• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Pirelli Gran Premio de Espania, Circuit De Barcelonia-Catalunya, Barcelonia-Catalonia, Spain, May 20-22, 2022

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is currently one of F1 biggest gumflappers. Apparently a "pundit"...

I am more of a NASCAR fan when it comes to racing.

When it comes to IndyCar and F1 I watch the races, but don't pay much attention to the background stuff. Unless it involves someone named Andretti.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leclerc
Verstappen
Russell
Sainz

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a clusterfuck of a race. Everyone has reliability issues now, but the Mercedes definitely looked improved. Sucks for Checo. Too early to be funneling points to Max

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who won the "Driver of the Day" poll?

I voted for RUS

Lewis won it. Fair play. I considered voting for him.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who won the "Driver of the Day" poll?

I voted for RUS

Lewis won it. Fair play. I considered voting for him.
I didn’t see them announce and was genuinely curious given the number of impressive performances, both guys you mentioned included. I voted for Checo after his fastest lap

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lewis won.

Not bad for wanting to hit the showers after 8 turns.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verstappen takes the win followed by Perez for Red Bull to finish 1-2. Russell in the Mercs was 3rd and Sainz finished 4th. Hamilton finished 5th.

Hamilton wins the Driver-of-the-Day award.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
7 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win
forty_three: 12 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected Russell for Third Place; Correctly Selected Sainz for Fourth Place
Hank Kingsley: 7 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win
Obxyankee52: 0 points-Skunked
Retroram52: 0 points-Skunked
Schmoopy1000: 5 points-Correctly selected Russell for Third Place; Correctly selected Sainz for Fourth Place
Shaqdaddy11: 0 points-Did not play; By rule, Shaqdaddy is removed from competition privilege

2022 Season totals:

ckhokie:
33 points
forty_three: 29 points
Hank Kingsley: 47 points
Obxyankeefan: 29 points
Retroram52: 27 points
Schmoopy1000: 24 points

Next Race: Monaco Grand Prix, May 27-29, 2022, Memorial Day weekend.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to forty_three for taking the points total for the race. Hank still leads going into the Memorial Day weekend race in Monaco. ckhokie moves into Second place. We have a tie for Third. See everyone next week.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to forty_three for taking the points total for the race. Hank still leads going into the Memorial Day weekend race in Monaco. ckhokie moves into Second place. We have a tie for Third. See everyone next week.
I feel like a Williams driver - just happy with points lol

What a weird race. First half had plenty of interesting stuff then it just went right to snooze mode. Pretty shitty of Red Bull to yank a win out of Perez' hands, especially so early in a season. He did everything right and had to give it up to a guy who was screaming at the team (because he kept pushing the DRS button at the wrong time) and got bested by a gust of wind. I am so sick of Whiny Von Bitchboy.

Gotta feel for Charles. He can't be in a good frame of mind heading into Monaco.

Feels like Merc is almost there. They now have pace, just gotta dial in some reliability and this could become a 3 way fight.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02 on the "Green Red Bull" stuff.

Far be it from me to put a ton of stock in anything the FIA says, but they are confident that the Aston Martin design was in wind tunnel testing in November of last year based on evidence that AM provided. Before or around the time the 2 engineers moved from Red Bull to AM. Red Bull is screaming bloody murder and doing an internal investigation to see if the 2 took intellectual property.

But why is nobody asking whether the 2 engineers saw what AM was doing and described it to their former mates at RB? And then RB just managed to get it developed and on the car faster because they have a bigger budget and more development capacity? There is no way that Marko or Horner would be honest if they found that was exactly the case. So if they want to keep pushing it, there needs to be an independent investigation into it. Red Bull made a significant change between unveil and testing.

We might be looking at a Blue Aston Martin as much as a Green Red Bull.

Things that work get copied. Red Bull threw a fit about DAS because their design made it so they couldn't effectively copy the innovation. Make no mistake, if the no sidepod design was 3/4ths of a second faster, every car shows up within two weeks looking like they've been shrink wrapped.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on 43. I am convinced their is at least a lot of politics going on in F-1. At best your discovery is legitimate. Just look what they have done to Michael Andretti''s attempt to buy Sauber.

I am sure the same sort of scrutiny is going to be evident with Haas now that their two drivers are making consistent in-roads into the top ten at least during Qualifying. Haas was tolerated as long as they finished below 15th but now??...

Should be interesting to watch the brevity of bullshit RF-1 is permitting to exist!

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H
My .02 on the "Green Red Bull" stuff.

Far be it from me to put a ton of stock in anything the FIA says, but they are confident that the Aston Martin design was in wind tunnel testing in November of last year based on evidence that AM provided. Before or around the time the 2 engineers moved from Red Bull to AM. Red Bull is screaming bloody murder and doing an internal investigation to see if the 2 took intellectual property.

But why is nobody asking whether the 2 engineers saw what AM was doing and described it to their former mates at RB? And then RB just managed to get it developed and on the car faster because they have a bigger budget and more development capacity? There is no way that Marko or Horner would be honest if they found that was exactly the case. So if they want to keep pushing it, there needs to be an independent investigation into it. Red Bull made a significant change between unveil and testing.

We might be looking at a Blue Aston Martin as much as a Green Red Bull.

Things that work get copied. Red Bull threw a fit about DAS because their design made it so they couldn't effectively copy the innovation. Make no mistake, if the no sidepod design was 3/4ths of a second faster, every car shows up within two weeks looking like they've been shrink wrapped.
how would this make sense? The RB aero engineers went to AM, not the other way around. Who would be leaking AM design back to RB? They’d be making their jobs harder on themselves. And we’re going to give a new AM team the benefit of the doubt bringing in an upgrade package now vs Adrian Newey? What??

I get that RB doesn’t have a lot of fans here, but sheesh. Seems extremely far-fetched to think this was somehow RB copying AM - especially given the Racing Point Mercedes copy

Last edited:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bull planting double agents at Aston, a back-marking team with a history of copying other teams cars.

Y’all are crazy

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lewis won.

Not bad for wanting to hit the showers after 8 turns.

Do you blame him? He was 55 seconds down.

He had a car that should have podiumed but for a silly Dane. And cooling issues kept him from 4th. He had pace for a win.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hamilton's car required the emergency cooling with 3-4 laps left he had gone from 55 seconds down to less than 11 seconds behind Russell.

Amazing drive.