• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pierre Garcon a Legit #1 WR

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned starting a franchise and I went with that angle.

I absolutely love A. Brown and that would be a tough call. I remember a few years ago when Ladarius Webb got tired of everyone asking about Mike Wallace and said that Brown was the guy he was worried about. Steelers fans were up in arms (on the ESPN boards) and were saying Webb was trash talking. I got into several arguments with their fans saying I thought Brown was more dangerous than Wallace. I don't think I would get into many arguments now.

You're right...I obviously have more respect for him than the majority. Kinda funny since I absolutely hate the Redskins organization.

On a side note...I also actually defend RGIII more than most (although I've always fallen on the Luck side in that comparison). I love the kid and hope he succeeds. Snyder and Shanahan are absolutely useless in my mind, so I don't think he will.

Starting...okay, that would change up the list and knock out some of the names you mentioned...depending on how good the team his would determine it for me with Fitz...he probably has 3 more peak yrs. Djax would be a lock for me...he's a playmaker.

A Brown...I don't view him as a true #1...I really thought his production would suffer w/o Wallace, but he's top 10 in the league this yr...even though he's not sent on the go route much, he runs the full route tree, very quick with the ball in his hands, tougher than he looks.

Shanahan...imo, the worst decision Snyder made was hiring him...he did have a good run with a HOF qb, but aside from that...nothing...I'm not a Shanahan guy...going way back to Dan Reaves being the HC and Mike was the OC ore QB coach in DEN...he stabbed Reaves in the back basically and ended up with the job.

Reaves got ruffled when asked about that on local sportstalk radio a yr or so back.

But...I'm with you at least on Shanahan...I get the sense that they are saying...this read option OFC is what he knows, so we'll run what he knows for him to be successful.

RG3 seems quite capable of running a pro style OFC and maybe they are working towards him being in more of a pro set and run a few plays to use his legs from that, but he doesn't have the body to have designed running plays more than a few times a game. He's not Cam, or Kaep in terms of body type.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make an argument for all but Gordon. Putting him in this discussion is dumb IMO.

Seriously?

Pierre garçon- 61 rec/803 yards/3 td
Josh Gordon- 35 rec/626 yards/3 td
He did that with Brandon Weeden, a back up and a 3rd stringer after missing 2 games. Not to mention he's got 3 inches and 5 years younger. I wouldn't say it's dumb to put him in the top 20 receivers list at all.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon*

*See Justin Blackmon...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon*

*See Justin Blackmon...

Boy...we see it all the time, but I tell you as a parent...some kids you can talk to and they learn from what you've told them, other kids don't learn until you have to take all of their toys away (M. Vick)...but most of them eventually learn. Hopefully Blackmon will get back on the horse a little wiser.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I worded it completely wrong. Shouldn't have said starting a franchise because you are right that eliminates all of the older players. I should have said for one season right now based on talent alone these are the guys that I would take and yes I would take Blackmon and Gordon on talent alone over Garcon. They both have more upside and playmaking ability in my opinion than Garcon. When you throw in the full picture though probably wouldn't take either over Garcon.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon is a young gentleman and a talented receiver. One of my sons attended a couple of his parties and I am told he is a very congenial host.

But my most vivid recollection of him is when he dropped a wide open touchdown pass against the Saints during the first half of the Super Bowl. Had he scored, the outcome would have been different IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon isn't good. I don't get people pretending he is.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying...Garcon is better then.....lets say Calvin Johnson, or Cruz....Im just sayin.....He is a legit #1 receiver in this league and he doesnt get that recognition.....

As far as being the only weapon...that is the case with alot of receiveing corps as well...1 really good, and some so-so receivers.....Garcon is in that really good portion as well

Being #1 on a wide receiver poor team isn't really saying much. He would be #1 on a team like the Pats but not on teams like Green Bay, Denver and New Orleans and others.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe with a real QB throwing to him. Really garbage the third cannot even do something wrong right.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many legit #1 WRs in this league. Not even 10. Just because you're a team's #1 option doesn't mean you are a legit #1. Calvin, Green, Andre, Marshall, Fitz. Those are some legit #1s.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many legit #1 WRs in this league. Not even 10. Just because you're a team's #1 option doesn't mean you are a legit #1. Calvin, Green, Andre, Marshall, Fitz. Those are some legit #1s.

True, but put any of them on the lions and they're #2. So really Calvin is the only legit #1 and everyone else is #2.:suds:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but put any of them on the lions and they're #2. So really Calvin is the only legit #1 and everyone else is #2.:suds:

Very true :suds: Calvin is the greatest pure talent to ever play WR. Very lucky to have him play at Georgia Tech. It was too bad he played with the worst QB of all time there :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true :suds: Calvin is the greatest pure talent to ever play WR. Very lucky to have him play at Georgia Tech. It was too bad he played with the worst QB of all time there :L

How is it that Georgia Tech of all places has produced possibly 2 of the top 7 receivers in the NFL right now when they run that crazy Triple-Option and hardly ever throw it? This one still baffles me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will-Hill-rips-ball-from-Garcon-Redskins-Giants.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moss was much better.

If you count learned skills and intelligence he's not even the best today.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the 15-25th best WR a legit #1??

So when he had Peyton throwing to him, he was a #1 wr...but since he has a different QB, he isn't a #1? makes sense, I guess to someone other than me.