• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, Miami International Autodrome, AutoRacing Park, Miami, FLA, May 06-08, 2022

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a brand new AutoRacing Park circuit/park in Miami, Florida, the Grand Prix this week-end for F-1 is the first appearance of two for F-1 in the United States this year. The other being, of course, the race in Austin Texas at COTA. This brand new facility has a fabulous new wide circuit where speeds will be elevated as the curves are gentle and conducive to passing and the straightaways are pretty long.

I am not sure how this is going to impact IndyCar and the St. Petersburg race but now Miami has racing on an international level.

Mercedes has promised that this race will feature more upgrades to their cars so maybe we will see Russell and Hamilton in the top four positions at the end of the race. Should be fun and competitive.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this new venue in Miami is premo. The vid below is pretty detailed and I see these cars now have 8-speed transmissions which, the upper gears, will be used extensively on this track. The surface is like glass and it is very fast.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not seen P1 but MB seems to be back in the mix. Russell 7/100ths behind Leclerc. Hamilton .8 sec behind but never got his fast lap.

P2 on here in 30 minutes.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After P2 - Russell, Leclerc, Perez, Hamilton. Covered by .240 sec.

Do I get to do a Panzerwagon victory lap on Sunday??

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This jewellery thing is stupid. I don't wear any of that stuff but I mean really?

You can't even touch a car to get at a driver until the KERS thing is safe. but a bit of bling in a guys nose?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that Boat Pond looks like it was an attempt to have this venue be like Daytona with their Boat Pond. I agree Hank. Get that damn jewelry off your person. Damn young Euro Drivers have got to be the most pussified dudes on the planet.

Russell took P2 and Hamilton placed Fourth with the LeClerc's Ferrari and Perez's Red Bull in between. RB's Verstappen is struggling. We shall see what transpires in Qualifying.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that actually water in the pond? Looked to me like they parked some boats on trailers then built some kind of fake /Hollywood crap around them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that Boat Pond looks like it was an attempt to have this venue be like Daytona with their Boat Pond. I agree Hank. Get that damn jewelry off your person. Damn young Euro Drivers have got to be the most pussified dudes on the planet.

Russell took P2 and Hamilton placed Fourth with the LeClerc's Ferrari and Perez's Red Bull in between. RB's Verstappen is struggling. We shall see what transpires in Qualifying.

I'm not in the get jewellery off camp. I'm in the pick a better hill to die on camp.

Jewellery is so chickenshit in the grand scheme of things. Nothing at all to do with the price of eggs. No idea where your pussified comment came from or means.

And the boat pond is the lame attempt to be Monaco.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricciardo 14th
Haas 15th and 16th

Nobody I root for to pick 4th this week.:tsk:

I will go with

LEC
VER
PER
RUS

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that actually water in the pond? Looked to me like they parked some boats on trailers then built some kind of fake /Hollywood crap around them.
The entire track is fake Hollywood crap. The track itself is a parking lot with the curbs glued down, the paddock and garage area is temporary / portable, the infield has a fake sand beach and the "lake" is plywood with Automotive graphic wrap on it.
I'm not in the get jewellery off camp. I'm in the pick a better hill to die on camp.

Jewellery is so chickenshit in the grand scheme of things. Nothing at all to do with the price of eggs. No idea where your pussified comment came from or means.

And the boat pond is the lame attempt to be Monaco.
It's pretty stupid to throw a fit about how dangerous jewelry and underwear is especially when they ignored a god damned missile hitting 4 miles from a track just a month ago.

Everyone is surprisingly close and it looks like everyone is having trouble with grip. Granted, I have only watched Quali, so I could be way off. Even so, I expect some smashups.
I'll go:
LEC
VER
SAI
HAM

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with:

LeClerc
Verstappen
Sainz
Hamilton

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The faux-Miami vibe is a bit over the top with anyone who actually knows Miami, but that was bound to happen the moment they announced this thing was going to be in a parking lot in Miami Gardens. Miami Gardens is pretty shitty, and the city likely could have done better, location-wise. It’s clearly a made-for-international tv event.
Also, can we at least agree that if they were having thing in Hard Rocks parking lot, they really should have found a way to drive through the actual stadium? A couple turns in front of 60k (who already have viewing boards) would have been pretty cool

Unfortunately my guess is similar to some of the others
LEC
VER
PER
HAM

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Medland on Twitter there is an absolute gully washer thunderstorm at the track right now, so any grip that had been paid down onto the track will be gone.

In addition, all those poor boats are gonna get wet.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately my guess is similar to some of the others
LEC
VER
PER
HAM
I’ll actually swap Max and Charles just to mix it up.
VER, LEC, PER, HAM

TBD if tomorrow is a washout. May change again