• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers 3/26/14 | 8:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man oh man

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over. If we lose Friday...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen better games from the flyers.

I feel like the best strategy in Rangers games is to just run someone hard on the first shift, penalty or not, get the blood boiling. I like the flyers chances in a special teams fest, even strength, they don't inspire much confidence against hank.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen better games from the flyers.

I feel like the best strategy in Rangers games is to just run someone hard on the first shift, penalty or not, get the blood boiling. I like the flyers chances in a special teams fest, even strength, they don't inspire much confidence against hank.

Yeah honestly, it's not like the Rangers have a dominant offense - they have some good pieces but it's not like they scored a bunch of goals - in a game where the Flyers were bad, Mase kept them in this all game long

Someone needs to just run Henrik Lundqvist for once

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rags up 3 points,but we have 2 games in hand.
IMO,there is no fucking way,they should lose to the Leafs on Friday.With the Bruins coming in for Sundays' matinee,they better getting their shit together.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game due to employment and the outcome was less than desirable. I sense a letdown after the 5-game winning streak and the Flyers must re-group or they are going to be on the out looking in.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had some chances but no breaks while everything was bouncing for the rags. They'll get the train rolling again plus the rags go on the road....

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Flyers really shit the bed on this one. Despite outshooting the Rags, few of those shots were quality chances, although Hall had one that reminded me why I never thought he should be an every game player - he has no offensive game what-so-ever. He's a 13th forward. Overall a pathetic effort.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Flyers really shit the bed on this one. Despite outshooting the Rags, few of those shots were quality chances, although Hall had one that reminded me why I never thought he should be an every game player - he has no offensive game what-so-ever. He's a 13th forward. Overall a pathetic effort.

while i agree with your analysis, i thought he was one of the better flyers last night. unfortunately, him working for, and getting, prime scoring chances is pretty useless.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing game last night out worked out hit out hustled and out coached.

How in the world do we get pushed around by the smallest team in the league

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my thoughts...

i am a Vinny supporter, but may have been one of his worst games as a Flyer

Brayden and Luke both were miserable

Voracek shoots and scores...why aren't people in his head to shoot more, infuriates me, way too many shots were passed up for the prettier play last night.

Mason played well, could have been 5+ let in.

....people hate on Downie, yet the Couterier and Read line is a non factor without him. Wouldn't mind seeing Akeson or Cousins get a turn up here in replace of.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts...

i am a Vinny supporter, but may have been one of his worst games as a Flyer

Brayden and Luke both were miserable

Voracek shoots and scores...why aren't people in his head to shoot more, infuriates me, way too many shots were passed up for the prettier play last night.

Mason played well, could have been 5+ let in.

....people hate on Downie, yet the Couterier and Read line is a non factor without him. Wouldn't mind seeing Akeson or Cousins get a turn up here in replace of.

Gee's disappearing act every time we play them has to be mentioned in somewhere.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gee's disappearing act every time we play them has to be mentioned in somewhere.

yes he was on my bottom 5, i meant to mention him in the voracek comment.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers need more 5 on 5 support for the top line. when they play against teams with a shutdown pair the caliber of girardi/mcdonagh, they're going to have a tough time. the top line got shut down, and the flyers had very few chances 5 on 5.

fortunately, not many teams have a shutdown pair the caliber of girardi/mcdonagh. home ice would be extremely important in a series against the rangers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers need more 5 on 5 support for the top line. when they play against teams with a shutdown pair the caliber of girardi/mcdonagh, they're going to have a tough time. the top line got shut down, and the flyers had very few chances 5 on 5.

fortunately, not many teams have a shutdown pair the caliber of girardi/mcdonagh. home ice would be extremely important in a series against the rangers.

Here's a thought for Berube. When we face a shutdown pair like Girardi and McDonah why not soft dump into the corner and pound them everytime they touch it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought for Berube. When we face a shutdown pair like Girardi and McDonah why not soft dump into the corner and pound them everytime they touch it.

i dont hate it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mentioned this before last night but against McDonagh/Girardi, Craig Berube should put G with Reader and Couts - it gives the line more speed and it gives them a big defensive presence with Couts, who might be able to defend McDonagh/Girardi - and it will allow G and Reader to use their speed to get past the defenders and have better scoring chances

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree with your analysis, i thought he was one of the better flyers last night. unfortunately, him working for, and getting, prime scoring chances is pretty useless.

I know you and I disagree on Hall's net value, awaz. I won't try to change your mind. :lol::suds:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's times like when the Flyers face a shutdown pairing such as Girardi/McDonagh that it's incredibly important that they're rolling more than one or two lines capable of putting the puck in the net.