• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hypothetical situation here.

Suppose Colts decide they are going to draft Luck and go into a rebuild mode, and they do not pick up Peyton's $28M option, so Peyton is a free agent.

Also suppose 49ers win a game at home in the playoffs, and then lose on the road in Green Bay. Also in the playoffs, it's likely that our passing game will not be able to keep pace with the Packers or Saints in a shootout.

If Peyton is out there, do we go after him and keep Kaepernick as the heir apparent, or settle for Alex?

A healthy Peyton would be an upgrade over Alex. Peyton made an average Colt team last year competitive, and average dudes like Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Garcon, Austin Collie became better with Peyton.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We sign Peyton. We don't think twice. We sign Peyton.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle for alex??? This is a no brainer !

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would fit good with Harbaugh. Harbaugh is a former QB who coaches his QBs, not the other way around.

Peyton would need to go to a coach who is defensive minded that can keep his mouth shut on offense and get some puppet OC to work with Peyton.

Besides Harbaugh might have a grudge against him for taking his job in Indy. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the key here is a healthy peyton.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would any team trade for Peyton knowing he has $28M coming to him?

Or would the team trading for Peyton re-negotiate?

I cannot see Peyton getting $28M next year considering his age and neck injury.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't want Peyton manning...he is a system quarterback and if you don't have a great OL he will be sacked and there goes your 28 million quarterback!! I'd rather see the 49ers go after Seneca Wallace or Matt Flynn or try to trade up in the draft in get Robert griffin 111

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think about it, why would peyton sign with a team that has one of the worst lines in football? he'd have neck pain just thinking about it.

i think elway would be the first guy to call manning's agent, if the colts let him go.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond the fact that I cant envision the Colts letting Peyton walk, there is no question that Peyton Manning makes bad O lines look better than they are. Idiocy reigns for those who would dare claim that Indy has consistently had top notch O Lines every year Peyton has played in the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i don't want Peyton manning...he is a system quarterback and if you don't have a great OL he will be sacked and there goes your 28 million quarterback!! I'd rather see the 49ers go after Seneca Wallace or Matt Flynn or try to trade up in the draft in get Robert griffin 111

Is this for real?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our defense is Superbowl caliber, and pieces of our offense are really high talent wise as well: Gore, Hunter, Vernon, Walker, Edwards, Crabtree.
Those offensive weapons are individually better than what Indy had: Addai, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark and Tamme.

If Alex bombs in the playoffs, Peyton might be the missing piece.

I think we'd be high on Peyton's list as well. He wants some more rings.
What other team is so loaded everywhere else and just missing the HOF QB?

On a side note, anyone noticed that recently we have slipped in the power rankings down to around 5th or 6th behind GB, BALT, PIT, NO, NE? I think it's mainly because of the offense stuttering.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd have no problem with signing Peyton Manning, and keeping Kaep ready on the bench.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our defense is Superbowl caliber, and pieces of our offense are really high talent wise as well: Gore, Hunter, Vernon, Walker, Edwards, Crabtree.
Those offensive weapons are individually better than what Indy had: Addai, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark and Tamme.

If Alex bombs in the playoffs, Peyton might be the missing piece.

I think we'd be high on Peyton's list as well. He wants some more rings.
What other team is so loaded everywhere else and just missing the HOF QB?

On a side note, anyone noticed that recently we have slipped in the power rankings down to around 5th or 6th behind GB, BALT, PIT, NO, NE? I think it's mainly because of the offense stuttering.

I'm not sure I can agree with that. We have the obvious advantage at RB. TE is pretty close IMO, as Clark is more consistent while Davis has more playmaking potential. Until and unless Edwards actually starts performing, though, they've got the clear upper hand at WR.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Peyton and watch our OL get him killed in gm 1.... go ahead.

Our OL is absolutely terrible. Worst in the league. Much worse than the garbage Peyton has been playing behind all these years in Indy. Joe Staley, Mike Iupati, and Jonathan Goodwin are practice squad players that shouldn't even be on the field. Forget the 1st game, we're talking 1st snap get Manning killed bad.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Future HOF QB's: we have a limited offer for you to join our elite defense, elite special teams, and an offense that's even better with what you've won with in the past. Sign up with us now and we'll draft you a first round WR all part of this exclusive offer all inclusive offer. Tired of playing in a tough division that drags you down year after year? Call us right now and join us in the NFC west where the teams are soft as cookie dough. Just look at those pesky Rams! The weather is excellent. Our beat writers are fair. But wait, there's more. If you call within the next 30 minutes, we'll throw in a brand new stadium for free. That's right folks. Call within the next 30 minutes and we'll throw in a brand new stadium for free. Coach Harbaugh is standing by with flowers for your wife.

*Disclosure per terms of contract: stadium not to be constructed until 2014 or later. Side effects include WR drops at abnormally high levels. Please consult doctor to evaluate Swiss cheese offensive line. RB ankles not to be guaranteed for life of contract.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Possible Destinations for One Peyton Manning - The Triangle Blog

1. San Francisco 49ers

If Jim Harbaugh can't get Andrew Luck, wouldn't this be the next best thing? With Harbaugh at coach, that young offensive line percolating, a dominant defense, and the NFC West on the docket for six games a year, the Niners can own this division for the next three to four years. That's pretty clear. But when they lose in the playoffs this year, the narrative around them is going to become simple: "We need an upgrade on Alex Smith if we're going to ever win a Super Bowl." The Niners left $16 million in cap space unused this year, and with a young roster, they should be able to fit Manning under the cap in 2012. And while the San Francisco offense isn't quite as good as the unit Manning would join in Dallas, Peyton would have enough weapons to justify making the move. We've seen how good the 49ers can be with a below-average quarterback this season; now, what could they do with an elite one?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Future HOF QB's: we have a limited offer for you to join our elite defense, elite special teams, and an offense that's even better with what you've won with in the past. Sign up with us now and we'll draft you a first round WR all part of this exclusive offer all inclusive offer. Tired of playing in a tough division that drags you down year after year? Call us right now and join us in the NFC west where the teams are soft as cookie dough. Just look at those pesky Rams! The weather is excellent. Our beat writers are fair. But wait, there's more. If you call within the next 30 minutes, we'll throw in a brand new stadium for free. That's right folks. Call within the next 30 minutes and we'll throw in a brand new stadium for free. Coach Harbaugh is standing by with flowers for your wife.

*Disclosure per terms of contract: stadium not to be constructed until 2014 or later. Side effects include WR drops at abnormally high levels. Please consult doctor to evaluate Swiss cheese offensive line. RB ankles not to be guaranteed for life of contract.

Nice.