• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick plays got to go....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib got crushed on an illegal pick play. They're illegal for a reason... I know "every team does it" but in most cases the offensive player merely obstructs the defender and doesn't wipe him out. That play should have been flagged, but even if it had the damage was done.

I place the blame on Talib's injury on the league as much as on Welker and the Broncos.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the series before that edelman did the same thing to DRC.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By same thing do you mean a pick play or decleating him....Edelman's came after a completion which is 100% legal and 100% part of the game.

The biggest difference is Welker planned to take out Talib whereas Edelman hit a player in reaction to the play.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses Zzzzzz......

Hey ASSHOLE:

Excuse for what? I read no where in this post any assignment of result. This post is about the league allowing plays that are against their rules.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Belichick agrees with me. In his press conference this morning he went out of his way to say "the receiver" deliberately created the contact and that the play was a key play in the game.

There's your excuse grim...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, Fox thought "I should send my 180 lb, concussion prone receiver to take out Talib." Don't be stupid, like Belichick. Don't pretend the Patriots are all full of goodness and never run pick plays which can result in dangerous hits. It sucks what happened to Talib but don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. If I am Kraft I am telling Belichick to shut up about Welker and answer why the pats have not won a SB in 10 years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am Kraft I am telling Belichick to shut up about Welker and answer why the pats have not won a SB in 10 years.

I keep reading this quote...

How long has it been since the Broncos have been in a SB?
Do the Broncos go to the AFC Championship 2 out of every 3 years???
Does any team?
Oh, Kraft should be threatening Belichick's job security...

vindicare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that was a little different but it was close to a block in the back (or I think it was) I highly doubt welker was trying to hurt talib but that should have been flagged. The nfl needs to look at those plays. If you are gonna coddle wr you need to protect the defensive backs to a degree too.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, Fox thought "I should send my 180 lb, concussion prone receiver to take out Talib." Don't be stupid, like Belichick. Don't pretend the Patriots are all full of goodness and never run pick plays which can result in dangerous hits. It sucks what happened to Talib but don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. If I am Kraft I am telling Belichick to shut up about Welker and answer why the pats have not won a SB in 10 years.

I could be wrong but I thought I blamed THE LEAGUE. The illegal "pick" is the biggest joke in the rule book.

I don't like the play when my team runs it. I don't like it when other teams run it, though the variant Welker executed is the worst...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading this quote...

How long has it been since the Broncos have been in a SB?
Do the Broncos go to the AFC Championship 2 out of every 3 years???
Does any team?
Oh, Kraft should be threatening Belichick's job security...

You meant three out of the last three!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I thought I blamed THE LEAGUE. The illegal "pick" is the biggest joke in the rule book.

I don't like the play when my team runs it. I don't like it when other teams run it, though the variant Welker executed is the worst...

The fix is after game fines/suspensions. The refs can't always pick up the plays when watching trees weave through the forest.

Anyone who thinks fines are too much need to consider rules are being blatantly disregarded and even mocked.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wes went to try and hurt Talib, that is a bit far fetched. I am sure he wanted to give him a dam good shot, and he happen to knock him out of the game. In my book that was the 2nd illegal pick play ran by Wes. NE was called for it the drive before with Devlin, who hardly hit the defender. I mean whatever now. Not like the offense could do anything anyway....Talib needs to have his head on a swivel better than he did. It was just a freak hit, that is all. If Talib comes back, its a non story..

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wes went to try and hurt Talib, that is a bit far fetched. I am sure he wanted to give him a dam good shot, and he happen to knock him out of the game. In my book that was the 2nd illegal pick play ran by Wes. NE was called for it the drive before with Devlin, who hardly hit the defender. I mean whatever now. Not like the offense could do anything anyway....Talib needs to have his head on a swivel better than he did. It was just a freak hit, that is all. If Talib comes back, its a non story..

I don't disagree. My point is "illegal picks" happen because teams choose to use them, despite the fact that they're illegal and the league takes no action.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. My point is "illegal picks" happen because teams choose to use them, despite the fact that they're illegal and the league takes no action.

Could not agree more man.....They have to go. In order to hit someone coming over the middle, they have to be looking at you, if not a good push to someone who is not looking will work just fine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib got crushed on an illegal pick play. They're illegal for a reason... I know "every team does it" but in most cases the offensive player merely obstructs the defender and doesn't wipe him out. That play should have been flagged, but even if it had the damage was done.

I place the blame on Talib's injury on the league as much as on Welker and the Broncos.

Hines Ward has wiped out a couple of players on pick plays...and he was intending on a meaningful hit...seeing the play several times now, I don't think there was intent to injury on the Welker hit.

To make the pick play illegal I think is OTT as long as the contact is not in the head or head area...

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hines Ward has wiped out a couple of players on pick plays...and he was intending on a meaningful hit...seeing the play several times now, I don't think there was intent to injury on the Welker hit.

To make the pick play illegal I think is OTT as long as the contact is not in the head or head area...

That was certainly deliberate because he turned his body and nailed him with his shoulder. Uf he had been looking at the QB or tried to avoid Talib it would have been less violent. In many ways except for the fact there was no head hit Talib was defenseless since he was concentrating on coverage. Talib never saw it coming. Was he trying to hurt Talib? I doubt that but the contact was deliberate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By same thing do you mean a pick play or decleating him....Edelman's came after a completion which is 100% legal and 100% part of the game.

The biggest difference is Welker planned to take out Talib whereas Edelman hit a player in reaction to the play.

Oh come on.. We don't know this at all.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh come on.. We don't know this at all.

I do because I watched the game. See it as you want... The Edelman hit came several steps after the reception was made. The Welker hit came before the almost reception. If you don't think that's a big distinction you don't know much about football.