• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Winnipeg Jets 11/15/13 | 8:00pm

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like the coots line.. they do good work on the offensive zone.. not scoring a ton, but they grind hard.. i like it

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woo add another 35 minutes to the delay! what kind of flight gets delayed over 2 hours "awaiting arrival of crew"? and how does that flight keep getting pushed out? shouldn't you know when your people are late?

i'll be watching the 3rd now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn very strong tonight. Especially in OT. Great ot from the flyers. Very impressed at the end of a 3 in 4. Hate the shootout. Cmon flyers. Get it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off, Berube. Timonen?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn what a game and the Jets get three-straight games won by shoot-outs. We played pretty good but came up short on the shoot-out. Minor set-back. Onward we go 7-11.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gah.. the shootout is so stupid. i hate it so much.

i was gunna question the timonen choice too. but at the same time, who goes ahead of him other than voracek? simmonds and hartnell would probably fall all over themselves.. downie maybe? coots maybe? i dont completely hate going to timonen there

flyers looked gassed in the 3rd

5 out of 6 points on a tough 3 in 4 and 3-0-1 in the last 4.. i'll take it.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Never put Simmonds in the shootout. Ever.

I would have put in Hartnell, Couturier, Voracek or Downie. At least we got a point and get a much deserved multi-day break.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good that we got at least one point but it stings somewhat not being able to close the deal - I thought we had them right where we wanted, it was 2-1 and they had a chance to extend the lead and sat back too much

They do deserve this break though, tough stretch of games

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to see a point go out the window obviously, but it's almost like fucking Winnipeg plays for the shootout because they're so damn good at it. I was surprised that Mason was even able to stop three of their shooters. We actually had a couple decent chances to win that shootout thanks to Mason and G.

It's annoying knowing that the Jets had scored just one power play goal in their last 15 games and yet they scored two in this game alone. Can we get a man on Byfuglien for God's sake? Double team him if you must. Still, a pretty solid effort, I just thought the Jets fed off their crowd big time and it gave them an extra adrenaline rush in the third when we sort of hit a wall. Then we caught our breathe before OT and really turned it on.

All in all, this is a different team. We handle adversity way better now than we did earlier this season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to see a point go out the window obviously, but it's almost like fucking Winnipeg plays for the shootout because they're so damn good at it. I was surprised that Mason was even able to stop three of their shooters. We actually had a couple decent chances to win that shootout thanks to Mason and G.

It's annoying knowing that the Jets had scored just one power play goal in their last 15 games and yet they scored two in this game alone. Can we get a man on Byfuglien for God's sake? Double team him if you must. Still, a pretty solid effort, I just thought the Jets fed off their crowd big time and it gave them an extra adrenaline rush in the third when we sort of hit a wall. Then we caught our breathe before OT and really turned it on.

All in all, this is a different team. We handle adversity way better now than we did earlier this season.

I wish they would have put Braydon Coburn instead of Kimmo Timonen in the shootout - Braydon Coburn had like four or five chances to win it in OT, he almost single handedly willed them to victory - he was going hot and it would have been nice to give him a shot, if they wanted to go with a defenseman

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would have put Braydon Coburn instead of Kimmo Timonen in the shootout - Braydon Coburn had like four or five chances to win it in OT, he almost single handedly willed them to victory - he was going hot and it would have been nice to give him a shot, if they wanted to go with a defenseman

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but Timonen is one of the oldest, least hot players on our entire fucking roster and on top of that, he's a defenseman that doesn't score. I hate to point it out, but it was a fail to have him shoot at all.

I would've sent out Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds and even Hall all ahead of Timonen. They're all forwards and they all either have better shootout numbers and/or are more offensively gifted than Kimmo. I can't argue with a selection of Coburn either just because I do feel like you go with your best statistical guys, then mix in the ones that are hot at the moment, which does not apply to Timonen.

You can never argue with giving the guy that has been the best offensive player as of late on that particular night the next shot in a shootout. Think of it as rewarding him for his efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but Timonen is one of the oldest, least hot players on our entire fucking roster and on top of that, he's a defenseman that doesn't score. I hate to point it out, but it was a fail to have him shoot at all.

I would've sent out Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds and even Hall all ahead of Timonen. They're all forwards and they all either have better shootout numbers and/or are more offensively gifted than Kimmo. I can't argue with a selection of Coburn either just because I do feel like you go with your best statistical guys, then mix in the ones that are hot at the moment, which does not apply to Timonen.

You can never argue with giving the guy that has been the best offensive player as of late on that particular night the next shot in a shootout. Think of it as rewarding him for his efforts.

They could have even given Mark Streit a shot - he's gifted offensively and might have done something - oh well, they shouldn't have been in that spot anyway, 2-1 lead in the 3rd, they have to push and go for the third goal or at least stay out of the box and don't give them a chance to tie it on the PP