• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning insists he is same player in cold

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,803.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning insisted Wednesday he's not a different player in wintry weather despite a track record that seems to show otherwise.

Asked whether he thinks he's a different player in cold weather, Manning simply said, "I don't."

Asked why he thought he wasn't a different quarterback in cold weather, he added only, "That's not how I feel, so ... did I miss the question?"

Manning is 3-7 in the regular season and postseason combined when the game-time temperature is 32 degrees or colder, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Source: ESPN

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well part of that record is because most of those games (all but 1) have been road games in the playoffs. So not sure you can read too much into the record considering he is playing higher caliber opponents on the road. Plus throw in the fact that it is a "Team sport."

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well part of that record is because most of those games (all but 1) have been road games in the playoffs. So not sure you can read too much into the record considering he is playing higher caliber opponents on the road. Plus throw in the fact that it is a "Team sport."

Agreed, as a life long Pats fan I don't care when we play Manning it worries the shit out of me. Cold weather my ass it's more about bad brakes. He is one of the greatest all time QBs that is not debatable. I love watching him play, and will miss him when he is gone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, as a life long Pats fan I don't care when we play Manning it worries the shit out of me. Cold weather my ass it's more about bad brakes. He is one of the greatest all time QBs that is not debatable. I love watching him play, and will miss him when he is gone.

The Manning-Brady battles have always been instant classics. These two have been class acts throughout their careers and I'm just trying my hardest to remember I am watching history that we might not see again for years coming from these two. Hopefully we can see them play each other one more time this season (In Denver ;))