• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think fantasy football plays a big role in it. Younger people who grew up in the fantasy football explosion Era value stats above all else.

People that pre-date that era value the full picture more. Wins aren't the end all be all but it has to matter somewhere. That is why, as sonny noted, I'm firmly in the Montana is GOAT group. I think Marino deserves a ton of credit also for the Era he played in (less pro-QB rules) and didn't have half the weapons Manning did.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Manning isnt close to being the GOAT but i see what your saying.

To me they are very close. I actually have Brady just ahead of Manning all time due to the fact that he is a slightly better quarterback in the postseason and he's never had the amount of receiving talent that Manning has had in order to put up huge career numbers like Manning.

But i emphasize that Brady is only slightly better in the postseason.

I get that it is your opinion.

But Brady is simply better in the post season where it matters.

Winning: 70%+ (Manning is Sub 500)
SB Winning: 60% (Manning again is Sub 500)

Even Regular season % Brady comes in at 77% Manning at 70 (if not less)

Stats? Remember Manning has 3 full years on Brady, and for years had better offensive talent around him.

Brady is closer to Montana then Manning is to Brady in the talk of greatest QB.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think fantasy football plays a big role in it. Younger people who grew up in the fantasy football explosion Era value stats above all else.

People that pre-date that era value the full picture more. Wins aren't the end all be all but it has to matter somewhere. That is why, as sonny noted, I'm firmly in the Montana is GOAT group. I think Marino deserves a ton of credit also for the Era he played in (less pro-QB rules) and didn't have half the weapons Manning did.

This. It has always been about the full picture (for me too)

Its frustrating to see someone discredit Brady or Montana, by cherry picking, excuses or not looking at the entire picture (which is why Bradshaw is lower on the list even though he has 4 rings).

sta8541

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning: 88.6

Brady: 87.2

Not exactly something either one can brag about over the other.

...By the way, Joe Montana's post season passer rating was 95.6 back when defense was still legal. :D

...By the way, Bart Starr's postseason passer rating was 104.8 back when defense was even more still legal. :D

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe things that happen during games... missed field goals? awful special teams? bad drops? defenses getting torn apart in the 4th quarter by billy volek?

have you read the article?

If you are referring to these articles put up by Scott Kacsmar or whatever his name is.....well I remember him by his multiple monikers on the kffl forums. It was muscle memory for him to cherry pick any stats for Peyton Manning, as well as those against Tom Brady.

Fun watching him squirm, shifting the goal posts, post irrelevant rebuttals when I called him out on his Manning nonsense.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked back at a couple of older pages recently and some of the Brady bashing and Manning gloating in between the AFCCG and the SB has become historically amusing.

"God Bless the 2013 Seahawks" - Brady fans everywhere.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to these articles put up by Scott Kacsmar or whatever his name is.....well I remember him by his multiple monikers on the kffl forums. It was muscle memory for him to cherry pick any stats for Peyton Manning, as well as those against Tom Brady.

Fun watching him squirm, shifting the goal posts, post irrelevant rebuttals when I called him out on his Manning nonsense.

I always get a chuckle when people use Scotty boy as a great piece of knowledge on the topic of Brady vs Manning. This is a guy who knew so little about the game back in 2004 he was arguing Manning is better than Brady because of draft status and probowl stats...I shit you not.

Once he got throughly embarrassed for even selling that he started cherry picking stats to prop up Manning over Brady. Hell kid owes his career to myself and a few others for challenging him. He is a fraud who had no job and the time to look up stats all day on the internet.

That being said I will give him credit for his "comeback victory" stats. As NFL teams long fudged results to make their guy look better. Denver for Elway being the biggest offenders.

The rest? Biased BS because he loves Manning and hated Brady.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said I will give him credit for his "comeback victory" stats. As NFL teams long fudged results to make their guy look better. Denver for Elway being the biggest offenders.

He deserves no credit for that either. Trust me.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked back at a couple of older pages recently and some of the Brady bashing and Manning gloating in between the AFCCG and the SB has become historically amusing.

I have to admit that beating was definitely some prime-time entertainment against Manning.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your welcomed. It was quiet the show, the unstoppable Bronco offense, best ever, got shut the fuck down.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves no credit for that either. Trust me.

Your whole life is "the catch" isn't it? And you somehow see Peyton Manning as a huge threat to that. How strange.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that beating was definitely some prime-time entertainment against Manning.

Especially since you guys are still pretending that Brady's debacle in the AFC CG never happened. :L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison played 3 years without Peyton and was a mediocre receiver at best. Peyton gets drafted and all of a sudden he blows up and becomes one of the G.O.A.T.S. Coincidence? I doubt it. Brady also had Welker. Clark was a nobody without Peyton. To me the only player who has proven he can put up the same production with out Peyton is Reggie Wayne. Everyone else is unproven without Peyton or couldn't produce without him.
A very good post. :nod:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your whole life is "the catch" isn't it? And you somehow see Peyton Manning as a huge threat to that. How strange.

Given that it has been you who has brought up 'The Catch' in this thread, and Montana in the other, I'd say it's you who is the insecure one.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that it has been you who has brought up 'The Catch' in this thread, and Montana in the other, I'd say it's you who is the insecure one.

You Montana and Brady worshipers are so predictable. :L Every time Peyton shatters a new record or makes yet another career accomplishment, these sorts of threads get bumped. And it's almost always by one of you guys

You can set your watch by it. :L

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good post. :nod:

Brady had Welker? Because Welker was a 120 catch stud before he went to NE?

Cause and effect people. Of course Marvin Harrison put up bigger numbers with an all time great QB as opposed to Jim Harbaugh.

Manning didn't make Harrison a stud. He was a stud held back by mediocre QB play.

What did Deion Branch or David Givens do without Brady?

Both great QBs made their weapons better. Pretending it only applies to Manning is laughable.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Montana and Brady worshipers are so predictable. :L Every time Peyton shatters a new record or makes yet another career accomplishment, these sorts of threads get bumped. And it's almost always by one of you guys

You can set your watch by it. :L

Translation: You simply can't address the facts at hand. Much like the other thread. Insecure little Manning backer. Now, bring up Joe Montana's name again.....

And it looks like in my brief time here, I can set my watch to it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: You simply can't address the facts at hand. Much like the other thread. Insecure little Manning backer. Now, bring up Joe Montana's name again.....

And it looks like in my brief time here, I can set my watch to it.

"the facts"

Translation: "Your opinions"

Opinions you take VERY seriously. :L

But don't stop, this is the best entertainment I can think of. Hollywood can't make this shit up! :pound:

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many catches would Jerry Rice in his prime have with say...JaMarcus Russell throwing him the ball? 30? 40?

Doesn't make Rice any less the GOAT WR. It means he doesn't have a QB who can get him the ball.

Get it?