• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phidarian Mathis and Chris Paul

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any word on the status of Phidarian Mathis or Chris Paul? I know Phidarian tore an MCL but have not seen any updates on him in a while. Also, though Chris Paul was a 7th round pick it would be nice to know how he is developing or what he has been showing in practice (if anything) since the line is in such bad shape.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis is done for the year. Supposedly Paul has shown well in practice and the other players rave about him and his potential.

Wish I could give you a source on Paul, but I want to say I heard that on one of JP Finlay's podcast.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In several early on interviews Rivera spoke highly of Paul. Nothing since. Might be a good time to pick up Flowers for the remainder of the season. I will say this, in my humble opinion Flowers showed much much better during his time here than either Turner or Norwell. Larson is average and no Rollier. Our interior Oline is weak at the moment. Really like the tackle combination of Leno, Cosmi and Lucas.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft will need to address the interior o/line at all 3 positions

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In several early on interviews Rivera spoke highly of Paul. Nothing since. Might be a good time to pick up Flowers for the remainder of the season. I will say this, in my humble opinion Flowers showed much much better during his time here than either Turner or Norwell. Larson is average and no Rollier. Our interior Oline is weak at the moment. Really like the tackle combination of Leno, Cosmi and Lucas.

Our draft will need to address the interior o/line at all 3 positions

Agree, makes me wonder if they will use a 2-4 round pick to address the line. I'm hoping Cosmi comes back to form, but not having Scherff next to him seemed to make him less effective early in the season from what I remember before he got injured. I also read they might move him inside to guard, or more likely that was a suggestion by some sports writer.

My other things to address in the draft (other than QB of course) would be LB, another CB, and TE. Feel we are set at WR and RB, and the emergence of Defoe helps alot with Safety. That kid had a hell of a game Monday Night.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, makes me wonder if they will use a 2-4 round pick to address the line. I'm hoping Cosmi comes back to form, but not having Scherff next to him seemed to make him less effective early in the season from what I remember before he got injured. I also read they might move him inside to guard, or more likely that was a suggestion by some sports writer.

My other things to address in the draft (other than QB of course) would be LB, another CB, and TE. Feel we are set at WR and RB, and the emergence of Defoe helps alot with Safety. That kid had a hell of a game Monday Night.
If we move CosmI ( which we should in my opinion ) then an OT is in play

qb has to be in play cb and lb are In play

we could use a Te but I think we can put that off if rodgers and turner develop ( gamble )

we are set at safety