• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Phillies 2019 Spring Training games

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky you! Hope Phillies win!

And boy did they. Than again....it was the Orioles. Was like watching them against the bad news bears at points.

I’m thinking after an up close watch that it’s going to be a somewhat slow start. McCutchen and Segura look good up top. Harper was swatting flies all damn day....but he will find it.

The rest of the batting lineup......was a good bit of hit and miss.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that Thursday's lineup will look a lot like this, with Nola obviously at the 9 spot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make any suggestions to that idiot manager because he'll find a way to eff this up I am quite sure.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just going to upset Retro with talk like that!

LOL. Yeah, that was my idea. He knows everything I say represents extreme hope and bold overconfidence with frequent images of pink elephants flying around in my back yard. That’s the way I like it. I mean, we might the Series four years in a row with all this talent. Let me grab another brew. :suds:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah, that was my idea. He knows everything I say represents extreme hope and bold overconfidence with frequent images of pink elephants flying around in my back yard. That’s the way I like it. I mean, we might the Series four years in a row with all this talent. Let me grab another brew. :suds:
Rhys likes Yuengling Beer. They signed him to do promotional events. However, it was his favorite beer even before they signed him. Made in PA .

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the CSN special “Signing Harper” on same channel Thursday at 1 PM. Interesting look at the ups and downs by all sides over three months thinking they might have him, might not, what about huge value of the LA/SF short term signings, relive the excitement on hearing the news.

Apparently, Middletown went three routes, short and longer both high value, and real long term a lower value, and no one could match all of those choices. Harper was really honest about staying Philly long term for family reasons, etc. Many of us never saw that happening.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhys likes Yuengling Beer. They signed him to do promotional events. However, it was his favorite beer even before they signed him. Made in PA .

Yuengling might be bottled in PA but the brewery was bought by a Scandanavian company. The reason I know this is because I used to purchase Yuengling Honey Browns out here in Phoenix. One day I walked in to the store to get some more and was told that Yuengling beer was no longer sold past the Mississippi because of the purchase. WTH? I nearly went off.