• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA...Glory's Last Stand

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet your dam hat that Mickelson was pissed on 18. You saw his reaction to Rory after Phil hit to 18 green in 2. He walked up the fairway and didn't waive Rory on at all. He was trying to focus on making eagle, not worry about whether Rory could finish. It's the player's decision to have a group play up or through - and Rory asked Rickie on 18 tee if they could join. Rickie said yes and Phil was already down the walk path to his tee shot.

And after Phil and Rickie finished and were shaking hands, the camera got too close again and Mickelson snapped at him - so he was ticked for sure.

In some ways, I see where Phil's coming from. And I also see why Rory was hurrying. Rory was waiting on Phil and Rickie all day - and it almost cost Rory on his T-shot on 18. He was rushing to the clubhouse. But Phil had every right to focus solely on trying to tie Rory by making eagle.

Did Phil go off in the media room? No he downplayed the whole thing, which was smart otherwise everyone puts him in the sore loser category.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet your dam hat that Mickelson was pissed on 18. You saw his reaction to Rory after Phil hit to 18 green in 2. He walked up the fairway and didn't waive Rory on at all. He was trying to focus on making eagle, not worry about whether Rory could finish. It's the player's decision to have a group play up or through - and Rory asked Rickie on 18 tee if they could join. Rickie said yes and Phil was already down the walk path to his tee shot.

And after Phil and Rickie finished and were shaking hands, the camera got too close again and Mickelson snapped at him - so he was ticked for sure.

In some ways, I see where Phil's coming from. And I also see why Rory was hurrying. Rory was waiting on Phil and Rickie all day - and it almost cost Rory on his T-shot on 18. He was rushing to the clubhouse. But Phil had every right to focus solely on trying to tie Rory by making eagle.

Did Phil go off in the media room? No he downplayed the whole thing, which was smart otherwise everyone puts him in the sore loser category.

Yep; saw it all! He was not amused, but he caused a lot of his own grief playing so slowly! It was really bunched up there at the end! The officials should have made these knuckleheads get on with it with almost a 2 hour delay! What happened to that anyway! I've seen someone penalized in the past, so the rule is definitely on the books! I have no sympathy for Phil even though I wouldn't have minded him winning! He needed to "move it out" when it was getting late! Idiot! :bullshit: :L :noidea: :rollseyes: