• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF on the Battle of Ohio....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d55d2c485b05238c558ffd7c117c262a2f4a48fb9e3b2506003f0383e4e21869.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, forgive me if I don't just take the word of someone who often likes to make up scenarios of what is happening on the field as a way to explain away Dalton's deficiencies.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and you should be careful to not italicize your own opinion along with whatever you're referencing. It makes it seem the entire excerpt is part of an article.

That entire quote was taken from Bengals.com. It had nothing to do with my opinion, otherwise I WOULDN'T have put the whole thing in italics. FYI.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That entire quote was taken from Bengals.com. It had nothing to do with my opinion, otherwise I WOULDN'T have put the whole thing in italics. FYI.

Then you were referencing a different article than the post game conference script grad posted.

In any case, the reference is then important here given that it was written by one of Bengals.com writers (my guess Hobson?) which is essentially the same thing as asking Marvin - the master of coach-speak - directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqEc.gif

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you were referencing a different article than the post game conference script grad posted.

In any case, the reference is then important here given that it was written by one of Bengals.com writers (my guess Hobson?) which is essentially the same thing as asking Marvin - the master of coach-speak - directly.

Okay, well...I don't even know what to say. If you are not going to take direct quotes from the coach himself, or the beat reporter that probably knows the team better than any other news source, then I guess there is nothing I can say.

You choose to believe outside sources before you take it directly from the coach himself. Is Marvin lying? Maybe, but who knows? So before I bite on some news source that has no idea what happens inside the locker room, on the sidelines or in the huddle, I tend to believe the head coach when he actually decides to say something. It isn't like Marvin just comments all the time about everything and you do not know what to trust and not trust. He usually just tells reporters, get bent (no link for you, just a figure of speech), if there is something he doesn't want to comment on. When he actually says something, I tend to believe him, because he didn't go with his norm answer of, no comment.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation? I'm wrong, but too big of a dick to admit it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, well...I don't even know what to say. If you are not going to take direct quotes from the coach himself, or the beat reporter that probably knows the team better than any other news source, then I guess there is nothing I can say.

You choose to believe outside sources before you take it directly from the coach himself. Is Marvin lying? Maybe, but who knows? So before I bite on some news source that has no idea what happens inside the locker room, on the sidelines or in the huddle, I tend to believe the head coach when he actually decides to say something. It isn't like Marvin just comments all the time about everything and you do not know what to trust and not trust. He usually just tells reporters, get bent (no link for you, just a figure of speech), if there is something he doesn't want to comment on. When he actually says something, I tend to believe him, because he didn't go with his norm answer of, no comment.

Just as was reported about a month ago (the link posted on this site), Marvin and the crew baby Andy in PRACTICE. Paraphrasing what was reported, whenever Andy makes mistakes, they only give him positive reinforcement instead of some tough love. Now, if they're doing that in PRACTICE, do you really expect they'd give him that tough love to the MEDIA? So no, given those facts, I don't trust a word Marvin says to the media about Dalton.

Furthermore, Hobson is a well known homer. He's just another mouth piece for Brown and Marvin. I don't trust a word he says.

And speaking generally about any local media for any team, they have ins with the organization. As soon as they start going off on the organization or going too much against the grain of what the organization wants repeated, they lose their privileges. So for that reason, their reporting is usually watered down at best. So, yes I trust outside sources that have connections within the Bengals organization more than I trust any local media, especially Hobson.

All of that isn't to say receivers aren't running incorrect routes, but the source of the information is important. I absolutely believe there was miscommunication between Dalton and Green on one of those interceptions. Whose fault it was? I don't know. Could it have been an incorrect route? Yes. Could it have been a bad read. Possibly. The only way to know the truth is to see who is being reamed out on the sidelines right after the play.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources outside the organization..... LOL! That's rich.

Why would you trust any source 'outside' the Bengals organization? We have to have the smallest organization in the league. It's not one of these large corporations where employees with loose lips can't be discovered. More than half the people in administrative roles with the team are related to Mike Brown - And they all traditionally stay on point. The guys on the coaching staff are beholden to Marvin -- Like him or not, he has an influential name in the NFL at this point and he can absolutely dictate whether assistant coaches get opportunities elsewhere. They aren't going against his rhetoric.

Whether receivers are running the incorrect routes is neither here nor there.... It's the message the coaching staff has decided to send to the public. You can choose not to believe it -- But I think it's silly to assume it would be MORE believable if it came from outside sources.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong about what? Your language skills are sorely lacking. I recommend picking up a few books.

Seriously.

Hmmm.

For someone who wants me to read up:

Crash's post clearly stated the quote was from monday's presser, which I am assuming was the Monday after the game.

The article linked by Grad was for Weds presser before the game. "Transcripts of Wednesday's press conferences with head coach Marvin Lewis and quarterback Andy Dalton ahead of Sunday's game against the Browns."

Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton transcripts: Browns

(Both italics, bold, and link provided for your viewing pleasure)

Had you actually read both posts (and the article) correctly, you would realize why the quote didn't quite match up with the link.

I also find it funny that you want people to "prove" via links or footnotes or whatever else (what the hell, is this English 101) but yet when people ask you for proof or anything you spout out things about "truth" and not owing anything to anyone on this boad...etc...etc...etc...

I guess I don't find that funny...it's expected from someone like you.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sources outside the organization..... LOL! That's rich.

Why would you trust any source 'outside' the Bengals organization? We have to have the smallest organization in the league. It's not one of these large corporations where employees with loose lips can't be discovered. More than half the people in administrative roles with the team are related to Mike Brown - And they all traditionally stay on point. The guys on the coaching staff are beholden to Marvin -- Like him or not, he has an influential name in the NFL at this point and he can absolutely dictate whether assistant coaches get opportunities elsewhere. They aren't going against his rhetoric.

Whether receivers are running the incorrect routes is neither here nor there.... It's the message the coaching staff has decided to send to the public. You can choose not to believe it -- But I think it's silly to assume it would be MORE believable if it came from outside sources.

So you wouldn't trust the information an Adam Schefter or John Clayton would get? Or anyone with ESPN or NFL.com?

Did you believe the report that was released about the coaches buttering Andy in practices?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hmmm.

For someone who wants me to read up:

Crash's post clearly stated the quote was from monday's presser, which I am assuming was the Monday after the game.

The article linked by Grad was for Weds presser before the game. "Transcripts of Wednesday's press conferences with head coach Marvin Lewis and quarterback Andy Dalton ahead of Sunday's game against the Browns."

Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton transcripts: Browns

(Both italics, bold, and link provided for your viewing pleasure)

Had you actually read both posts (and the article) correctly, you would realize why the quote didn't quite match up with the link.

I also find it funny that you want people to "prove" via links or footnotes or whatever else (what the hell, is this English 101) but yet when people ask you for proof or anything you spout out things about "truth" and not owing anything to anyone on this boad...etc...etc...etc...

I guess I don't find that funny...it's expected from someone like you.

You have reading comprehension issues. I overlooked a statment.

Which proof/evidence related to my opinion of the players or personnel of the Bengals did you ask for that I did not provide?

I must say, you're getting borderline stalkerish.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wouldn't trust the information an Adam Schefter or John Clayton would get? Or anyone with ESPN or NFL.com?

Did you believe the report that was released about the coaches buttering Andy in practices?

I trust their resources when it comes to personnel decisions -- That is, I believe that they have insider information about contract status, potential acquisitions, free agency, etc. I believe a lot of this insider info is used and controlled by player agents. When it comes to matters of game management, player performance, etc.... I don't really buy much of what I read. There are any number of motivations for the coaches to strategically 'leak' it about their own players or about players for other teams.

This goes for what Marvin said about AJ as well.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I trust their resources when it comes to personnel decisions -- That is, I believe that they have insider information about contract status, potential acquisitions, free agency, etc. I believe a lot of this insider info is used and controlled by player agents. When it comes to matters of game management, player performance, etc.... I don't really buy much of what I read. There are any number of motivations for the coaches to strategically 'leak' it about their own players or about players for other teams.

This goes for what Marvin said about AJ as well.

I'm not sure where we're disagreeing. I never said anything about game management or performance as it relates to outside sources. What I did say about that was I don't trust what Marvin is saying given how they treat Andy in practice. If they can't say anything to him behind closed doors, they won't call him out in the media. Additionally, Marvin has made a habit of going overboard with his standing up for his players (see: Maualuga and Gresham). Heck he called out an entire website for it and couldn't help himself but to swear while doing so.