• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies want Sizemore!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grady Sizemore was released by the Red Sox. He is shell of a player that he once was. His hitting is close to the Mendosa line. Even his fielding has declined. In his defense these things didn't happen until he had various injuries. But when you consider that the Red Sox need outfielders in a dramatic way his release must tell one something! However if the Phillies sign him then he would probably be replacing Tony Gwynn Jr and that would not be a bad thing. However I would rather see a minor leaguer be called up who my have a chance at hitting at least .250 and would also be younger.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helllll nooooo! We've seen enough mendoza characters on this team just in the past year. How can a .200 hitter believe that he's a major leaguer? If Amaro signs him, I'm asking Little Joey to pay'em a visit since Tight Lips is still in the can.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Darin Ruf should be available soon. I'd rather keep Gwynn because he is a guy that is probably more willing to be shuttled back and forth to the minors. At this point Mayberry even though he is more of a platoon player is still better overall than Sizemore. But Ideally, if Revere is injured or they don't want to start him every game I'd rather see Ruf come back and play left and let Byrd play center. He seems like he still has the legs to do it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why we have a need for him. I guess if he was willing to play AAA for a while, there's no risk, but I hope it doesn't make the FO think that Mayberry is expandable for cash considerations or some bullshit.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sizemore has nothing to offer. His knee are gone, ..his back is ruined and he has had 7 surgeries since 2009. The fact that Amaro is talking to his agent is bothering me. It doesn't matter if he is cheap because we do not need him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the prevailing sentiment on this thread. We have a good mix of young and old and we are beginning to gel and play great baseball. If we need a replacement, go to the farm not some aging cast-off from another team. I swear, Amaro just cannot go any length of time experiencing good things happening without having the need to eff it up with yet another brain-dead move like this.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why we have a need for him. I guess if he was willing to play AAA for a while, there's no risk, but I hope it doesn't make the FO think that Mayberry is expandable for cash considerations or some bullshit.

The real problem was that with Victorino's injury and Nava's demotion, Sizemore's been playing nearly every day. Also, Farrell's a clown of epic proportions.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, who doesn't want more size?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem was that with Victorino's injury and Nava's demotion, Sizemore's been playing nearly every day. Also, Farrell's a clown of epic proportions.

We have a guy called Amaro that fits the same description. Maybe the circus would hire them!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro will call him up in no time. He now has another blocker to keep Ruf on the farm.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, doesn't make any sense. Amaro has a stiffy for aging vets and he just can't let it go.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, doesn't make any sense. Amaro has a stiffy for aging vets and he just can't let it go.

All of his aging vets are panning out. It's the kids who aren't pulling their weight.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of his aging vets are panning out. It's the kids who aren't pulling their weight.

Hello limp dick. What brings you to Sports SportsHoopla?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious Macho Row? Against the Cards Asche and Rupp were our offense for the most part and that bullpen with a host of young guys are really coming on. Guys like Giles, Diekman, Hollands, De Fratus, and Papelbon. Granted Jimmy Rollins is playing great and so is Howard and Ruiz to some degree but Utely is having a terrible season going 3 for 23 at bat and dropping pop flys three times in two games.

Byrd is really playing great and Revere is equivocal. The same could be stated for Mayberry. You have a point with Dom Brown who has fallen into a cravasse. Overall, I think our young guys are really coming around.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious Macho Row? Against the Cards Asche and Rupp were our offense for the most part and that bullpen with a host of young guys are really coming on. Guys like Giles, Diekman, Hollands, De Fratus, and Papelbon. Granted Jimmy Rollins is playing great and so is Howard and Ruiz to some degree but Utely is having a terrible season going 3 for 23 at bat and dropping pop flys three times in two games.

Byrd is really playing great and Revere is equivocal. The same could be stated for Mayberry. You have a point with Dom Brown who has fallen into a cravasse. Overall, I think our young guys are really coming around.

I'm dead serious. The guys who have been performing all season are Rollins, Chooch, Byrd, Howard and Utley.

Despite Chase's recent struggles he has been having a very good season. He's hit a rough patch thats it. He's been driving in runs, getting in position to score and helping drive this team.

Mayberry isnt one of the young guys, while being arguably the best pinch hitter in baseball this season, he's on the wrong side of 30. Rupp had one good series. Asche, like I said, was the one exception, even with his defensive struggles and inconsistency at the plate.

The bullpen has only been good of late. The entire begining of the season they were a liability and part of the reason we are in the spot we are. Aj has the most W's of the starters at 5. Due largely to the the bullpen not being able to hold leads. Papelbon is also not a young guy, he's 33.

The "old guys" have been driving this team. Their youth has been a liability. While alot of it is to be expected due to their lack of experience, the vets are not why this team is sitting below .500, its the younger guys.

Even if Chooch was horrible with the bat, I'll take what I can with him, he calls one of the best games in MLB. But even his bat has been good.

That serious enough?