• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterson: Sherman couldn't handle Cardinals scheme

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I believe if you put him in our system I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly," Peterson said on "The Bickley Show with Vince Marotta" on Arizona Sports 98.7 in Phoenix. "I actually do much more than he is."

"I don't want to get into that debate as far as the stats that he has and things he has," Peterson said. "Obviously, his job is definitely much easier than mine. If you look at their scheme and look at our scheme, he's a Cover 3 corner. Period."

"He's only covering space. He's not really covering a guy," Peterson said. "At the end of the day, he has great stats and he has great playmaking ability, not taking that away from him because he is a good corner.

"But as far as being a shutdown corner, man-to-man guy, in my eyes, I don't believe he's that."

Patrick Peterson says Richard Sherman couldn't handle Arizona Cardinals' scheme - ESPN

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about when PP shadows guys and gets his ass kicked? Does that still make him better him a better corner, simply because he was following them?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a corner that shuts down half the field then a corner who inconsistently covers all of it.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post only occasionally here, but do follow the discussions more or less.

And all I can say here is, man, it seems like Patrick Peterson just can't stop thinkin' 'bout Richard Sherman these days. Sherm gets into the heads of opposing WRs a lot-- but opponent DBs too?

Sherm's a big talker who backs it up. Not sure that PP has managed that quite yet.

And if PP played for the Hawks, then he too would cover only one side of the field, because that's generally how the Hawks scheme on defense.

But here's the bottom line: Sherman does what the Hawks ask him to do, exceptionally well. So call him the best CB, call him the worst CB, or call him anything in between-- he still does his job exceptionally well for the Hawks, which is all that I really need to know.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are the cardinals fans?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's tweet. :L

Just trolling.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I believe if you put him in our system I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly," Peterson said on "The Bickley Show with Vince Marotta" on Arizona Sports 98.7 in Phoenix. "I actually do much more than he is."

"I don't want to get into that debate as far as the stats that he has and things he has," Peterson said. "Obviously, his job is definitely much easier than mine. If you look at their scheme and look at our scheme, he's a Cover 3 corner. Period."

"He's only covering space. He's not really covering a guy," Peterson said. "At the end of the day, he has great stats and he has great playmaking ability, not taking that away from him because he is a good corner.

"But as far as being a shutdown corner, man-to-man guy, in my eyes, I don't believe he's that."

Patrick Peterson says Richard Sherman couldn't handle Arizona Cardinals' scheme - ESPN

Is Patrick Petersen related to this guy?

they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do-217x300.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson's right. Sherman's gonna be a step slower next year lugging that heavy Super Bowl Championship ring around on his finger.

Hahaha, we get to use Hammer's Law now!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, so their 'system' is so complicated that Sherman wouldn't be able to play in it...

And he is the best corner in the game on the best secondary in the game...

Doesn't that mean that Zona's secondary schemes are overly complicated without producing better results?

Seems to me that makes the zona defensive coaches fucking retards. If Seattle can fucking dominate with their more 'simple' schemes then what the fuck are you doing? :lol:

Honestly it just makes him look like a complete retard to me.

He's trying to out sherman, sherman and doing so without the facts to back it up. It's not going to turn out well for him.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fans are so easily offended and overly defensive here at the Hoop, seemingly over nothing. lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fans are so easily offended and overly defensive here at the Hoop, seemingly over nothing. lol

Gee, Seahawk fans respond to posts/comments about the Seahawks and our rivals. How fucking odd is that? :laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, Seahawk fans respond to posts/comments about the Seahawks and our rivals. How fucking odd is that? :laugh3:

Just funny to me how offended you get.

Seattle coming off a Super Bowl, clearly a great defense, Sherman clearly superior to Peterson, not much to really get all worked up about.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just funny to me how offended you get.

Seattle coming off a Super Bowl, clearly a great defense, Sherman clearly superior to Peterson, not much to really get all worked up about.

So you can now tell the emotional state of posters based just off the words they type? :L

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not upset. Calling someone a tard doesn't mean you are mad. I think you read too much into things. Pretty sure most Seahawk fans are happy he is saying things like this. Sherman loves to use stuff like this to motivate him. I hope he keeps it up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk all my Zonies have been M.I.A.

And this goes to CI's post as well. Why are Seahawk fans seemingly all over some threads? Well maybe it's because they won the SB and many of our fans are still on that high and more apt to be on this board than most other fans over an off season?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this goes to CI's post as well. Why are Seahawk fans seemingly all over some threads? Well maybe it's because they won the SB and many of our fans are still on that high and more apt to be on this board than most other fans over an off season?

Agreed