• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly fan thought on game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got to watch the game this afternoon. Because it wasn't televised live where I live and had to wait for the NFL Network replay...

Bear in mind (no pun intended), I did not watch the 2nd half. I can't be bothered with watching a field full of guys who likely won't make the final roster.

The good
The 1st team run defense looked stout, on both inside and outside runs. The only big (10+ yard) run I saw by Chicago's starters was called back due to a holding penalty.

Special teams looked great across the board: Kickoff and punt coverage, the blocked field goal, and the big return by Josh Huff.

Mark Sanchez looked sharp. I was excited about the signing and I don't expect him to disappoint.

Sproles still looks quick. I was very happy to see Momah line up wide with the starters.

Beau Allen looks like a solid pick up for a 7th round pick.

The bad & the ugly
The Chicago Bears 1st team defensive front manhandled Philadelphia's 1st team offensive line. Evan Mathis got his ass handed to him by Stephen Paea.

Very sloppy and poorly disciplined play by the starters:
- Facemask by Jeremy Maclin
- Two holds by Evan Mathis
- Penalty by Jason Peters
- Illegal contact by DeMeco Ryans
- Defensive holding on Brandon Boykin

1st team pass rush was minimal at best. And once Chicago's receivers got 10-15 yards downfield, the defensive backs looked overmatched.

DeMeco Ryans got beat on two separate Jay Cutler passes - including the opening touchdown throw to Zach Miller.

And of course, Nick Foles two interceptions (could have been three). Which were all thrown while under heavy pressure... because the offensive line simply did not look game day ready.

down_dis.png
up_dis.png

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I totally agree with some of his "the good" but it was/is hard to argue with is "the bad".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I totally agree with some of his "the good" but it was/is hard to argue with is "the bad".
I always find it interesting to see what our opponents think. I think this guy seems reasonable. Altho he sounded disappointed that our WRs over matched his secondary 10 to 15 yards down field. But the league needs to get used to that.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it interesting to see what our opponents think. I think this guy seems reasonable. Altho he sounded disappointed that our WRs over matched his secondary 10 to 15 yards down field. But the league needs to get used to that.

That's right noony. Our receivers should have their way quite a bit this season.

The Green Bastard

rat #442 from the SS KFFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad & the ugly
The Chicago Bears 1st team defensive front manhandled Philadelphia's 1st team offensive line. Evan Mathis got his ass handed to him by Stephen Paea.

Man, how refreshing - and desperately needed - is THAT? Please let this be the year Paea stays healthy and things start 'clicking' for him. If that happens, and Ratliff can hold off Father Time one more year and Sutton & Ferguson develop like everyone hopes... could be a monster inside front.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, how refreshing - and desperately needed - is THAT? Please let this be the year Paea stays healthy and things start 'clicking' for him. If that happens, and Ratliff can hold off Father Time one more year and Sutton & Ferguson develop like everyone hopes... could be a monster inside front.

Hell yes! If Paea can stay healthy that would be a huge lift fir the DLine.