he felt that the Rangers could use that win as a building block moving forward.
Callahan said that he hoped that would be the case and that consistency is something that the team is searching for.
Carl Hagelin said on the NHL Network that the Rangers have been playing a lot better lately and they are finally starting to play the way that they want to. He added that the Rangers win over the Leafs last Saturday has been a confidence booster and one where the Rangers had a good forecheck, something that is crucial to their success, all game long.
Marc Staal says that the Rangers effort and “emotional level” has been at a good level lately and that it’s showing on the bench and on the ice. He adds that the team is playing more desperate, tighter defensively and that when the guys have the proper level of emotion it can carry the team and lift guys up. (Daily News)
Mats Zuccarello said that there are no more excuses and that the Rangers need to find consistency. (Daily News)
Henrik Lundqvist said repeatedly during his chat with Michael Kay yesterday that the biggest issue for the team, and for him, has been consistency and they need to get it straightened out.
Pierre McGuire said yesterday that other teams need to beware of the Rangers moving forward. He says that the Rangers are much more comfortable in Alain Vigneault’s system right now and it’s showing.

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Hank isnt doing it this year and talbot is.....Hank having so many years he should be above 500.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Spot on. It's okay to blow Talbot when he has a good game, but when Hank does, it's kind of ''fluky'' unreal.

And to add onto this post, here's more.

Are The Rangers About To Turn The Corner?

more like spot on that you are not spot on......nobody is blowing anybody, watch the 2 goalies play and tell me who has the better focus and fundamentally more capable of stopping shots

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more like spot on that you are not spot on......nobody is blowing anybody, watch the 2 goalies play and tell me who has the better focus and fundamentally more capable of stopping shots

Except now hank has had three good games in a row yet to you he is a bum. Has Talbot even ever started three in a row.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add on to his high praise of our team, again.

On TSN 1050 this morning, Pierre McGuire spoke about the teams who are at the top of the Eastern Conference.
Pierre said that the teams in the East that “you need to be careful” of are Boston, Tampa, Pittsburgh and the Rangers with Montreal in the next tier.
On the Rangers, Pierre said “the New York Rangers…remember when we talked about ‘beware of the Rangers’ they are coming hard. What they did to Washington last night was not good for Washington and real good for the Rangers. The Rangers are really dangerous right now and they have won 7 of their last 10 games and they are going to be in a real good spot here.”

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to just think you really don't understand the game as well as you think you do.[/QUOTE]

Good! You keep thinking in your terms

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 minutes for unsportsmanlike to stealth

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u don't lose games on home ice up 2 for most of game like that... the team lacks leadership, pik up a defenseman, guy who's been around guarantee that never happens again

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the Rangers got for Del Zotto.