• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - The United States Grand Prix, Circuit if the Americas, Austin, TX, October 20-22, 2023.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercedes has yet to get the new car right. They just are missing something and Hamilton has been screaming at his engineers ever since.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to know what Lewis did behind the scenes in recent weeks. Suddenly they wanted to add a second punishment to him after the "crossing the track" thing and then started saying "we can fine any driver a million dollars you know." Now they pull 4 cars out of 20 and find him out of compliance, essentially taking him out of 2nd in the driver's championship.

He must have pissed someone off royally.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is russells floor to specs?

Wouldnt it be weird to have one car in specs & the other out?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is russells floor to specs?

Wouldnt it be weird to have one car in specs & the other out?
When you test 4 cars and half are out of spec it stands to reason many more in the field are also out of spec, right? But they only tested those 4. Many cars moved up the order and didn't get tested.

I saw a good point last night, the track is on soft land and has gotten increasingly bumpy over the years. Because of that sprint mess, teams had one hour practice to get the setup right before going into parc ferme. Then two quali sessions and two races. It's no wonder the planks got beat up. And the reason they didn't test any more is they didn't want to have to DQ the entire field save the RedBulls and McLaren who have a higher ride height.

And let's not get started on the "random" test taking the podium and the pole sitter in. Clown show all around.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like NASCAR going woke (that is a complete clown show), F-1 is going slowly insane. It has become clear that the Sprint format is a complete waste of time and resources for the teams because it has no effect on increasing fannies in the stadium seats nor increasing revenue (which was the intent for its creation), they now have lost their minds with the new car regs and its enforcement. Much like what Tony Stewart did with NASCAR, apparently Hamilton has become a major target for the F-1 academy and their complete insanity!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Like NASCAR going woke (that is a complete clown show), F-1 is going slowly insane. It has become clear that the Sprint format is a complete waste of time and resources for the teams because it has no effect on increasing fannies in the stadium seats nor increasing revenue (which was the intent for its creation), they now have lost their minds with the new car regs and its enforcement. Much like what Tony Stewart did with NASCAR, apparently Hamilton has become a major target for the F-1 academy and their complete insanity!
F1 is clearly trying to milk every last dollar out of the brand and the product is starting to suffer greatly. The bullshit a couple races ago about having a max number of laps on tires before you MUST pit was insane. I want to see the best of the best mix of engineering and racing strategy. If that means Max wins every race this year, so be it. Adding more and more standard parts and mandatory designs, paired with common racing strategies annoy the hell out of me. If I wanted to watch the same chassis, I’d watch Indy

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F-1 is going to suffer the same disintegration as other racing circuits like IndyCar and NASCAR when both of the latter two started standardization of way too much of the car. One of the attractions of any race circuit is the idea of having DIFFERENT car brand manufacturers to enhance competition. Race fans want to see that their choices win on Race Day. If you continue to favor one driver with the same equipment as the other competitors, people get bored and find more important things to do with their time and money!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F-1 is going to suffer the same disintegration as other racing circuits like IndyCar and NASCAR when both of the latter two started standardization of way too much of the car. One of the attractions of any race circuit is the idea of having DIFFERENT car brand manufacturers to enhance competition. Race fans want to see that their choices win on Race Day. If you continue to favor one driver with the same equipment as the other competitors, people get bored and find more important things to do with their time and money!!
I used to watch NASCAR until they got too into WWE type story lines of this driver hates that driver.

I used to watch INDYCAR until some "amazing" storylines started to show up and the competition tanked in favor of the guy who would eventually own the biggest track on the series.

I was watching the Sprint race this weekend thinking to myself "Why am I watching this?". It's all manufactured BS to appeal to the Drive to Survive fans. And ultimately ruined the Sunday race.

I just want to watch the best drivers flogging the best equipment on the best tracks on earth. Is that too much to ask?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to watch NASCAR until they got too into WWE type story lines of this driver hates that driver.

I used to watch INDYCAR until some "amazing" storylines started to show up and the competition tanked in favor of the guy who would eventually own the biggest track on the series.

I was watching the Sprint race this weekend thinking to myself "Why am I watching this?". It's all manufactured BS to appeal to the Drive to Survive fans. And ultimately ruined the Sunday race.

I just want to watch the best drivers flogging the best equipment on the best tracks on earth. Is that too much to ask?

I remember back when the day of Monaco also held the coca Cola 600 and the Indy 500. 1,300 miles of motorsports.

I used to watch them all and possibly some playoff hockey as well.

Now it's just Monaco.