• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF says Russell Wilson best QB in division.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Based on what? Certainly not stats because the only thing Seattle has over us in passing is Wilson has taken less sacks.

Don't get me wrong I think he's starting to trend in the right direction and maybe by the end of the year you can say that but as of today up to this point I'll say Smith has had a better season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Certainly not stats because the only thing Seattle has over us in passing is Wilson has taken less sacks.

Don't get me wrong I think he's starting to trend in the right direction and maybe by the end of the year you can say that but as of today up to this point I'll say Smith has had a better season.

I think they are valuing the recent trend, extrapolating for the future to assess the past (because Wilson has played too little to make certain conclusions that place him higher than Smith or lower), and they are looking at the Giants game strongly (and the ensuing Seattle game). I think they'd be more correct in saying that it is Smith for now and Wilson could take over. The trend over the last three games, looks good for Wilson, despite Smith's MNF game. Just like with Kaep, this year I'll take Smith.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
considering he's a rookie, agree he's done a good job overall. but is he the best in the West right NOW......not so sure?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is the luckiest. Had 2 INTs reversed in a matter of minutes in the Packers game. I was one of the people who got a fantasy loss because of those 2 Packers D points.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith only has a better completion percentage, more passing yards, a better average per attempt, more touch passses, less interceptions, a higher QB rating and a better record. But they're right, Wilson is better

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the luckiest. Had 2 INTs reversed in a matter of minutes in the Packers game. I was one of the people who got a fantasy loss because of those 2 Packers D points.

And the three interceptions he has thrown because of receiver slips were good luck too, right? And his team dropping two game-winning catches in the last thirty minutes against Arizona....all his good luck, right? Hell, Turbin dropped a wide open TD against you guys.

If anything, Russell's numbers are very poor compared to how well he has actually played.

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of serious thoughts; first, Wilson has incredible poise not just for a rookie but for a veteran-- he is not Cam Newton -- and the press is wowed by that; second, he has a great arm, but what I've noticed is that his throws to the middle aren't as good, maybe because of his height; third, the comebacks that he has engineered -- Green Bay, New England, almost Detroit, have been really impressive. All that being said, I think that over the course of a season teams will game plan to take advantage of his lack of height, and Pete Carroll is a Harbaugh wannabe in terms of offense -- he runs the ball just as much but his run schemes aren't anywhere near as complex, it's more Jimmy Raye than Jimmy Harbaugh -- so he won't develop Wilson the way Harbaugh could.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if anyone is watching this game, but he's looking damn good today. His pocket presence is basically elite already, very difficult to sack and never stops looking downfield.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone is watching this game, but he's looking damn good today. His pocket presence is basically elite already, very difficult to sack and never stops looking downfield.

As long as he plays like he did against us everytime ill take it