• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, Miami International Autodrome, AutoRacing Park, Miami, FLA, May 06-08, 2022

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Hamilton isnt used to playing 2nd fiddle.
They all knew Russell would get by on fresh tires but instead of letting him go he fought him the whole way, eliminating any chance of going to get the next car.
If this was reversed they would have told Russell to let Hamilton go.
Also whining about ‘strategy not going his way,’ when Russell just happened to get a fortunate pit under a safety car. No one has it out for you, Lewis. George is out-driving you

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0rr0gceulby81.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Hamilton isnt used to playing 2nd fiddle.
They all knew Russell would get by on fresh tires but instead of letting him go he fought him the whole way, eliminating any chance of going to get the next car.
If this was reversed they would have told Russell to let Hamilton go.

What were you watching? Russell got by with no real effort. And had to give the place back because he passed off track.

He was never going to get Perez.

And in this current orchestra, Russell is getting ALL the luck with safety cars, etc.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also whining about ‘strategy not going his way,’ when Russell just happened to get a fortunate pit under a safety car. No one has it out for you, Lewis. George is out-driving you

Just don't like him eh?

George is not out driving Lewis, he's out lucking him. You said so yourself just now.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were you watching? Russell got by with no real effort. And had to give the place back because he passed off track.

He was never going to get Perez.

And in this current orchestra, Russell is getting ALL the luck with safety cars, etc.
I understand you are a huge Hamilton fan, but your defending him at all costs does your opinion a disservice.
BTW I dont have anything against Hamilton, but definitely didnt let Russell go. Russell had to make the pass & Hamilton was racing him. Even though he knew it was gonna be inevitable.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't like him eh?

George is not out driving Lewis, he's out lucking him. You said so yourself just now.
Yeah Russell did get fortunate today, but Lewis is complaining on the radio like he’s not getting strategy preference. Is George out-lucking him in every race? I don’t think so. Like Schmoopy said, Russell made a legit pass on him today. Even with the SC stop, George drove the better race of the two

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you are a huge Hamilton fan, but your defending him at all costs does your opinion a disservice.
BTW I dont have anything against Hamilton, but definitely didnt let Russell go. Russell had to make the pass & Hamilton was racing him. Even though he knew it was gonna be inevitable.

Russell went around the outside too fast. Yes Lewis pushed him a bit wide but Lewis knew he was going to lose the position. He did nothing untoward and remember Bottas was right behind.

Can't see where Lewis is driving poorly. Out qualified him thrice, lost out to saftey cars luck thrice.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
12 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected LeClerc for Second Place
forty_three: 3 points-Correctly selected Sainz for Third Place
Hank Kingsley: 0 points-Skunked
Obxyankee52: 0 points-Skunked
Retroram52: 3 points-Correctly selected Sainz for Third Place
Schmoopy1000: 5 points-Correctly selected Sainz for Third Place; Correctly selected Perez for Fourth Place
Shaqdaddy11: 0 points-Did not play; That is two races he has not played.

2022 Season totals:

ckhokie:
26 points
forty_three: 17 points
Hank Kingsley: 40 points
Obxyankeefan: 29 points
Retroram52: 27 points
Schmoopy1000: 19 points
Shaqdaddy11: 0 points

Next Race: Pirelli Spanish Grand Prix, May 20-22, 2022

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Russell did get fortunate today, but Lewis is complaining on the radio like he’s not getting strategy preference. Is George out-lucking him in every race? I don’t think so. Like Schmoopy said, Russell made a legit pass on him today. Even with the SC stop, George drove the better race of the two

His comment was "stategy is killing me" or some such.

And his team said right away, it's a safety car.

George has gotten luck in 3 of the 5 races.

George started on hard tires and ran long. Made a correct call on hoping for luck.

But he never passed many cars. They all more or less just pitted before he did. I don't think either drove exceptionally well, aside from not making mistakes and bringing the car home. When he did pass Lewis there was no way he wasn't going to with the tires as they were.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ckhokie with the last-minute change takes the points for the race. Hank remains the points leader going into the Spanish Grand Prix in 2 weeks. See everyone then.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll kick a dead horse one more time.

Russell went from 12th to 15th on the start. Lewis went from 6th to 8th.

Lewis promptly passed Gasly and Alonso to regain his position.

Russell on his hard tires passed only 1 car on his rise through the field, Ricciardo. Everybody else retired or pitted.

His gap to Lewis stayed at 12-14 seconds until Lewis pitted. Then he went ahead and while Hamilton's hard tires warmed up he lost a bit of time to Russell.

Then safety car allowing Russell to pit with little pain and he comes out behind Lewis on new tires that are softer and 20 laps newer.

On restart they both close on Bottas and force him wide to take his spot.

Then with his fresher tires Russell passes Hamilton for P5. And Russell himself admits he caused to run wide by trying to give Lewis too much room.

Fortunate son.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to my favourite bakery on Friday.

Selected a couple of delectable Boston Cream donuts. A normal do nut with an extra wide hole, with a chocolate dip top and filled with the "Boston"
cream.

The store guy reach in with tongs to get the 2 I had selected (because some are bigger that others!). As he grabbed the farthest one of the 2 with the tongs and started the process of moving to the box I could tell it was an ill fated manoeuvre. He wasn't juggling it but it was slipping. It was going to go pear shaped!

He made a lunge for the box he had ready and clipped the edge as the do nut slipped off his tongs, did a neat little 360 because of it and landed in a perfect 3 point landing, OK 1 point, but perfect.

Lucky. Like George.

But not bad because of it. Very good in fact as is unlucky Lewis.

A clear #3 as a team right now. Just have to get off the schneid.

Ferarri seems to be slipping vis a vis Red Bull. If Red Bull finishes.

Long season.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch and read a lot of F1 analysis. Can’t say I’ve ever read a good F1 donut analogy