• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Almost Back?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson always part of Lakers family - Los Angeles Lakers Blog - ESPN Los Angeles

Interesting article regarding Phil Jackson and his current relationship with the Lakers. I've been on record numerous times with the opinion that the front office blew it back in November by not rehiring Phil. I think he is one of the greatest minds in basketball. I take (or maybe hope) from this article that Phil will be officially back in the Lakers organization in some capacity sooner than later. The sooner time frame practically guarantees Dwight Howard stays with the Lakers in my opinion.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that article and it makes me feel a little better about the direction of the team if Phil is involved!!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, when I saw this earlier I literally let out a huge sigh of relief. I love having him there as a consultant. I'd like for it to be more than that, but atleast he's a part of the process in some way. Now with this said, apparently Phil and Mitch are cool, but it's another issue with the guy with the final say-so...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, when I saw this earlier I literally let out a huge sigh of relief. I love having him there as a consultant. I'd like for it to be more than that, but atleast he's a part of the process in some way. Now with this said, apparently Phil and Mitch are cool, but it's another issue with the guy with the final say-so...

if i say his name i'll probably nix the whole deal, but i agree. this clown REALLY needs to grow up, see the bigger picture, and put his personality conflict aside for the greater good of the organization...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see this as a blown learning opportunity for Jim Buss. Buss is still relatively young (early 50s). Why not bring in Phil as coach/executive and learn from a brilliant mind (not just basketball by the way)? You are going to outlast Phil. You'll still be running the team long after Phil has decided that he's had enough. You will then have had the opportunity to have been around Jerry West, Jerry Buss, Mitch, and Phil.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a blown learning opportunity for Jim Buss. Buss is still relatively young (early 50s). Why not bring in Phil as coach/executive and learn from a brilliant mind (not just basketball by the way)? You are going to outlast Phil. You'll still be running the team long after Phil has decided that he's had enough. You will then have had the opportunity to have been around Jerry West, Jerry Buss, Mitch, and Phil.

And Mike D'Antoni!! :becky: