• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil emery. Fire him

• Thread starter cubzzzfanincali
  • Start date
C

cubzzzfanincali

At the end of the day, this is on Phil Emery more than anyone. Mel tucker is window dressing. So is Trestman. There's little material harm to this season - as if it matters anyway - to firing the guy that made this team. Better to get a new guy in there now rather than wait until January.

Fire Phil Emery now.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. This team has talent all over the field. I think trestman, tucker, kromer are more to blame. That and the team completely quitting.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Remind me. Who hired those guys?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. This team has talent all over the field. I think trestman, tucker, kromer are more to blame. That and the team completely quitting.

I agree. The Bears are in need of major coaching changes, and the sooner the better.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Emery has done a very mixed job on personnel. His drafts have mostly sucked, although this years seems ok. Otherwise he has sucked. And he is the guy in charge of the coaching. And since is sucks systematically, why do we think he can pick the next batch?

Not another Angelo. Let's just recognize the obvious and start over rather than waste more time. I'm not going to live forever.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this offensive talent imagine what a Manning or Brady could do. This defense though...

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Bears are in need of major coaching changes, and the sooner the better.

Start with Mel Tucker. Giving up 42 points before halftime? He should be gone tomorrow.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me. Who hired those guys?

Well, if your taking the shit rolls uphill approach it'd be one of Virginia's offspring and or Ted Phillips.

Seems like you just want to stop partway up the food chain though. If you think he's that bad, shouldn't the guy responsible for hiring him be fired too?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't think the owner can be fired.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to go the Cubs' route. Build a team from within, rather than continually trying to band-aid a broken product.

C

cubzzzfanincali

All three phases clearly have given up on Trestman. Emery hasn't done anything to convince me he can put the team together, somewhat is the point of letting him buy time for more paychecks by just switching coaches?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
house cleaning should start tomorrow. from the top down

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shown an absolute inability to do anything effective defensively. Seriously, outside of the Fuller pick, none of his guys have done anything. Willie Young was a good signing, but it's outweighed by the Allen and Houston failures. Outside of Wide Receiver, his tenure has been a hopeless failure. Even the OL which once looked promising looks awful now.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fire all the players under contract...so Tucker, his enabler Trestman, should be gone now.
We are not going to the playoffs, next season starts now...

Emery fate should be determined when the season is over.